Chapter 10

Babies, Maybe?

After the couple collected Kyungsoo’s pre-natal prescriptions, they walked hand in hand back to their car with a smiling Kyungsoo holding on to a sonogram photograph of his small bean of life growing inside of him. As they were driving back to their apartment, Kyungsoo suddenly suggested that they should have a small gathering along with their mothers and their close friends. Once they reached their apartment, Kyungsoo made a bee line for the kitchen quickly taking out ingredients needed to make his Kimchi Spaghetti and some other desserts to go along with the main course. While he was busy humming to himself, he also ordered Kai around to call up their mothers and friends to come over for a surprise gathering.

After what it seems like forever to the excited older, all their guests came appearing at the same time with a puffing Baekhyun at the back. Well, what do you guys expect? That boy is six months pregnant and he is expecting the arrival of his baby. Kyungsoo rushed his guest to the kitchen and prepared their well-deserved dinner, ignoring all the cuss words coming out of Baekhyun's mouth. Well, Baekhyun was tired. Very tired in fact. He was getting his beauty sleep when Kyungsoo decided to have a surprise gathering together with them. Dinner was what you can say kind of awkward. There was Chanyeol trying his best to please his wife and also persuading the smaller to eat up his dinner. A lovey dovey couple sitting at the corner feeding one another ignoring the fact that the everyone was witnessing their PDA session. At both ends of the table, there was both Kai and Kyungsoo mothers exchanging questioning glances at one another especially Kyungsoo who seems to be oblivious about his surroundings because he had that stupid smile on his face.

 

After the awkward dinner, Kyungsoo rushed them to the living room and took out the dessert that he prepared for them beforehand. It was none other than his new recipe: Apple Crumble Pizza. He found it online and decided to try it out for his loved ones to try them out. After all of them took a taste of the pizza, Kyungsoo was shot with overflowing amount of compliments about his talent and at last a satisfied looking Baekhyun taking more slices of the pizzas.

"So guys, what you want to tell us that you keep on insisting that this is the most important visit out of all the visit, hmm?" Chanyeol said with crumbs falling out of his mouth. This boy never change both Kai and Kyungsoo thought.

 

Kyungsoo slowly made his way in front of his loved ones and clasped his fingers together. He looked at Kai for encouragement and the latter gave him the same smile that Kyungsoo always fell for. Kyungsoo placed his hand on his not-so-big tummy and took a deep breath, "Guys, I'm pregnant." He said and breathed out.

 

He closed his eyes waiting for their reactions and when he opened them, he saw his mother walking up to him giving him a big tight hug muttering a congratulations and "if Appa was here, he will be very proud of you, Kyungie-ah."

 

Kai's mother did the same thing as his mum. Both mothers showering the doe-eyed boy with kisses. Luhan and Sehun still had that shocked expression on their faces before jumping up and down in joy that another of their best friend is exepcting their own baby. While Baekhyun dropped everything that was in his hands and rushed to his one and only childhood friend squealing; you might say that he was moving abit too fast for a pregnant man.

 

After that confession, the man of the relationship; Kai, Sehun and Chanyeol sat together having their man to man talk. Chanyeol with his advices and Sehun with how did Kai did it. While the feminine counterpart of the relationship along with Mrs Do and Mrs Kim giving all possible advices that Kyungsoo needed. And yes, Kyungsoo was diligently taking down notes.

 

Later that night when all of the guest left and all the mess was cleared up, both Kai and Kyungsoo were cuddling in bed enjoying each other's company with Kai's hands under Kyungsoo's shirt caressing his tummy.

 

"Kai?" Kyungsoo said.

 

"Hmm? Yes, Baby?"

 

"Thanks for giving me this bean of life. I really appreciate it"

 

"No problem. i am as happy as you are. Now, let's go to sleep. You and the baby need alot of rest." Kai responded while kissing Kyungsoo's forehead down to his eyelids, his nose and lastly his lips.

 

"I LOVE YOU, BABE," Kai said.

 

"Mmhmm." Kyungsoo hummed in response as he drifted off to dreamland.