๖ۣۜSeven Days

ExoYul's Collection ♪♪♪♪♪
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MONDAY

 

The sun is scorching up in the vast sky, sending warm rays to the world. Flowers are still blooming everywhere. The air is mixed with both cool and warm breeze, giving comfort to people and carving smiles on their face.

 

It is the first day of summer. It is the kind of time of the year that she loves the most.

 

Yuri is gazing at the stunning blue sky when she receives a call from her friend. “The weather’s nice. Let’s go watch a soccer match,” Sooyoung says over the phone.

 

Yuri laughs at her friend. She can always count on Sooyoung for quirky suggestions out of the blue. “Now? Why soccer match though, all of a sudden?”

 

“What’s wrong with a soccer match? I went to one once to watch my brother. There are lots of good looking guys,” replied Sooyoung nonchalantly.

 

Again, Yuri laughs. She knows that when it comes to boys, she can’t debate Sooyoung. “Okay then, I’ll be there in ten minutes.”

 

As promised, ten minutes later, she joins Sooyoung on the bleachers by the side of the sparkling green field. The boys, she notices, are wearing casual attires instead of jerseys. Even Sooyoung’s brother is wearing a pair of faded blue jeans which had been rolled up to the calves. Seeing her taking a seat next to his sister, Minho smiles and gives her a brief wave before returning his attention back to the game.

 

It is a nice day to be outside. Yuri, who has never been that interested in soccer, takes out a book from her bag. She puts it on her lap and starts reading. But then, a ball comes rolling in the two girls’ direction.

 

“Can you pass it back?” she hears a voice asking. When she tears her eyes off her book and glances up, Sooyoung is already on her way to pick the ball up.

 

Yuri sees two boys coming over with hands on their hips. Sooyoung throws the ball, but with the strength she has resulted from years of taekwondo, it flies over their head to the center of the field. The two boys run back to resume the game. One of them, however, glances back. “Thanks!” he yells with a smile.

 

Even though it was Sooyoung who helped, his eyes are looking straight at Yuri.

 

Yuri smiles back. Her gaze later is fixed on that very boy who seems to glimmer under the sun. By then, she has already forgotten about her book.

 

 

---

 

TUESDAY

 

The sun is scorching up in the vast sky, sending warm rays to the world. Flowers are still blooming everywhere. The air is still mixed with both cool and warm breeze, giving comfort to people and carving smiles on their face.

 

It is the second day of summer. It is still the kind of time of the year that she loves the most.

 

Today, Yuri is the first to give her friend a call. “Let’s go watch the match,” she says over the phone.

 

Today, it is Sooyoung’s turn to laugh. “I thought you don’t like soccer?”

 

“Well, it was fun,” Yuri replies.

 

Ten minutes later, they are already at the field, settling themselves at the same spot where they sat the previous day.

 

Like yesterday, Yuri brings along a book and rests it on her lap. However, her eyes are fixed on a certain boy on the field. Throughout the match, she silently wishes that the ball would come rolling in their direction again. But none comes.

 

She lingers around after the match ends with an excuse of wanting to walk home with Sooyoung and her brother. She forces herself to focus her attention on her book while waiting for Minho to pack his stuff when inside, her heart is beating rapidly as the same boy from yesterday walks over to the bleachers to get his bag.

 

Before taking his leave, he steals a glance at Yuri the exact same time she does at him which sends a jolt to her heart. Their eyes meet, and slowly his lips curl into a smile. “See ya,” he says.

 

And Yuri floats back home.

 

 

---

 

WEDNESDAY

 

The sun is still scorching in the sky. Flowers are still blooming everywhere. The air is still mixed with both coolness and warmness.

 

It is the third day of summer. It is still one of her favorite times of the year.

 

Today, neither Yuri nor Sooyoung gives the other a call. Instead, they go straight to field, sitting at the same spot as the previous days.

 

Today, just like the previous two days, Yuri still brings along her book, but abandons it the second she places it on her lap.

 

Today, her eyes are still fixed on the same boy who seems to glimmer under the sun.

 

Today, she still wishes that the ball would come rolling her way. None comes, much to her disappointment.

 

Today, she still uses the same excuse and wait for Minho to pack his stuff while pretending to read after the game ends. Much to her surprise, that very boy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter