Nine.

Sweet Melody Of Love

 

 
 
Tiffany couldn't concentrate on the lecture. She was busy thinking about her father's debts, she thought about Yul who was willing to take care of it. That guy wasn't that bad, she knew it. 
 
 
"anything wrong, Fany? You seem so distract.."
 
 
"uh no, I'm fine.." 
 
 
"you lie, you know you can tell me anything, baby. I'm your boyfriend, remember?" 
 
 
She sighed, "i'll tell you later, okay?" 
 
 
"My biggest reward is to see you smile, knowing you're happy and feel you're loved. I know life is sometimes cruel but that's why I'm here, to show you that life can be good when somebody cares.." he said softly
 
 
 
"thank you, thank you so much.." she smiled thankfully
 
 
 

 

 
 
"what if he finds out? You're not afraid, Jess?" 
 
 
"no.." 
 
 
"do you love him?" 
 
 
"i don't know, but i like him.." 
 
 
"you only love Yoong oppa, i know it. The others just for fun, right? Like a toy?"
 
 
"Taeng is different, even though i don't love him but i feel comfortable when he's around.." 
 
 
"you probably love him, but you don't want to admit it.."
 
 
"of course not! That will never happen.." 
 
 
"oh really?" 
 
 
"geez, just shut up.."
 
 
"so what's wrong with falling for Taeng oppa? He's a good guy though.." 
 
 
"there's nothing wrong with that, but it's just temporary till i can get Yoong back.." 
 
 
"You're so confusing, unnie.."
 
 
"i am.." 
 
 
This little secret was only known by Jessica herself, and her sister, Krystal. The younger girl was actually against her sister. She didn't like the fact that her sister was a player. But, what could she do? Her sister never listened to her anyway.
 
 
 
"Taeng oppa?" 
 
 
Upon hearing that name escaped from her sister's mouth, Jessica turned around abruptly. Her eyes widen in surprise to see her boyfriend standing not far from her. 
 
 
 
"T-Taeng? How long have you been here?"
 
 
"long enough.." Taeng said expressionless
 
 
"i-i....y-you, you-" she cursed herself for stuttering
 
 
"just temporary, huh?" he scoffed
 
 
"it's not like that, Taeng. I can explain.." 
 
 
"sure, go on, what's your explanation?" he said sarcastically
 
 
"i-i, uhm, we-" 
 
 
"forget it, you don't need to explain.." 
 
 
With one last glance, Taeng walked away slowly. Jessica ruffled her hair in frustration. Should she chase him? But, why does she bother to chase him? She didn't even love him, she could find another man easily. 
 
 
 
"aarggh, i hate this feeling!!" 
 
 
 

 

 
 
"hey, don't think too much. I don't want you to get sick, we'll be facing final exam within 2 weeks, remember? You don't want to miss it, right?"
 
 
"of course not, we'll graduate soon. And i can't wait for it.." 
 
 
"then, you should stop worry about nothing, Fany.." 
 
 
Tiffany sighed, she chose to lie to Yoong. She didn't tell the truth about her debts, she just couldn't. She felt guilty, Yoong has the rights to know, he was her boyfriend after all. But, she just didn't want him to get involved. 
 
Maybe she was selfish. Didn't want Yoong to get involved, but let Yul to get involved to this. 
 
 
 
"yeah.." 
 
 
"listen baby, you know you have me. If you don't feel comfortable with Yul, you can move in, with me. I know maybe it's too soon to do that, but if you don't like to stay with him, you can stay at my place.."
 
 
"uh, thank you for your offer.." 
 
 
"i'm serious with my offer, Fany.."
 
 
"i don't want to be a burden to you, Yoong.." 
 
 
"you won't be, trust me.."
 
 
"......"
 
 
"Fany?" 
 
 
"i-i'll think about it.." 
 
 
"okay, i don't force you, so take your time to think. I'll be waiting.." 
 
 
"thank you.." 
 
 
 
Move in? That wasn't a bad idea. She wanted to, but at the same time she didn't want to leave Yul. Yul had done many things for her, and she used to his presence. 
 
 
 
"better not thinking about it right now.." she whispered to herself
 
 
 

 

 
 
"we meet again, Yul.." 
 
 
"who are you?"
 
 
"you don't remember?" 
 
 
"tell me who you are or get away from my way.."
 
 
"i'm your brother.."
 
 
"what?"
 
 
"i'm Kwon Jiyoung, brother of Kwon Yul, son of Kwon Sangwoo.." 
 
 
Yul's eyes grew wider upon hearing that. He observed Jiyoung's face, from hairs, eyes, nose, lips, ears, and right he was really Jiyoung, his brother. His brother who was seperated for years.
 
 
 
Yul scoffed, "i don't have family, you get a wrong person.." 
 
 
"i know it's you, Yul. You can't deny, i know you recognize me.." Jiyoung smirked
 
 
"what do you want?"
 
 
"let me tell you this, father wants to see you, he feels sorry for leaving you back then.."
 
 
"sorry?" Yul laughed, amused
 
 
 
"seriously, Yul.."
 
 
"for all this time, why now? You don't know what i've been through, and now you easily say that he's sorry? Do you know how it feels to be me? 7 years old with no family, trying to survive by being a beggar, sleeping outside a closed store, do you know how it feels??" 
 
 
"i'm sorry.." Jiyoung felt guilty
 
 
"don't say that words!! I'm sick hearing it from everybody!!" Yul raised his voice
 
 
"i didn't want to leave you back then. I swear i didn't know that father planned to dump you!" 
 
 
Yul scoffed, "do you think i believe you?" 
 
 
"to tell you the truth, you're not his son, at least by blood. Mother cheated on him by sleeping with another man. And the result of mother's dark relationship is you.."
 
 
"what?"
 
 
"father was really angry to know that mother giving you birth since you're not his son. So, everytime he looked at you, he remembered about mother's sin.."
 
 
"so, i'm a sin? What could be worse than it, huh?" Yul laughed bitterly
 
 
"i'm sorry, Yul. That's the truth.."
 
 
"......"
 
 
"......"
 
 
"......"
 
 
Jiyoung sighed, "okay, i leave and i won't disturb you anymore. But one thing for sure, i think you of my brother even though father doesn't think you as his son.." 
 
 
With that, Jiyoung entered his car and left. Meanwhile, Yul stood still at his spot. This is too much for him. He closed his eyes, and all the memory about his family came back to his mind. 
 
 
 
"God, do you hate me? Why do i have a life?"