Seventeen.

Sweet Melody Of Love

 

 
 
Yoong splashed his face with cold water. He couldn't stop thinking about his kiss with Jessica. Why did he do that? He has a girlfriend, he cheated on her. What was on his mind to do such thing? 
 
He splashed his face again, and sighed. Tiffany stayed at his place was making it harder for him. He loves her, right? Then why did his mind occupied with Jessica?
 
He should stop this, he didn't want to hurt Tiffany. What if she knew? Did he still love Jessica? But they were no longer together. Or should he end it with Tiffany? Who should he choose? 
 
 
He sighed, it wouldn't be good. He splashed his face once again, then walked out from the bathroom. He found his girlfriend sitting on the couch. From the look, she was busy thinking about something too, he knew it.
 
 
 
"hey, why are you so quiet? Aren't you happy to be here with me?" he sat next to her
 
 
"it's not like that, you know. I'm just thinking about something.." 
 
 
"something or someone?" 
 
 
"Yoong.." she whined
 
 
"alright alright, but can you stop thinking about that? Less thinking, more cuddling.." he pulled her closer
 
 
"okay.." 
 
 
Tiffany giggled and snuggled closer to her boyfriend. It's been 3 days since she moved in. It felt so right yet so wrong. Everynight she would stare at the violin that Yul gave her. 
 
 
"you're thinking again.." Yoong pouted
 
 
"sorry.." Tiffany smiled apologetically
 
 
"it's him, right?"
 
 
"huh?"
 
 
"you're thinking about Yul, right?" 
 
 
"no, why should i think about him?" she denied
 
 
"don't lie, i know it.." he said with a firm gaze
 
 
She sighed, "sorry.." 
 
 
 
"why can't you stop thinking about him? I'm your boyfriend, Tiffany. What does he have that i don't?" he said in frustration
 
 
"Yoong?"
 
 
"he's just a poor man with a cold attitude! What's so interesting about him? Didn't i give you enough money? Didn't i buy you all the stuffs that you like?"
 
 
"how could you say that?" 
 
 
"i'm your boyfriend, dammit! You can't think about another guy when you're with me!!" he raised his voice
 
 
Tiffany shook her head in disbelief. Yoong never yelled at her. And how could he look down at her and Yul. Sure, Yul didn't have much money like Yoong. But she knew Yul better than anyone else. 
 
 
"do you think money can buy a heart? No, Yoong. Do you think i want to be with you because you have money? No, Yoong. Am i that low in your eyes? Thinking that doing all of this because of money?" 
 
 
"......"
 
 
"you don't know how it feels to sleep in a cold place, losing your parents, being expelled from your own house, have responsibilty to pay your father's debts, and not eating for days. Have you felt it, Yoong? No.." her voice cracked
 
 
"......"
 
 
"you're born in a wealthy family, sure you never felt to be poor like me. But he, he feels it, he knew exactly how it feels. Together we through it all. He's there when i'm down.." 
 
 
"......"
 
 
"i'm leaving, sorry if i disappoint you.."
 
 
With that, Tiffany ran as fast as she could. While Yoong, he just came back to his sense. It was stupid of him to say that stuff.
 
 
"Tiffany, wait!!" 
 
 
Yoong sped up his pace, and could finally catch her. She struggled from his grip, but he tighten his grip even more. 
 
 
"look, i'm sorry. I was just out of control, i'm so sorry.." 
 
 
"let me go.."
 
 
"Tiffany, please. Forgive me.."
 
 
"i said, let me go!! You're hurting me.." 
 
 
Yoong released his grip on her hand. It was red, and he felt bad for it. With one last glance, Tiffany took a few steps back, then continued to run. Yoong just stared at her, away and away from him. 
 
 
 
"really stupid, Yoong. First, Jessica then Tiffany. Now, everybody leave you.." he mumbled to himself
 
 
 

 
 
Yul sat down on a bench. He felt so down. He felt empty without her. He remembered the time when he helped her, but ended up almost got hit by a car. That time, she cried heavily, saying that she was afraid. 
 
 
"don't cry.."
 
 
"you idiot! Why did you do that?? What if that car hit you??" 
 
 
"it didn't happen. See, i'm fine.."
 
 
"i'm afraid of losing you! My parents died for protecting me, and i don't want it to happen to you.."
 
 
 
 
He smiled bitterly, and took another gulp of his beer. Why did he let her go? He regretted for being a fool. He should've done something to make her stay. 
 
He screamed in frustration. He threw the bottle beer to the tree and it crashed into pieces. He screamed again, then punched the tree till his knuckles bleeding. 
 
 
"Yul?" 
 
-
 
-
 
 
"Tiffany?"
 
 
Tiffany rushed towards the drunken man, and the latter hugged her immadiately. He cried, and it broke her heart to see him like this. He was really mess. She couldn't forgive herself for this. 
 
 
"Is it really you, Tiff?" 
 
 
"yes it's me.."
 
 
"you're back?"
 
 
"yes.." 
 
 
"i'm really glad you're back.." 
 
 
Yul sobbed hardly and they stayed like that for awhile. Once he could calm down, they went back to his apartment. He was half drunk, half sober. 
 
Yul layed down on the couch, while Tiffany prepared something for him to ease the pain on his head. When she got back, she found him already drifted into sleep. She smiled with the sight. She treated his bleeding hand, and changed his shirt since it was dirty with mud. 
 
 
 
Tiffany found a tattoo on his back, near the shoulders. She never knew that he had a tattoo. "Music can take you back to paths once travelled, memories once lived, and love once felt" written on his back. 
 
Tiffany gasped, how could he know that words? He didn't like music, but why he made a tattoo with that words? That words, her mother said it when she was younger. And she didn't remember saying it to him. 
 
 
"Yul?" 
 
 
Another words written on his back, it called "Love isn't finding someone you can live with. It's finding someone you can't live without". She said it to him few years ago, she remembered it clearly. 
 
 
"Tiffany.." he mumbled in his sleep
 
 
"yes, Yul?"
 
 
"cold.." he shivered 
 
 
Tiffany slapped her forehead mentally, how could she forget to put the new shirt on him, she was too busy looking at his tattoo. She quickly put a shirt on him, and covered him with a blanket. 
 
 
Tiffany lifted his head carefully, she positioned herself on the couch, then rested his head on her lap. He snuggled closer to her stomach, murmuring something that she couldn't understand. 
 
 
 
 
"goodnight, Yul.." she chuckled, and began to caress his head till she, herself finally fell asleep