One.

Sweet Melody Of Love

 

 
 
10 years ago..
 
 
 
"appa, where are we going?"
 
 
7 years old boy asked his father who was busy eating breakfast. He was told that they would go somewhere since it was weekend.
 
 
"you'll know later, we'll have some fun.."
 
 
"really?" the boy's eyes sparkled
 
 
"yes, you'll like it.." 
 
 
"yeeaay!!" 
 
 
The boy jumped into the car in excitement, he went somewhere along with his father and his 9 years old brother. It was the first time his father took him to a place for having fun since he always been ignored by his father. 
 
 
"woaah, amusement park?" the boy said in amazement
 
 
"yeah, let's go.." the father took his hand 
 
 
He was so happy, it was the first time for him to be in the place like this. He always wanted to go to amusement park, but his father never took him there. 
 
 
"hyung, let's try that ride.." the boy said excitedly to his brother
 
 
"okay.." his brother just nodded in response
 
 
Few minutes later, they went back to their father with smile plastered on their face. The father suddenly remembered his wife, the smile on the boy's face reminded him of her. 
 
 
"that was great, appa. Right, hyung?" the boy showed his toothy smile
 
 
"yeah.." his brother nodded vigorously
 
 
 
"uhm, Yul.." the father called hesitantly
 
 
"yes?" 
 
 
"appa will just take your brother to the toilet. You wait here, okay?"
 
 
"owwkaay.." 
 
 
The father took his older son with him. The older son frowned in confusion, he didn't feel like to go to toilet. But he just followed his father without complain.
 
Time passed by, and the boy named Yul began to worry as his father and his brother hadn't come back. But, he was still waiting patiently on a bench.
 
 
 
"appa, hyung, where are you?"
 
 
Yul tried to look for his father and his brother but he couldn't find them. The sky was getting dark, and the sun had switched position with moon. Yul still couldn't find them.
 
He cried, sitting on the ground while hugging his knees. He was alone, his father dumped him. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Yul.."
 
 
"......"
 
 
"Yul, wake up.." 
 
 
"......"
 
 
"Kwon Yul!!" 
 
 
"uh, what?" 
 
 
"Mr.Park nearly caught you sleep in class.." 
 
 
"uggh.." 
 
 
"you should stop your sleeping habit.."
 
 
"what's wrong with sleep?"
 
 
"sleep isn't wrong, Yul. But, it becomes wrong when you do it during lessons.." 
 
 
 
"Miss Hwang, Mr.Kwon, is anything wrong?" too bad, the lecturer caught them arguing
 
 
"uhm, no, Mr.Park.." 
 
 
"then, can you two stop discussing in my class so i can continue this lecture?" 
 
 
"yes, sir.." 
 
 
The lecture continued and Yul leaned his back against his chair, making himself comfortable. Yul secretly stole a glance to the girl beside him. He smiled unconsciously as she puffed her cheeks and pouted her lips. 
 
Yul has a cold attitude, he could careless with people around him. But, the girl beside him, she could win against him. She was different in his eyes. With a loud and cheerful personality, she could get his attention. 
 
They met each other in the first day on their first year in highschool. She used to be his classmate, and had many friends, totally opposite with him. But something happened, creating bond to connect them. 
 
 
 
"Yul, wait!!" she called him who already left her 
 
 
"......"
 
 
"Yul!!" she called again, running towards him
 
 
"......"
 
 
"Yul, can you stop being cold to me?" she asked with puppy eyes
 
 
Yul stopped, looking at her and his heart soften in an instant. He sighed, and rolled his eyes. 
 
 
"what do you want, Tiffany Hwang?" he asked finally
 
 
She smiled immadiately, "i just don't want you to ignore me.." 
 
 
He sighed again, "let's just go home.."
 
 
"okay, but i'm hungry. Can we buy something for me to eat?" 
 
 
"alright.." he nodded
 
 
"yeaay!!" 
 
 
They walked side by side. Tiffany wanted to hold Yul's hand, but Yul put his hands inside his pocket, so she knew that Yul didn't want to walk hand in hand. 
 
 
"Yul.." 
 
 
"hmm?"
 
 
"let's spend our weekend in amusement park.." 
 
 
Yul stopped in his track. Amusement park. The place that he almost forgot for its existence. The place that he promised to himself to never be there anymore. 
 
 
"no.." he answered coldly, and continued to walk
 
 
"why?" 
 
 
"i said no, that means no.." 
 
 
Tiffany pouted, "fine.." 
 
 
Tiffany wondered why Yul never liked if she talked about amusement park. She actually liked that place, it was fun for her to be there. But, why Yul always rejected her offer? 
 
 
 
"Yul.." 
 
 
"what again?" 
 
 
"if you don't want to come with me this weekend, then can i accept Yoong's offer?"
 
 
Yul looked at her with a sharp glance. She gulped, feeling like he was going to kill her. 
 
 
"i-it's okay if i c-can't.." she said, stuttering
 
 
"do whatever you want, i have to work this weekend.." 
 
 
She bit her lips, then followed him like a puppy who get lost. She already used to his behaviour, and she always tried to understand him. 
 
 
"hurry up, what're you thinking?" he scolded 
 
 
"o-okay, wait up.." 
 
 
Suddenly, sound of violin could be heard. They were passing by a music studio. Tiffany stopped for awhile, and stared dreamingly at the girl who played the violin.
 
 
"you really love music, huh?" he asked 
 
 
"yeah.." she nodded
 
 
"what is love actually? How can you love something like music?" 
 
 
"Love is beautiful. It's unexplainable thing.."
 
 
"i don't believe in such things.." he scoffed
 
 
"you don't believe in love?" she asked in disbelief
 
 
"no, i don't have anyone to love them.." 
 
 
"Love isn't finding someone you can live with. It's finding someone you can't live without.." 
 
 
 
For a moment, he felt bad for her. She lost her parents, and he couldn't do anything for it. She always dreamt to be a musician. She really loved music, but something happened causing her to sell her violin.
 
 
"let's go, it's getting late.." he said, and she nodded
 
 
 
"let's buy ice cream, i'm craving for it. You loves ice cream, right? I bet you do want it too.." he added, trying to cheer her up
 
 
 
Something inside him that she couldn't understand. He was a cold person, but warm in the inside. She knew that he wasn't a bad guy, there must be a reason behind his attitude. 
 
 
 
"okay, let's go.." she smiled