Chapter 9

What if

“Chanyeol, wake up.” Baekhyun was shaking the man beside him awake. He was struggling for air and was groaning in pain. “Chanyeol, hey baby, wake up.”

Chanyeol was catching his breath when he jolted awake. He looked around him wondering where he was. His eyes registered a nice room, a nice bed and Baekhyun. Baekhyun.

Chanyeol held out a shaking hand towards Baekhyun who looked at him questioningly. “Are you ok?”

“Is it really you?” Chanyeol cupped Baekhyun’s face and skimmed his hands on Baekhyun’s cheeks, eyes, lips. Is he dreaming? Was this heaven?

“What are you saying?” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow at him. “Chanyeol, baby, you’re scaring me.” Baekhyun took the other’s hands in his and looked into his eyes.

“Baby?” Chanyeol asked, still holding Baekhyun’s face and caressing it.

“Yes? Oomph.” Baekhyun was startled by Chanyeol suddenly hugging the life out of him.

“Baekhyun, oh my god, Baekhyun. I miss you. I love you.”

“I-I miss you too?” Baekhyun replied while caressing his lover’s hair. “Chanyeol, what is happening? We were just together yesterday and the day before.”

“Can’t I miss my baby?” Chanyeol said to Baekhyun’s chest. He rested his ear right above Baekhyun’s heart. Hearing it beat was the best thing that ever happened to him all week.

“Of course you can. I miss you too. A lot. I feel like we have been distant these past few days. I actually thought you were going to break up with me.”

Chanyeol lifted his head up and rested his chin on his boyfriend’s chest.

“Don’t.” Chanyeol said. “Ever say or think that again. I won’t ever leave you. Not in a million years.”

“You don’t know that.” Baekhyun countered.

“But I know how it feels to loose you and never again do I want to feel that pain. So don’t leave me. Not for a handsome tall athlete named Kris. Not for anyone. Promise me!” Chanyeol winced at the name and at the memory. Was it all just a dream then?

“To loose me?” Baekhyun’s forehead creased in question.

“I…I dreamt of you dating some other guy and leaving me for him because I didn’t tell you I love you. It hurt, Baekhyun. It was all my fault but it hurt a lot.”

Baekhyun his back. “Shhh, I would never leave you for anyone. I promise.”

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry for neglecting you these past few days. I was pitying myself because you were too busy with work and don’t have time for me. I was selfish to think that.” Chanyeol tightened his hold on Baekhyun.

“It’s ok. Baby, it’s ok. I’m sorry. I know my job takes a lot of time but it pays well and we need it.”

“I know, I know. You don’t have to be sorry. It’s my fault.”

“I’m glad we’ve talked about this. I was so scared of waking up one day and not see you beside me. I can’t live without you. I won’t live without you. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

 

A few days after, Chanyeol was called for the conference in Busan.

“Hi!” Chanyeol looked at the face of the person greeting him. Kyungsoo.

“Here for the conference?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Yeah, you too?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yeah. I’m Kyungsoo by the way.” Kyungsoo held out his hand.

“Chanyeol.” Chanyeol said as he shook the other’s hand.

“Hi, Chanyeol. Are you staying here in the hotel until Sunday?” Kyungsoo asked.

“No, I’m going home to my boyfriend immediately after the last seminar tomorrow.”

“Oh, I see.”

 

Chanyeol walked away that night feeling better than he ever felt in months. He promised himself that now he was given another chance. He’ll get it right.

Baekhyun spent that Sunday cuddling with Chanyeol until dawn.

 

 

“Have you ever thought what if we didn’t end up together in high school?” Baekhyun asked one night while stargazing with Chanyeol from their balcony. Baekhyun was playing with his boyfriend’s hands while leaning on his chest.

“What if you didn’t ask me out on that particular game night?”

“Baek…” Chanyeol felt chills from the wind.

“Yeah?”

“I don’t.”

“Don’t what?” Baekhyun faced Chanyeol, leaning his chin on the other’s chest.

“Don’t think about it. Because it will never not happen. Because I won’t let anyone else take you.”

“But what if…” Chanyeol pinched Baekhyun’s lips together.

“No, no more what ifs.” Chanyeol leaned down to kiss the lips he was holding. “There’s a lot of things I regret in life but asking you out has never been one of them.”

“Really?”

“Yes, really. And what’s with the questions? A lot of things could have happened but it all worked out this way. I won’t know the future but I know I’ll keep the past, our past. I won’t exchange our time together for anything, anything in this world.”

Baekhyun felt tears cloud his vision. “I never regretted going out with you either. And I…I” Baekhyun stood up and dusted his pajamas before going inside and rummaging in their closet. Going back out when he had found what he was looking for.

“I saw this the other day and thought, it’s time.” Baekhyun knelt down between Chanyeol’s legs. “Park Chanyeol, we’ve been together far longer than anyone ever thought we would last.”

“Baek…”

“And I want to make it last forever.” Baekhyun opened up the red velvet box to reveal two silver rings. “We can’t get married, not here in Korea, but I hope this is binding enough.” He chuckled before taking out the bigger ring. “I promise to love you forever, carry your burdens with you and grow old with you.” Baekhyun slipped the ring on Chanyeol’s right ring finger.

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol took the smaller silver ring out. “I promise to love you forever. To never leave your side, through thick or thin. To hold you when we are old.” Chanyeol slipped the ring on Baekhyun’s right ring finger. He leaned in to kiss Baekhyun and envelop him in a tight embrace.

"Never again will I let you go." 

 


Finally, it's finished. This was one of those impulse stories, which, well, most of my stories actually are. It was a great idea (to me it was), the execution was however a failure. I'm sorry. Restrain me if ever I decide to write a chaptered story again. Please?haha I said this last time OTL

I thank everyone who read, commented, subscribed, I love you...I do, I get excited whenever I get a notification! It's like a birthday present!hehe Even though I took long in updating, not giving enough updates and so on and so on...my list of fail goes on...you stayed with me and I appreciate that very much....veeeery much!

It was a crazy few months and getting crazier but I think I'm gonna find myself someday...someday...I would probably stop writing for now...unless I can't restrain myself. I still have ideas, but I'm trying to stop and try and produce quality stories...I will never be a great writer like those out there because quite frankly I was never meant to be a writer hahaha I know that, but at least I want to be satisfied with what I publish...right? Soooooo yeah goodbye for now...I'll still be reading...cause chanbaek, yey!haha

OH AND IF YOU WANT TO TALK TO ME, BUT WHY WOULD YOU? I'M JOKING, TALK TO MEEEE haha I have a twitter account @nikka14 talk to me there....just to chat about nonsense stuff or fangirl and squeal, whatever really, just tweet me and I'll be there!haha

But why no one wants to be my friend?hahahahaha drama lang...ok I'm getting hungry...good night!!!