Chapter 3

What if

 

“Yeollie!!!” Baekhyun run towards Chanyeol, hugging the tall guy.

“I baked you cookies! I woke up early to bake this for you!” Baekhyun handed him the cookies.

“He-ey Baek! Uhm, thanks!” Chanyeol took the bag of cookies and looked down staring inside as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. He was nervous. Last night, after the championship game, Chanyeol had taken Baekhyun out for dinner.

 

“Thanks for watching the game.” Chanyeol said in between bites of his burger. Chanyeol took Baekhyun to his favorite burger joint down the road from their school after the game. Baekhyun didn’t necessarily love the place for its burgers, he loved the cheesecakes in there instead. Now, looking around at the packed place, the noisy students also out after the game, the music blaring out from the speakers, he thought this was his stupidest ideas as of late. He should have brought Baekhyun to a French restaurant where they play classical music and serve three courses in pea-sized portions.

“If you didn’t beg and promised a free meal and unlimited cheesecake for a whole year, I would have said no.” Baekhyun laughed, that beautiful laugh Chanyeol always have loved. Chanyeol had been in love with Baekhyun since they started high school, heck, he probably loved him since they met when they were eight and Baekhyun smiled up to him, holding out his hand for a handshake. It wouldn’t be a surprise to anybody actually, they had been together since they started high school and was inseparable.

“Good thing my bribing skills work.”

It was meant to be a joke but Baekhyun heard nervousness behind the words.

“Why are you so edgy? So nervous?” Baekhyun looked around, there were a lot of students from their school. He got an idea. “Relax. They’re not going to think their most valuable athlete is gay just because he’s eating out with his best friend.”

Chanyeol looked up. “Huh?”

“Isn’t that why you’re so nervous? We might look like having a date?”

“What? No!” Chanyeol replied indignantly.

“Ok.”

“About that actually…” Chanyeol was back to being nervous again. What if Baekhyun turns him down? He’s gonna loose his heart and his best friend.

“About what?” Baekhyun smiled at him and he felt himself relax, maybe he wouldn’t.

“I…uhm I like you a lot, Baekhyun, more than a lot actually. And I was wondering if you would like to be my boyfriend?” Chanyeol heard a whisper of “finally” from the back of his seat before he looked up to see a stunned Baekhyun with his mouth open.

Baekhyun stayed frozen for a minute. “Uhm…Chanyeol, I…you…uhm…I…”

Chanyeol’s face fell down. “You know what? Forget I said anything, let’s just get you that cheesecake and call it a night.”

“No!” Baekhyun’s voice raised a bit causing some of the students around to look at them.

“I meant no, I…ah…I’ll give my answer tomorrow. Could you wait for it?” Baekhyun said then smiled up at him.

“Yes.” He hoped it was a yes. Hoped to God it was a definite yes.