Chapter 6

What if

“Hey Baek, I got a convention this weekend at Busan. I know you probably forgot so I’m calling to let you know why I’m not gonna be home this weekend.” A toot later the message ended.

“Hi!” A wide-eyed pretty guy came up to Chanyeol who just hung up on the phone, wine glass in hand and sitting in the bar of their hotel alone.

Chanyeol, being the friendly guy he is smiled up at the guy and responded with his own hello.

“Are you here for a convention too?”

“Yeah, I’m guessing you too?” Chanyeol drank his wine and signaled to the bartender for another and one more for his new friend.

“Yeah, I’m Kyungsoo by the way.” The guy, Kyungsoo, held out his hand for Chanyeol to shake. Using his free hand, he shook and took a closer look at the guy. He was, by any standard, very pretty, to the extent that he can say he’s beautiful.

“You ok?” Kyungsoo asked, sounding teasing but still with a smile on his face.

“Uhm what?”

“You haven’t been letting go of my hand. And you were kind of staring.” Kyungsoo chuckled. And realizing that his hand was still clutching the other’s, Chanyeol immediately let go.

“Sorry, it’s just you are very pretty.” Chanyeol said. “Did I tell you my name’s Chanyeol?”

“No, I asked but you didn’t answer.”

“Sorry.”

“Stop saying sorry, it’s ok. Actually it’s more than ok, I think we’ll be good friends before the end of the week.” Kyungsoo said with still the same smile on his face but with a glint in his eyes. Was he flirting with him? Chanyeol thought. Chanyeol only ever dated once in his life so he wasn’t really accustomed to any flirting from anyone else.

“I hope so.”

“So what room are you in?” Kyungsoo asked, with innocent voice but laced with something Chanyeol cannot comprehend.

“Why do you ask? Are you going to rob me?” With that Kyungsoo laughed. Chanyeol realized he liked the sound of the other’s laugh. And with that there was an alarm going off in his head but it was left unnoticed.

“Just wanted to know if we room near each other, and if by the rate you’re going with the alcohol, there was a need to haul you up the room, at least I know.”

“3574.” Chanyeol said and there goes the alarm again.

“Really? That’s across mine. I guess we will be closer then.” Kyungsoo winked and Chanyeol laughed.

They had spent the rest of the night drinking, talking and flirting. Chanyeol was enjoying the attention he was being given by someone good-looking. Baekhyun has been neglecting him in exchange for work. And he knows he should understand but guess his ego doesn’t. Besides, they won’t be seeing each other after this anyway. A little harmless flirting here and there wouldn’t hurt.

The rest of the weekend goes off with the same routine, They both spend the day on the convention, going on the meetings, teaming up for the presentations and participating in the talks but by night they go to the bar and continue their stories.

 

“Chanyeol? Hey how are you? I just came from office. My boss had me work this weekend so * toot * . Ok, I’ll end my message here. Tell me when you’re coming back so I’ll know.”

“Hey babe, got my message earlier? I left some food by the fridge in case you get hungry when you get back. I’m going to work now.”

“I guess maybe the network’s not so good there. So yeah uh just call me when you get home. I love you.”

Baekhyun looked at his phone, it was Sunday night and his boyfriend’s still not home. He assumed the convention might have ended late and Chanyeol was going home the next day. Baekhyun tossed and his bed, he kept holding out his hand to feel if he was there. But he never was. The entire night he wasn’t.

 


this is 669 words and I was already like but I have nothing else to add!hahaha so yeah I realize I write chapters very short...anywaaaay some chansoo for y'all. I just called my writing , anywaaaay do I sound drunk? Cause honestly I'm not haha although I drank like 6 glasses of iced lemon tea...and sang at noraebang! YAY! The songs were 3/4 chinese and 1/4 english...cause I'm the only non mandarin speaking person there...but anyway I tried singing wolf, I , I tried singing dream girl, I . I'll stick to singing english thank you. 

And no, chansoo didn't have . that would be gross. Only chanbaek has . Ok?hehehe