Chapter 7

What if

Chanyeol opened his eyes to a sleeping Baekhyun beside him. And as if on instinct he reached out his hand to touch the sleeping man’s hands and closed his hands on them. He closed his eyes again feeling everything get better.

“Hey! Stop holding my boyfriend’s hands or I’ll punch you again!” Kris spitted out.

“Stop that. He’s still my best friend.” Baekhyun awoke and was rubbing his eyes. He slipped his hand away from Chanyeol and turned to Kris. “Can you…can you leave us alone for a moment? I’d like to talk to him alone. Please?”

“Alright. But if he makes a move on you again he’s dead.” Kris threatened.

“He won’t.” Baekhyun promised.

Chanyeol felt Baekhyun move beside him, sitting upright and placing his hands on his lap. He kept his eyes closed, maybe if he continue sleeping this nightmare would end. Maybe if he closed his eyes he’ll disappear. Maybe…

“Chanyeol,” Baekhyun started. “Why?”

Chanyeol finally opened his eyes. Maybe it’s time he lets go and disappear for good.

“Because I…I love you.” Baekhyun closed his eyes as if pained over the words. Chanyeol saw tears slip from the sides. He reached out his hands again to take Baekhyun’s but the other hastily let go.

“Chanyeol, please. Don’t do this.” Baekhyun opened his watery eyes to stare straight into Chanyeol’s. “I told you, I told I loved you but you said you didn’t. I moved on. I did. I tried. It was hard but you said there would never be us. That I’m your friend, best friend but there would never be an us. And I believed for a while that there could be, a glimmer of hope that maybe I could change your mind. But then Kyungsoo came and I knew. I knew you would never be mine. Now that I’ve moved on…why? Why are saying this now? I love him, Yeol. I love him, not as much as I had loved you but I do. So stop this. Stop this and forget about it.” Baekhyun stood up from his seat. “I thought about this for a while and I think, I think we should end here. I can’t be your friend anymore. I…I just…Just goodbye.” Baekhyun leaned down to press a kiss on his forehead before he left and the sound of the door closing echoed into the room, echoed into Chanyeol’s heart.

Chanyeol didn’t know that tears were running down his face. His vision got blurry and the hurt from the bruise on his face was nothing compared to the hurt he felt in his heart. He gripped the sheets under him. He shouted but no sound came out, he pressed his face into bed and cried. He didn’t care if anybody heard, he lost his love, he lost his friend and it was all his fault. He cried until there were no more tears. Why did he have to meet Kyungsoo? Why didn’t he think that everything has a price? Every night he spent out, every night he spent with Kyungsoo, every night he spent away from Baekhyun. This, this was the price. And he had paid it in full. With his heart, his life. 

 


 

I'm sorry I couldn't help it. I needed to post this. Because pain. 

I swear I'm going to edit this next weekend. Ok no promises I might break it...but soon man, soon. 

It's almost finisheeeeed oh my god! I mean I haven't written the rest but it's almost finished. If that even makes sense.

 

Guys, please please comment. Please?Pretty please?

 

I forgot, it's a double update, wohow! and so yeah read both 6 & 7.