Fantasy #2

My Love, My Reason, Woo Sunghyun

CHAPTER 2 One of those short mornings

 

 

            It’s not everyday I get to have breakfast with Kevin. He’s usually gone after I wake up in the morning to his practice with U-Kiss so I’m very excited to have the rare chances to spend my mornings with him. As I got out of bed, wash my face, brush my teeth and changed into a freshly washed set of clothes, I hurried down to the dining room, heading to kitchen to only notice the breakfast was already laid on the dining table for us.

 

            I examined our breakfast that morning. It was toast with scramble eggs and baked beans along with hot chocolate for two. My mouth parted slightly. “Did you prepare all of this while I was still snoozing? What does that make me?” I said rather sadly.

 

            Kevin sat down in his chair at the table, pulling one out beside him, “Come here, sit.”

 

            I obeyed without a word, still unhappy. “Mianhe.”

 

            Kevin poked one of my cheeks making me pout instead. “I’m still unhappy. I should be your wife and I should have treated you better Sunghyunnie.”

 

            “Stop pouting and eat. I didn’t make your favourite breakfast for nothing,” he said as he grabbed a spoon and fork for both of us and placed it into my plate.

 

            I bit my lip for Kevin was too kind. He knew what I like and I knew how much effort he put into preparing this breakfast for us and I failed. He always know I love having an English breakfast in the morning no matter what although Kevin might want to make something else but it was one of those rare mornings I get to spend with him. I guess… he enjoys the time right now like I was so I smiled. “Gomawo yo oppa.”

 

            “That’s my baby. So when’s your first class today?” he asked.

 

            Oh! That’s right. I’m still attending university for another year while only Kevin is working as a Kpop Idol. We live together in our own house in Seoul. “Um… 8.30? What time do you have practice oppa?”

 

            “Not until this afternoon. I still have a lot of free time and I wish to spend it with you. Can’t you skip your morning class today?” he asked cutely.

 

            I hit him teasingly. “Yah!” Although I think that wasn’t a bad idea. “You know I can’t do that. The lecturer will kill me.” I don’t know why but my eyes wandered to look at the wall clock and I saw that I was already late. “Omo! I’m late.” I scrambled around, picking up my empty plate and his to wash them. I ran around the house seeing what else I have to clean up like the table, the… yea… only the table… Then…

 

            Kevin grabbed both of my shoulders to bring me to a halt. “Calm down jagiya~ You’re not going to be late. Let me send you off to university, alright?” he said showing his car keys.

 

            “Oh…” I totally forgot Kevin who has a car is available because usually I would take my bicycle to university but today was one of those mornings; he’s here with me. I smiled at the thought. He’s really a life saviour.

 

            We both quickly exited the house; me with my bag of books as he started the car. I climbed into the car and we both were on our way to my university. I wondered when was the last time I rode the car with him? To be honest, how we live our lives didn’t let us to spend a lot of time together so there were times I miss him a lot.

 

            “Jagi… How’s your studies? Are your lecturers nice? Do you have any friends there?”

 

            I don’t mean to but he would really sound like my father right now. I tried stifling in my laugh but I couldn’t help myself.

 

            “Oh! Wae? Wae? Wae? Why are you laughing? Yah~” Kevin used his free hand to slap my thigh and I stopped.

 

            “No. It’s just you sound like my father just now.”

 

            “Oh! Wae? I can’t ask about your uni life now?”

 

            “No, it’s not wrong at all. OK. I’m doing just fine. Lectures are boring sometimes and the lecturers can be strict but I have a couple of friends I hang out with. So everything is OK.”

 

            There. I answered all three of his questions but he left me waiting in a long pause of silence. I saw him hiding his mouth for a moment and it was back onto the steering wheel. “I envy you…”

 

            “Eh! Why oppa?”

 

            “You know… I never get to experience college yet and I don’t have any friends of my own so… I envy you jagi…”

 

            Did I say something wrong? The words he uttered was had a bit sense of guilt and sadness and I feel guilty in return. Maybe I shouldn’t put it in such a way to make him feel so melancholy. “You should go to college one day oppa. If you do, I promise to be your friend; your best friend in fact! I’ll show you around campus, introduce you to all the cool hangout places and during exam weeks, we can cramp in the library for hours!”

 

            Kevin’s eyes lit up and smiled which I take he likes the idea. “Gomawo jagiya… You’re the nicest person I ever met. I’d love to and I’m looking forward to that day.”

 

            I think I was slowly getting into his smile until I realized where we were – in front of my faculty on campus. I snapped out of it to only hurry out of the car, again thanking him over and over again.

 

            “Jagi! You forgot something,” he said so I peeked into the car to see what I left behind.

 

            Kevin then leaned in towards me for another kiss. This time was on my cheek leaving me stunned and blush. I was really burning up for I cannot take anymore of him and his kindness.

 

            “Don’t be late for class now,” he said with a wink of his eye and drove off.

 

            “Pabo… Sunghyunnie oppa…” I was already late for I was still trapped in his trance, standing still, never moving from where I was for a long time.