Fantasy #6

My Love, My Reason, Woo Sunghyun

CHAPTER 6 Welcome Home Sunghyun Oppa

 

 

            It was the last of my exams and I was so glad it was over I stretched my hands into the air. Suddenly, I earned a big back hug by Hana followed by some of our friends behind her.

 

            “Let’s celebrate this freedom today!” she invited me enthusiastically.

 

            “I’m sorry Hana,” I said getting up from my chair. “I think I should go home now. I haven’t been able to get enough sleep for the past few days. I like a good rest,” I explained to Hana and the latter understood. They all left me alone to get my bag to return home.

 

            Today was the day Kevin was coming back. I was feeling very enthusiastic about it when he sent a message to me earlier so I woke up earlier to prep a special dinner for us tonight. There’s a lot of catching up to do and I need to get my focus back to make haste to make the best dinner for him. I’m pretty bad at cooking so I know how slow I am when it comes to it.

 

            However as I got back, I could already smell the freshly baked roasted chicken and I hear chopping sounds of the knife to the cutting board. I walked awkwardly into the house to see another human figure in the kitchen. When he heard I was coming in, he instantly looks up to me and smiled. “Welcome home jagiya~”

 

            “Op –oppa!!!” I ran over to him and jumped into his arms for a hug; crying. “You’re home. Welcome home!!” I said hugging him tightly.

 

            “Yes, I’m home,” he said inhaling a deep breath in. “It’s so good to be home.”

 

            “It’s so good to have you home but I’m supposed to be the one to surprise you, not the other way oppa. You always make me look bad,” I said pouting.

 

            He pinched my cheek to make me go ‘ack!’ while his cute lips copied mine earlier. “Aigoo! My baby… You’re so cute. I swear, the next time I’m going overseas, I’m taking you with me.”

 

            I slid out of his embrace smiling at his suggestion. “I would love that,” and he smiled back, rubbing my head. “Let’s get back to cooking.” I didn’t fail to notice that on the other kitchen counters were several boxes I wasn’t familiar of and asked Kevin what they were.

 

            “Sushi! I brought them back so that we can share them. They’re delicious!”

 

            “Let me guess… They’re delicious because they are your favourite.”

 

            He laughed, “Hahaha! Yea… Aigoo… You smart little thing. How were your exams?”

 

            “So-so… I don’t have anymore papers after this and I have a lot of free time now!”

 

            “Great!” he said. We both were too caught up cooking dinner that Kevin suddenly remembers about something. “Jagi…” I stopped and look at him. “I have something special for you.”

 

            “What’s that?” I asked curiously.

 

            “Tonight, after dinner.”

 

            I puffed up my cheeks at the answer. If he wanted to show me something, why delay and leave me curious for the rest of the evening. Kevin can be such a tease and I can be very impatient.

 

            That night when we both had a very scrumptious dinner, he was so thankful for the choice of food I prepared for him for he kept complaining how everyday the only thing he had been eating was ramen and other soup based menus. When I asked why, the answer was because it’s Japan! I can’t help but to laugh. At that moment, Kevin took my hand which I slowly calmed down and saw the calm look on his face.

 

            He took something under the dining table a rectangular, medium sized box and pushed it towards me. It was big and I wondered what it was. “I bought you a gift for you from Japan. When I saw it, I instantly thought of getting it for you.”

 

            Out of my overwhelming curiosity, I took the box and opened it to reveal a woollen-woven kimono! I was astound to see how Kevin managed to get one since they are so expensive. “How did you managed to get this?”

 

            He didn’t answer. He was too happy to see me surprised.

 

            “It’s beautiful oppa… Can I really?” I held the kimono close to me. I really admired it. The fabric was so comfortable and felt smooth against my skin. The dark red colour of the wool, made the small details of every pattern stand out. It was just my size when I stood up to check its length; it was perfect! Kevin nodded to me. “It’s beautiful,” I gasped. “I couldn’t.”

 

            Kevin then also stood up, took me into his arms and hugged me with the kimono in between. “I want you to have it. It’ll look beautiful on you, trust me. You have no idea how hard I had to get it.”

 

            I was touched, “Thank you. I’ll treasure it.”

 

            “So, do you want to try it on?” he asked. I nodded in delight. “Let’s go!”

 

            “If I’m putting this on, why must you come along?”

 

            “Because I know how to put on a kimono better than you do. Kaja!” he said ushering me to the bedroom to try it on. All I can say afterwards that it was simply perfect.

 

 

The next morning…

 

            “WOO SUNGHYUN!!!!” I shouted for the whole neighbourhood to hear. “Where did you get the kimono again!?”

 

            Kevin was crouching silently in a corner hiding in one of the rooms from me finding him. As he feared, I found out about one of his activities in Japan and it was one of those embarrassing moments on variety where he had to take a punishment for failing a mission and he had to wear a kimono. He got the kimono he gave you from the same owner of that kimono but…

 

            “I found you! Now… explain!” I said showing him the article I printed out from a fan forum.

 

            He bit his lip. He knew this would happen. Fans love to exaggerate how cute and beautiful Kevin was in female clothing but knowing that Kevin most likely got the kimono he said was perfect for me than anything in the World for something, I don’t know – FREE?! Was that acceptable?

 

            “You got it wrong jagiya~ I really got into a lot of trouble getting that kimono for you. I purposely lose to the other UKISS members so I can coax the owner to give one for me for a lower price. I spent all my allowance too and ate ramen the rest of the trip. You remember me saying so right?”

 

            I huffed the air out of my mouth irritated by his childish behaviour. Even if this cute little boy drives me nuts, he’s still getting it from me.

 

            “Baby… What’s with that stare?” he asked trembling at my temper. When I leaned it he flinched to avoid the worse but I only cupped his face and kissed him leaving him dumbfounded.

 

            As the kiss parted, my eyes changed for him while he still had a very shocked look aftermath. He should know I couldn’t help to adore him and never get mad at him for too long. Oh! My cute Sunghyunnie oppa~