Fantasy #7

My Love, My Reason, Woo Sunghyun

CHAPER 7 What’s Wrong?

 

 

            It was just another day and I was home thinking of some plans for myself to do during my free time. I was thinking of getting a part time job while I was on this semester break to earn myself some money or maybe I could stay home and take care of Kevin, which he liked me too but he’s hardly home! So the only option which dominated my mind was to get myself a part time job which I haven’t decided where. Newspapers were all over the table and sofas; I was biting the red marker nervously looking at all the red circles and crosses I made on the job section of the newspaper.

 

            I mind went blank and my body went stiff until mischievous Kevin hopped in front of me and propped his body against the sofa I was sitting at and his head nested onto my lap looking at my spaced look. He just sat there… looking at me smiling like an idiot. “Jagiya… Jagi!”

 

            I flinched when he called and took in a deep breath as if I haven’t breathed in a long time. “Oh… Sunghyun oppa… wae? Oh god!” My head then registered everything again. I noticed how everything was a mess –I had my third cup of coffee; all three cups are still unwashed. As I wanted to get up, he then locked me onto my seat starring right me; shaking his finger disapprovingly.

 

            “You looked stressed. Is there anything that I can help you with?” he asked.

 

            I only remained silent for I thought he helped me enough since he came back from Japan and he had more time to attend to my needs around the house. There wasn’t one time I got to return the favour but he still starred at my blank face like an angel when I only can sigh.

 

             Kevin got up, took the three empty cups and took them to the sink and washed them. My eyes followed him, whatever he was doing. He turned around to look at me as he finished washing the cups, “Do you want another cup of coffee?”

 

             “No, thanks. I have enough,” I said as I got up and clean the tables with the newspapers articles.

 

              Kevin went over to me, worried. “Are you OK, jagi? What’s wrong?”

 

             “Nothing… I’m just tired.”

 

             He looked tensed when I wasn’t explaining what seemed completely wrong with me but… “Really, there’s nothing wrong,” I said. Honestly, I was tired and was ready to go to sleep so I headed towards the bedroom only to be backed hugged by him, stopping me. His hand rubbed my head soothingly as if it tried to calm me.

 

            “Please tell me what’s wrong? I really want to help you. If it’s about find a job, I can…”

 

            He got cut off when I finally snapped, “Look! I’m tired and I really just wanted to sleep!”

 

           Surprised, Kevin let go of me without a word and I stomped away to the second floor to our bedroom. As I had my hand on the doorknob of our bedroom, I finally realized how I snapped at him making me feel really sad and guilty. “What the heck is wrong with me?” I grunted, with my forehead against the door. I stayed there for a while and slumped down to the ground and sat there, hugging my knees. I felt something rushing; a sharp pain inside of my stomach. Was it something I ate but it was also something else… something… damp?

 

             When it came to my realization, Kevin saw me and rushed towards me, “Jagi! Are you alright?” he asked as he took my hand in his when he saw my pained face. I really held his hand tightly.

 

             “Yes… and no…” I said but he looked confused. I got up, “I need to go to he toilet,” so I did.

 

              After a few private moments, I came out from the toilet and Kevin looked at me with a very concerned look. “So, what’s wrong?” he asked again.

 

              “I…” I stuttered, blushing. “I… I’m having my period.”

 

              Surprised? Shocked? His mouth formed an ‘o’ shape as a reaction… I can only say he’s speechless… but so was I. “I see…” he said simply. “Well… I didn’t expect that.”

 

               “So did I…” I replied awkwardly turning the air between us awkwardly too. “I guess, I’m sorry.”

 

             “Aww… baby… It’s OK. I understand,” he said as he took me into his arms and caressed me lovingly. “Don’t ever worry me like that again.”

 

             I could only smile against his firm chest, knowing he already forgiven me. “I won't. I promise.”