Fantasy #8

My Love, My Reason, Woo Sunghyun

CHAPTER 8 Which Do You Like More?

 

 

            “OMG!” I screamed across the room. “Infinite’s new song is totally daebak!” I fangirled like I’m the happiest girl alive. I was watching Music Bank when Infinite was performing their comeback stage. Among the Kpop bands I like, I also liked quite a few bands and follow several more; Infinite being one of them since their popularity rose a lot recently.

 

            Kevin came downstairs and looked at me disbelief when he saw me smiling like an idiot at the TV screen, fangirling over the boys. He was the least bit amused at the moment. “Do you like them that much?” he asked.

 

            I totally ignored him because Infinite was being so awesomely attractive on stage. “OMG! Woohyun oppa! Gyunim!! Their voices are like heaven!”

 

            Kevin only sighed as he plopped down beside on the sofa wiping his face in disbelief when I totally ignored him for Infinite. I can’t help to admire an awesome band like Infinite for the world. When the song ended, I clapped ever so happily as another group went to perform. I redirected my attention back to my husband, “You were saying?”

 

            Kevin looked at me, still feel amused at my previous behaviour, “Do you like them that much?”

 

            “Infinite? Yes, I do. Why not?”

 

            “Hmm… Tell me why.”

 

            “They sing well, dance well, and they’re very funny on variety. What’s not to love? They’re even famous for their scorpion dance and best for synchronization on stage.”

 

            I saw Kevin only focusing his eyes on his fondling thumbs when I finished answering his question. I can sense he was feeling anxious but I can’t understand why. He remained silent for while and looked at the TV screen again which still showed Music Bank.

 

            Again he asked, “Do you like Infinite, THAT MUCH?”

 

            Again, “Why not?” I asked half screaming. He already raised his voice, so why shouldn’t I?

 

            “Which do you like more? Infinite or U-Kiss?”

 

            “What?” OK, I see where’s this going. He’s comparing U-Kiss and Infinite and wants to know what I think.

 

            “You said you liked Infinite but you also like U-Kiss. Which do you like more?”

 

            I bit my lip being asked the question. I absolutely can’t say for certain for my answer will be totally biased if I had to pick U-Kiss so baselessly because Kevin’s in it.

 

            “Well?”

 

            “Can’t I choose both?”

 

            “No.”

 

            “Don’t I have a say why I like U-Kiss too?”

 

            “Go on…”

 

            “U-Kiss can sing well, dance well and are very friendly with all their fans. They are very well-known for their Gangnam dance in Man Man Ha Ni and they’re well-known all around the world!”

 

            “That description is almost the same as Infinite.”

 

            Well almost. “Because they are both equally talented and amazing in my eyes. Sunghyun oppa, I love you and your band. If there’s any other band that stands out more than another, it just means how much they grown in talents, that’s all and I’m very proud of you as well when you perform as a member of U-Kiss,” I said snuggling up to him.

 

            “But tell me, which one is better. Woohyun’s voice, or mine?” he asked still feeling rather jealous.

 

            Rather than delaying the answer being of irritated, I was delaying because I was feeling embarrassed for the answer. I hid my face in his chest. “Yours…” I mumbled.

 

            “What was that?” he asked; as he couldn’t hear clearly.

 

            “Yours!” I said loudly.

 

            “Come again?”

 

            “Yours! Yours! Yours! I love yours the most, Woo Sunghyun!”

 

            Kevin smiled in triumph when I finally chose him over Infinite. At least that’s what he thinks. I was still closely snuggled against him, never wanting to show my face. He hand one of his hands patted my back and then parted me away from him to properly look at me. He pecked me on the lips which made me blushed furiously. “Gomawo yo…”

 

            I only smiled when he brought me closer to hug me again and I hugged him back. I was pretty sure, Kevin was being a little jealous, probably more. Maybe it’s because U-Kiss was preparing a new song for us? I don’t blame the poor man being a little insecure when his own wife loves another band besides his own.

 

            “So… Why do you like Infinite so much?”

 

            “Not that question again, oppa!”

 

            “I’m just curious!”

 

            “No! You’re just jealous.”

 

            “Me? Jealous? You got it all wrong jagi… Is that what you think?”

 

            “I think you wanted me to say U-Kiss is the most amazing band out there and I can’t give a bias opinion.”

 

            “Well, don’t be biased then. You can say Woohyun is better than me anytime!”

 

            “That’s the only unbiased answer I’ll ever give.”

 

            Kevin then remained silent and so did I. Again, did I say something wrong?

 

            “Did I hear correctly? Did you really mean that?”

 

            “Um… Yea…?”

 

             Kevin smiled wider than before and brought be closer to another kiss. Surprised, I guess that was all that he ever wanted to hear. I guess I was being a foolish fan but more than that, I was his wife for a reason.

 

            “You know I love you for a reason right, oppa?” I said as I pulled away from him.

 

            “I think you should remind me more often. Don’t let other bands distract you,” he said, again kissing me.

 

            “I don’t think that’s possible,” I smiled.