chapter seven; *REVISED*

TOP Daddy

“Tell me exactly why we're going to court.”


It felt as if I was being sued or something! The whole situation's giving me uncomfortable chills. I swear, butterflies were dividing quickly in my stomach during the whole car ride.
“To get your deed.” Seung Hyun answered just as he stopped in front of a stop light. “The official one.”

Great. Boring crap.


“Hmm... Ririn, can I ask you something?” Seung Hyun questioned – which was probably the most stupidest question in the whole planet, seeing as he ALREADY is asking me something.
“You're already asking. What's up?” I replied, watching the traffic light turn amber, then green.
“Have you... Have you ever had any... health issues?” He asked, out of the blue.

What?

“Excuse me?”

Health issues?

“I mean, fainted or vomited randomly?”

Definitely not the question I was expecting. I thought he was going to ask if I was hungry or something.

“Vomited blood. Or bruised easily?” He continued with the strange questions.

Blood... ew. I AIN'T NO EDWARD CULLEN!

“Not that I could remember... No.”
“... OK.”

HE'S HIDING SOMETHING! I CAN FEEL IT!, I said to myself silently.
Wait, is that even possible?

We arrived at the court building, and the boring part begins...
Seriously...
We weren't even inside yet and I was already bored! Hmm... Must be the whole atmosphere of the area. Even the people who worked there looked so boring.

Before I knew it, Seung Hyun already got out the car and opened the passenger door. Gosh, That was fast... “Let's go, Ririn.”
I jumped out of the vehicle and Seung Hyun closed the door. He pressed the little black button on his car keys which made the car beep a little and lock. We walked up the (extremely!) long steps and entered the huge building. I couldn't focus on where I was going, which, from time to time, caused me to bump into Seung Hyun or some of the adults around in smart office-like clothing. Finally, we reached the court room.

.

..

...

....

.....

(The first two minutes we're completely and utterly BORING...)

Seung Hyun said a few words to the judge... blah blah blah... and how he was taking good care of me, and finally, he got the deed.

 

'LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!'
I swear I just heard angels sing.

I couldn't help but pull Seung Hyun out of the room quickly, before saying a small thank you to the judge person. The boring part finally ended for me – what a relief!
“What's so special about that deed anyway? I thought Ms. Kang already gave it to you?” I began, once we walked out of the building.
“I already told you, this is the official one.” He replied, then shoved his hand inside his pockets and pulled out his car keys.
“Is it really that important?”
“Well, yeah. Since you're now officially 'daughter'.”

Eugh. For a short moment then, I forgot he was my father.

I walked up to the passenger side of the vehicle and opened the door MYSELF; goodness, that must've been the first time I ever touched the door handle!

“Hehe, daughter. I wonder what my future children will say, when I tell them their 'grandpa' was only four years older than me. Heh, that will be classic!”

Seung Hyun opened his door and seemed to quieten a little. He stood their like a silent rock, as if he was frozen. “Hey, Seung Hyun?” I asked. “Hello~? Are you OK?”
He glanced at me and instantly smiled. “Sorry, I was thinking of something then.” He apologized and stepped in the vehicle. I looked around the area before I too got inside the car. Seung Hyun turned the radio and some smooth jazzy tunes blared from the speakers. “Hmm... You wanna go somewhere?” He questioned, out of the blue. 
“Sure, why not?” I replied with a grin. “Where?”
“You pick.”
“Why me?”
“Because I said so.” He stated. “Besides, you must've been pretty bored in there.”
“It's like you read my mind!”
“Yeah, I'm pretty amazing.”

He sure was... An amazing 'dad' I mean.
But I hated the fact that he was spoiling me with things.

“So,” He spoke once he started the engine. “Where?”
“Home.” I simply responded.
“Home?”
“Yes, home.”
“Well... OK.”

.

..

...

....

.....