chapter four; *REVISED*

TOP Daddy

I quickly grabbed the remote from one of the beds and turned the sickening images from the TV off. was on... Yet no one was in the room.
“Eugh... Boys and their ... How sickening.” I mumbled to myself, rolling my eyes.
I examined every corner of the tidy room (I never thought I'd see the day – a boy's room so... organized!), and my eyes stopped wandering when it noticed a large lilac envelope with my the words 'CHOI RIRIN' in big capital letters written on it with black marker, stuck on the wall with tape by the TV.

How come I didn't notice this?
Hmm... Probably because I was too distracted by the .


...Oh, crap. I didn't mean it that way!

I walked up to the wall and removed carefully the envelope. I examined it for a few seconds before opening it.

'Go to Daesung. P.S. He's in the elevator; far left.' it read.

 

Demanding much?

Nevertheless, I walked out of the room, took the spare key by the coffee table and made my way outside. I walked up to the furthest elevator to the left and pressed the button, and to my surprise, Daesung was in there.

Talk about good timing.

 

"Oh, hey Daesung!" I greeted him, acting as if I never read the note.

He had his hands behind him and had the biggest smile. “Hey Ririn, let's have coffee. My treat!”
“Hmm... OK,” I replied, then walked inside the elevator.

We made our way to the furthest coffee shop, which was 'The Coffee Bean' – even though after all the countless time I moaned about 'why we didn't go to Starbucks instead as it was the closest coffee shop'.
We entered the coffee shop, hearing the usual 'ding!' sound when opening the door. He ordered me to sit down somewhere, while he would go get us some 'Caramel Macchiatos' (YUM!)
I sat down by the warmest corner of the restaurant and watched Daesung as he ordered the beverages. He whispered something to the guy by the counter then gone... AWOL???


“Daesung!” I called out. “Hey! Where are you going?”
He walked out of the door, ignoring me then walked away until he was nowhere to be seen.

What?! He takes me to a coffee shop that is literally thirty blocks away from the apartment, BY FOOT, says he was going to treat me but he goes off without notice?!

The guy by the counter made his way to my table with a fresh mug of Caramel Macchiato. I noticed, stuck on the mug, was a little orange sticky note. He set the cup down the table and smiled, then walked back to the counter, though not before saying a “Happy Birthday”.
“Um, Thank you,” I replied with a grin.

Who knew a random stranger would be the first one to greet me a happy birthday, instead of my adoptive father or his close friends?
I pulled the little sticky note from the cup and quietly read it out loud. “Don't follow Daesung. Count to eighteen backwards with your eyes closed then open your eyes.”

I blinked.

Uh... OK.

I followed what the note told me; closing my eyes and counted to eighteen backwards.

“Eighteen. Seventeen. Sixteen. Fifteen. Fourteen. Thirteen. Twelve. Eleven–”
No words could describe how awkward that felt.
“Ten. Nine. Eight. Seven. Six. Five. Four. Three. Two. One.” 
I opened my eyes, and next to my macchiato was a cute little panda plush holding a pink note.
What was up with all these random coloured notes?
I took the note from the plush, which read:

'Go outside and look to your left.'

I followed what the note said, of course not after finishing my beverage. I walked outside and looked to my left.

“BOO!”

 
“AH!!!”


Ji Yong's face was inches away from mine when I spun my head to the left, and he had, for some unknown reason, a 'Scream' mask on.

How did I know it was Ji Yong? Because I recognized that swag of his straight away. (Ugh, I hate the word 'swag')

 

THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! – my heart thumped as fast as the speed lightning.
I swear I almost died.
“YOU GIANT MARHSMALLOW LOVING GHOST WANNABE!! YOU ALMOST KILLED ME FROM A HEART ATTACK!!”

Ji Yong chuckled as he pulled the mask off. “Haha, sorry 'bout that baby girl.”
“Mind explaining to me what's going on?” I questioned in a slightly terrified voice. “I'm kinda confused with the whole note thing. And– HEY! 'Ride you like a pony?!' What was up with the ?!”
“Can't say,” Ji Yong chuckled. “Though, you should know, that video is our favourite out of Seungri's coll–”
“Don't wanna know!” I stopped him from continuing his predictable sentence.
“Only joking. Come on,” He replied, holding unto my hand and dragging me somewhere.
“Where are we going?” I asked. “Please don't be like Daesung who says he'll treat me for a drink then just leaves me behind.”
“Haha, don't worry, I won't. We're going to Lotte World!” He exclaimed. “Wait, what time is it?”
“About half eleven I guess.”
“Ah... Let's go!” He beamed like a child.

We ran to the plays called Lotte World – thank goodness it was only ten minutes away from the coffee shop! – which was the huge beautiful amusement park and made our way inside with Ji Yong paying for our tickets.
“WELCOME TO LOTTE WORLD! WE'LL MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE! REACH FOR THE STARS AND LET THE SUN COME SHINING THROUGH~!” Ji Yong chorused along with the catchy theme song loudly after putting his mask on, causing many adults to stare at us and children giggling.
“Please don't embarrass me,” I muttered to Ji Yong, who was now skipping and dancing along with the music.
“Let's go on some rides!” He exclaimed and ecstatically dragged me to the biggest roller coaster ride line.

.
..

….
…..
….

..
.

“AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~! JI YONG!!! I WANNA GO DOWN!!!”
“NAH! THIS IS AMAZING! WOO!!!”
“I'M SCARED OF ROLLER COASTERS!!”
“WHAT?!”
“I SAID I'M SCARED OF–!!! AHHH~!!!

That was the first AND last time I will ever ride a roller coaster.

 

For two hours, we managed to get on all of the rides, and finally, we sat down on one of the nearby benches for a little rest.

“Oh!” Ji Yong's face brightened as he pulled something out of his pocket. “I forgot to give this to you.” He handed me a folded piece of blue paper and stood up from the bench. “Later, Ririn!”
“Wait! Ji Yong!”
But he couldn't hear me because he was too far away. I frowned at the blue paper and opened it, reading what was inside it. Surprisingly, it was no note but a drawn picture.

A doodle of a funny looking man in a panda suit was drawn next to the YG building with picture of a girl, drawn a few centimetres away from the man and the building. Between the girl and the building was a large arrow with the words 'THIS WAY' in the centre. Underneath the picture was a little note saying: '(meet Seungri outside the YG building)'.

 

Hmm...

I quickly ran out of the amusement park, called for a cab and made my way the building. Once I got there, I jumped off of the cab and paid for the fare.

“RIRIN!”

There he was... Seungri dressed in a panda suit with a number of black and white balloons in hand.
“Seungri?” I eyed him curiously. “Whattup with the panda suit. New trend? Haha~”
The panda-boy grinned and pulled me inside the building. “Let's go!”
“Where?” I asked.
“Uh, to the bulding.” Seungri replied sarcastically.

 

>_<'

Duh.

We made our way to the fourth floor and stopped in front of a navy blue double-door.
“Uh...” I mumbled dumbfounded. “Care to explain why were stood here facing a blue door?”

“Ririn...” Seungri slowly opened the door, which led to a dark room.
He reached for the light switch and repeated my name again. “Ririn...”
“Seungri? Why is it so dark?

Click.
 

.
..

….
…..

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!”