chapter seventeen; *REVISED*

TOP Daddy

 

DAMMIT. DAMMIT. DAMMIT. DAMMIT. DAMMIT. DAMMIT. DAMM

 

“What the—?! Seung Hyun, are you okay? You seem a little... distracted.”

“I'm fine.”

“Are you sure? You're... quivering like a freezing duck.”

“I said I'm fine!”

 

DAMMIT. I didn't mean to snap at her. But no one disturbs T.O.P when the man is thinking.

 

Ririn backed away a little, holding her palms up in front of her. “OK... Gee Mr. Snappy, looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.”

“I didn't even sleep.” I said.

“That figures,” She replied simply. “Dude, you need to rest! You have this whole Big Bang album thing going on. Dr. Phil clearly stated that lack of sleep may shorten one's life span.”

I blinked once. Then twice. “...You watch Dr. Phil?”

“Well, watching TV is the only thing I can do in this house, since most of the time I'm in school and you're always off somewhere!” Ririn sighed deeply and pulled a face. “And, it's actually pretty interesting...”

 

Uh... No she made me feel guilty. Yes, I admit, I haven't been spending time with her, but I've been doing... stuff. Stuff she doesn't need to know. But, what the heck! That's all going to change now! Starting today.

“Hey, you wanna go somewhere?” I asked her.

She responded with a confused look. “Serious?”

“Why wouldn't I be.” I said with a nod. “Is it wrong for me to take my adopted daughter out?”

“Hmm... I guess not.” She mumbled.

 

“GOOD MORNING STARSHINE! THE G-D SAYS HELLO!”

.

..

...

 

The sounds of dogs barking and Ji Yong screaming filled the whole room. Or even the building.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!”

Ji Yong sprinted down the steps and ran to the kitchen, where the three dogs, Gaho, Boss and Charlie were chasing after him. Hmm... Must be because he ruined their 'doggy beauty sleep'.

OMG!!! These dogs are violent!!!” Ji Yong yelped, jumping up on the island counters. “Gaho, stop!”

The said pup stopped, just like that.

But the other dogs didn't...

Seung Hyun!!! Tell Charlie to stop!”

 

I glanced down at Ririn with an amused look, then at Ji Yong. Ririn rolled her eyes playfully, walked over to the dogs and picked Gaho up.

Man, you are one heavy dog.” Ririn mumbled, the top of his head.

Not Gaho!” Ji Yong exclaimed. “Boss and Charlie!”

Ririn held up one of Gaho's front legs and waved it. “Say buh-bye to your daddy, Gaho. Bye, bye!”

 

WHAT?!”

The dogs continued to bark at Ji Yong, this time attempting to climb the counter.

Ririn walked back to the living room and gently put Gaho on the sofa. She then made her way back to the kitchen, and the dogs instantly stopped barking when she called, “Freeze!”

 

 

WHA?

Hmm... How does she do it?

 

She walked back to the living room (again), this time with Boss and Gaho following. It amazes me how she's only been here for a week and dogs already like her. See! I knew she had some sort of likeable aura going on!

 

Oh yeah! The power of Rin-rin!” Ririn did some macho pose with a cheesy grin. “Aren't I amazing?” She joked.

Ji Yong trailed behind with a pout. “Hey! How come they listened to you just like that?” He complained, snapping a finger. “It took me a few months for Boss to like me! Heck, Charlie wont even let me hold him!”

Like I said,” Ririn sniggered. “The power of Rin-rin!”

Which is...?” He replied.

Ririn flopped down the sofa beside Gaho. She raised her hand up to her chin and made the 'thinking hmm'. “Ah! My likeable aura!”

 

Ha! It does exist.

 

Yeah yeah,” Ji Yong rolled his eyes and sat next to her on the sofa. “Pass me the remote!”

But, it's right next to you!” Ririn exclaimed. “Get it yourself!”

No it's not! It's all the way over the coffee table!”

Which is right in front of you!”

You're closer to it!”

Am not! You are!”

 

Gah... He calls himself the leader?

 

I grabbed the remote off of the coffee table and pressed the 'on' button. “Kids...” I mumbled to myself.

 

 

 

 

WE ARE NOT KIDS!” The two yelled at the same time.

 

 

'Entertainment news! Rumour has it that BIG BANG'S T.O.P—'

 

I shot my head to the television screen where a (super y) photo of my appeared next to the news reporter woman.

“Hey! How come you're on the news?” Ji Yong questioned, but I motioned him to be quiet.

 

'—has a daughter!'

 

“...”

“...”

“...”

 

“...What...” Ji Yong began.

“...The...” Ririn continued.

“...Hell...” I finished.

 

'Locals have spotted that T.O.P recently visited an adoption center,'

A low-quality video of me walking out of the adoption center holding bags and Ririn following behind was played.

'And a girl, no older than the age of eighteen followed behind him.'

 

 

 

 

It's one of those moments when you wished you were actually just a normal person...

 

 

'I saw him with her before,' A familiar looking face appeared on TV. Hmm... Have I seen her somewhere?

'He told me himself she was his daughter, but I thought he was joking.'

 

Ah! That's it! The drive-thru woman!

 

But, the question is, how did they find out about Ririn...?

Ah... What is up with the paparazzi and their eagle-like eyes?