two

Lost In Your Heart [~]

 

It has been almost two weeks and finally, Gayoung has been discharged from the hospital. It doesn't make her to feel happy at all when she knew that she has been discharged. There was no difference when she realized that she has became a blind girl.

 

She wouldn't be able to see the world like before.

 

No longer be able to see Luhan's face or even help his mother to gain money for their family.

 

She has to start her life as a blind girl, relying on the others.

 

Hoping people around her to help her.

 

But that wasn't what she has been wanting for.

 

She wanted her life like before, where she could see everything.

 

"Gayoung-ah, be careful. You might hit your head. Get in the car carefully." Lin said while she held Gayoung's hand, helping her to hop into Luhan's car. Luhan looked at them, as he wanted to make sure that everything was fine. When Gayoung and Lin has entered the car, he quickly rushed to the driver side to bring them back home.

 

Gayoung didn't talk when she was in the car. Luhan and Lin knew exactly what has been disturbing her mind. Lin caressed Gayoung's hand softly, signaling her that everything was alright.

 

"Umma..where are we?" Gayoung finally spoke out. "We just passed the restaurant that we always go to eat."

 

Gayoung knew that they were going to reach home just in five minutes. It was sad for her to know that she couldn't see the scenery of Seoul. Gayoung hid her sadness from being shown on her face. She just didn't want to show it in front of Luhan and Lin. That will make them to feel sad and worry about her.

 

"Finally, we've arrived!" Lin said as she helped Gayoung to alight from the car; carefully. Luhan helped to carry her bag and opened the door for them.

 

"There 's a stair after your three steps, Youngie-ah. Be careful." Luhan said. His hand was reaching to hold hers. Gayoung walked slowly toward the main door and just when her feet stepped on the first stair, she knew that she did it very well. She entered the house safely with a small smile carved on her face.

 

It has been almost two weeks she didn't come back home. She missed everything.

 

"Youngie-ah..we will guide you everywhere. You don't have to worry. Everything in the house doesn't change. So, it might be a bit easy for you to memorize the steps to your room and other places." Luhan guided her meanwhile Lin followed from behind. Gayoung nodded her head as she understood. Her right hand was reaching for a wall so that it could guide her way to her room.

 

"Luhan oppa…" She called. He turned his face to look at her. "Yes?"

 

"Can you bring me to my room?" Luhan looked at his mom and she just nodded, telling him to do it for her. Luhan held Gayoung's hand tightly and said, "Sure. I will bring you."

 

 As they've reached Gayoung's room, Luhan twisted the door knob, revealing her room that wasn't too big. Gayoung turned her face as if she was looking directly at Luhan's face.

 

"Oppa, I want to walk by myself.."

 

"Youngie-ah, I can't simple let you-"

 

"Oppa, trust me. I want to walk by myself. I need to learn the steps to my bed and everything in my room." Luhan didn't want to let her to do so but seeing her eyes; made him to let her walk by herself.

 

"Alright then. If you need any help, call me. I'm putting your bag on your bed." Luhan said as he rubbed Gayoung's head. Her lips curled upwards to form a smile for him. And by then, he left the room, closing the door. Gayoung took a few steps to her closet. She wanted to make sure that everything in her room didn't change. She was right. Everything was in the same place like before so it wasn't hard for her to find it.

 

She turned to the left, taking another six steps before her right knee hit her bed; softly. She smiled as she was happy to know that she has found her bed. Gayoung bent down a bit to search for her teddy bears and there were still on it-at the same place where she always kept all of it on the bed.

 

Then, she made a move to her desk. A desk where she has been using to study. There were a few books and novels that she kept at the bookshelf. Her fingers ran through all of the book and novels. Her smile vanished from her face.

 

She knew that there was no use for her to read all of it again like before. Her eyes were full of tears, just waiting for the time to fall on her cheeks.

 

She didn't know that Luhan was looking at her. He opened it carefully so that Gayoung wouldn't realize that the door was opened. Luhan's heart sank to see Gayoung was trying hard to hold her tears. He wanted to hug her but then he felt like someone held his arm. It was his mother; looking at him.

 

"Let her be. We need to give her more space to be alone." Lin said, almost whispering. Luhan's eyes landed back on Gayoung who was sitting on the floor, hugging her knees while crying. He wanted to pull her into a hug but his mother told him not to do so.

 

"But, she needs us." "She is, but not for now. She needs her time to be alone."

 

Luhan and Lin saw Gayoung wiped away her tears, trying hard for not crying too much.

 

"I can't be like this. I have to be strong." Gayoung said to herself. Didn't know that Luhan and Lin were watching her from the outside of her room.

 

Gayoung made her way to her bed slowly as she sat on it. Lin looked up to meet her eyes with her son.

 

"And that's the only way to make her to feel strong. If we keep comforting her, showing her that we're sad too, she will be weak. Remember what the doctor said?" Luhan nodded when he remembered about the doctor's words. He told them not to show to Gayoung that they were sad with what happened on her. They should be giving her supports to move on with her life.

 

"Don't worry. Gayoung is a strong girl and won’t easily give up." Lin patted his shoulder before leaving him. Luhan let out a big sigh as he bit his lower lip.

 

And I will never let you give up with your life, Gayoung. Never. Because I'll be there for you..

 

---

 

 "Luhan-ah! Gayoung-ah! It's time for breakfast!" Lin shouted from the dining room as she was busy serving some foods on the table. Luhan walked out from his room, heading to the dining room.

 

"Woah! These look delicious!" Luhan took a seat while his lips when he looked at the foods. Lin could only chuckle with his attitude. She saw Gayoung walked out from her room slowly; her hand was reaching the wall to be her guide to the dining room. It has been about a month after she has been discharged from the hospital and she could memorized steps in the house.

 

"Good morning, Gayoung!" Luhan and Lin greeted her with a smile. Even though they knew she couldn't see it but they knew that it wasn't a fault to give her a smile. Gayoung plastered a smile as she greeted back. Luhan helped to pull a chair for her so that she could sit on it. Gayoung thanked him and sat on the chair.

 

"Gayoung-ah, the rice is at 12 o'clock. Spinach at 3 o'clock, reach out your hand at 9 o'clock direction to get your kimchi, and there's a steamed egg at your 11 o'clock direction." Luhan told her so that she could reach for her foods.

 

Finally, she could adapt with the clock direction to get anything that she wanted. It was easy for her. She smiled for him.

 

"Arraseo. Thanks for it, Luhan oppa." "You're most welcome. Now, let's eat!" Luhan said excitedly as he fed himself the foods. He enjoyed with the meal and Gayoung could tell that he really liked it. She let out a chuckle with Lin.

 

"Oppa, eat it slowly or you'll get choke." Gayoung fed herself with a spoon of rice with spinach. Luhan couldn't say anything instead of eating it for non-stop. "Luhan, don't eat too fast or you'll get cho-"

 

Luhan get choked with his foods before his mother could finish her words. He stabbed his chest many times when he couldn't stop coughing.  Gayoung and Lin stopped to eat when they realized that Luhan get choked.

 

"Oppa, are you okay?!" Gayoung became worried. She really hoped she could see and helped him. Luhan's face has turned to red for choking.

 

Lin quickly get him a glass of water for Luhan to drink. Luhan didn't think too much when his mother handed him the water. He drank it and slowly, he felt much better.

 

"How do you feel?" Lin asked, looking at her son. Luhan nodded his head as his hand was rubbing his chest. "Much better."

 

Gayoung let out a big sigh, "You should eat it slowly. Told you. Aigoo." Gayoung mumbled. Luhan grinned, "Why? Scared that I might die for choking with the foods?" Luhan joked.

 

"Too scared! Stubborn deer!" She pouted. Luhan rubbed her head playfully as he pinched her nose, "Aww, I love to see that face of yours especially when you're scared."

 

"Oppa!" Luhan laughed even more. Lin shook her head when she watched Luhan couldn't stop teasing her.

 

"Okay, kids! Finish your foods!" Lin ordered. They obeyed and continued to finish the foods.

 

 

"Take care, oppa, umma." Gayoung said when she stood at the main door. Lin caressed her cheek, "You too. Don't open the door for the strangers!"

 

"I know, umma. I'm not a little kid." Gayoung chuckled. Lin gave a peck on Gayoung's cheek. Luhan patted her shoulder with a smile plastered on his face, "Call me if you need anything." He said before leaving the house with Lin.

 

After they have left, Gayoung closed and locked the door. She made her way to her room before sitting on her bed. She decided to take a rest since she didn't know what to do. She laid on her bed, thinking about her life.

 

She has lost her eye-sight and couldn't see anything.

 

She couldn't read her novels or books anymore, like before. She couldn't even help Lin and Luhan to gain money since they were not rich enough.

 

Gayoung felt like she became such a burden for them when the fact they had to help her because of her disabilities.

 

"Everything seems hopeless for me. Too hopeless." Gayoung whispered to herself while hugging her teddy bear that she got as a present from Luhan. Slowly, she fell asleep on her bed-with tears falling down on her cheeks.

 

 

 

 


 

A/N: Hello everybody! I just came back from my hometown and sorry a lot for making you guys to wait for the update.. :(( I thought to post it last night but I was too tired and not feeling very well. But I hope you guys like with the chapter .. Thanks for susbcribing, my new subscribers! Do leave ur comment as always ^^ Wait for the next update okay ;)