five

Lost In Your Heart [~]

 

Kris came back home after he has been working almost half a day. He was a bit tired on that day and decided to rest at his house. The maid of his house helped to open a door for him and two maids were standing there, bowing at him.

 

"Welcome home, Mr. Wu." They said, hung their head low. Kris handed his briefcase and his coat for them, "Where's my mom, Luna?"

 

"She's in Jihoo's room, playing with him." Luna, as the maid of the house, answered his question. Kris nodded his head, "Alright, thanks."

 

"Um, do you need anything to drink, Mr. Wu?" Luna asked when the maid beside her left while bringing Kris's coat and briefcase in her hands. Kris shook his head, "No need. I just want to rest. Thanks anyway." With then, Kris headed to the upstairs, leaving his maid at the downstairs as she went to the kitchen.

 

Kris went to the bedroom of his son. He has been missing his son even though they have been seeing each other every single day. For him, leaving Jihoo in the house when he was working wasn't a thing that he liked. Kris wanted to stick with his son every second but he couldn't do that since he needed to handle his parents' company. Kris stopped when he saw two figures were on the bed, giggling together.

 

The door of Jihoo's room were half-opened and there was Jihoo, sitting on his comfy bed with his beloved grandmother while playing his favorite toy. The tired and headache that attacked him were vanished just like that; the moment when he saw his beloved son was laughing and having fun with his grandmother. He didn't realize that the corner of his lips curled upwards, forming a smile.

 

"Am I disturbing your moments?" Kris snapped both of them and they quickly turned their head to look at the door. Kris was leaning at the door frame, with his arms were crossed across his chest. Jihoo's smile was wide to see his father that came home and stood there in front of him.

 

"Appa!! I missed you!!" Jihoo jumped off from his bed and ran to hug his tall father. Kris lifted him up and hugged him, "Aw, you really missed me?" Jihoo nodded with his arms still wrapped around Kris's neck. Kris's mother's who was sitting on the bed chuckled to see both of them. She just loved to see her grandson's reaction to see his father again.

 

"Of course I am!" "Well, prove to your appa that you really missed me." Jihoo caressed Kris's cheeks before giving a soft peck on it. "My kiss for appa!" He said with a grin. Kris laughed with his mom to see how cute his son could be on that time. Kris gave a peck on his cheeks back and smiled, "How cute! So, did you have fun with your grandma? Were you being naughty all day long?"

 

Jihoo's eyes landed on his grandmother who was standing beside Kris. His grandmother gave him a smile and that made Jihoo to shake his head wildly, "I wasn't being naughty, appa. I listened to grandma very well and didn't do anything that you don't like."

 

"Really, mom? Can I trust this little kid?" Kris turned his attention to his mother and she nodded her head while her right hand caressed Jihoo's head, "Of course you can. Jihoo is a good boy and he won't do anything that will make you get mad. Right, dear?" Jihoo nodded his head. Kris pinched Jihoo's cheek, "Good boy! Now, appa needs to get a shower and change my clothes. Let's have dinner together later, okay?" Kris put his son down and patted his head. Jihoo understood him while giving a nod. Mrs. Wu smiled, "Go and take your shower, Kris. We'll wait for you at the dining room."

 

Kris obeyed his mother and left to his room.

 

---

 

Gayoung stood beside a window, enjoying the cold breeze that brushed on her skin. Sshe shivered with the coldness but that doesn't make her to close the window. She felt like to spend her time by standing there and relaxed her mind.

 

Luhan knocked the door of her room and that snapped her back to the reality. She turned herself around eventhough she couldn't see the door.

 

"Come in." She spoke out. Luhan opened the door, revealed the young lady who slowly carved a small smile for him.

 

"Luhan oppa." Gayoung called his name. Luhan was happy to know that Gayoung could guess that he was the one who entered the room. Luhan dragged his legs toward a chair that was placed at her desk, "How did you know that I'm the one to enter your room?"

 

Gayoung turned her head back to the window frame and breathed the fresh air, "Your scent, oppa. Your perfume." Luhan chuckled with her answer. She was right. Gayoung detected everything clearly with her hearing and smelling senses. Even though she has became a blind girl, it doesn't mean that she lost all of her senses. Luhan was proud to know that at least she managed to adapt with her condition.

 

"Seems like I can't sneak into your room after this." Luhan joked.

 

"Did you plan to sneak in, oppa? Better not or I'll kill you." Gayoung laughed. Luhan stood up before walking closer to her, "You'll lose this handsome guy if you kill me." Luhan and he gained a pout from her, "Stop praising yourself." She said.

 

Luhan couldn't help but smile to see her cuteness. His skin was brushed with the cold breeze that came through the window. He sighed, "Why did you opened the window? You might catch cold." Luhan tried to close it but Gayoung held his arm, preventing him from doing so, "I want to have some fresh air at this moment."

 

"It's not good for your health, Gayoung. What if you get sick?"

 

"I won't get sick. It makes me feel relax just by feeling the cold breeze. You should try it, oppa." Gayoung pulled him to stand closer with her. Luhan gazed down at her hand where she held his arm. Her touch made his heart to beat faster than normal rate. His eyes were locked on her flawless face, shaped-nose and pinky lips. He didn't know why she could be so adorable and pretty every single day.

 

"Can you feel it?" Gayoung snapped Luhan back to the reality. The cold breeze brushed their skins. Luhan cleared his throat, "Y-Yeah. I can feel it."

 

Luhan her hair that covered her face. He smiled when she turned to face him. "It's getting late now. You better go and sleep."

 

Gayoung nodded her head meanwhile Luhan helped to close the window for her. She dragged her legs carefully toward her bed before sitting on it. Luhan pulled a blanket for her and Gayoung carved a smile for him when he covered her with the blanket.

 

"Thanks, oppa." Luhan rubbed her head softly, "Sure. Sleep well, Youngie. Good night. Sweet dream." Luhan said, almost whispering. Gayoung gave a nod and she closed her eyes. Luhan's eyes landed on her face before he leaned in to kiss on her forehead. With then, he left the room after switched off the lights.

 

---

 

Kris laid on his bed and was about to sleep before someone knocked the door. He turned his body to look at the door and let the person who knocked it to enter his room. Then, he saw a small figure entering his room while holding a pillow and his Crong. Kris quickly sat up on his bed when he saw Jihoo entered his room while pouting.

 

"Jihoo-ah. I thought you were sleeping." Kris said when his son came closer to his bed. "Appa, I'm scared. I can't sleep and I don't want to sleep alone." Jihoo said. Kris took him and put his son on his lap, "So, you want to sleep with appa?" Jihoo nodded his head while hugging his pillow and Crong closer to his chest.

 

"Aigoo, my cutie boy. Come here, sleep with appa. You know, appa feels lonely to sleep alone in this room. Here, lay beside me." Kris patted a soft pillow and Jihoo crawled on it before landing on the comfy bed. He smiled widely to know that he got the chance to sleep with his father. Kris laid beside him and patted his puffy cheeks, "If you want to sleep with appa, just tell me, okay?" Jihoo nodded again and he played with Kris's fingers.

 

"Appa got long fingers and big hands!" Jihoo compared his hands with his father's hands. Kris chuckled to hear about it, "Because I'm bigger than you. You're still a small kid."

 

"I want to grow up and be a tall man like appa, one day! Or maybe taller than you!"

 

"Wow! That's great but you'll look like a giant if you're going to be taller than me!"

 

"Aniya! My appa already looks like a giant! Mehrong~" Jihoo giggled. Kris tickled at his waist, "Say what?! Giant? Then, I'm going to punish you!"

 

"Ahahahha appa! Don't! It's ticklish!" Kris kept tickling his son and they were giggling on the bed. Kris really happy to see his son laughed and spent his time with him. For him, his son is the most precious thing that he ever had and nothing could replace his son in his heart.

 

"Appa, stop it!" Jihoo pouted. Finally, Kris gave in and stopped to tickle his son, "Alright, Jihoo. I'm done." Jihoo showed his bright teeth before pinching his father's nose, "Appa is naughty!"

 

"Yes, naughty like you."

 

"I'm not!"

 

"Well, maybe you're not."

 

"I'm not naughty. Appa said that I'm a good boy, like my mother!" Jihoo said, hugging his Crong. Kris's smile vanished from his face when Jihoo mentioned about his late wife. His eyes landed on his son who was playing with the Crong. He missed his late wife so much. He lost her when she gave birth their first child. He thought that both of them were going to spend their lives together with their son but everything has changed. She was no longer beside him and her son.

 

"Appa, why you look so sad?" Jihoo held Kris's cheek. Kris formed a small smile as he rubbed Jihoo's head, "Nothing. I just missed your mother."

 

Jihoo was too innocent on that time. Though Kris did tell him that his mother already died, still Jihoo couldn't understand about it very well. "I miss her too," Jihoo patted the pillow for Kris, "Appa, put your head on this pillow. Let's sleep. "

 

Without saying anything, Kris obeyed his son and laid beside him. He looked at his son's face and his heart softened.

 

You copied your mother's eyes, lips and nose.. I miss her so much.. It's sad to know that she's no longer with us, Jihoo-ah..

 

"Appa.." Jihoo called Kris. "Yes?"

 

"How does my mother look alike? Was she pretty?" Kris breathed heavily with the question that he received from his son. He held Jihoo's small hand and rubbed it, "For me,  she was a beautiful woman, kind and brilliant. And you even copied her lips, eyes and nose."

 

"Really?!" Kris nodded, "Yes."

 

"Do you love my mother?" Kris smiled when Jihoo asked him the question, "Of course I do. I still love her until today and she'll always stay in my heart forever."

 

Jihoo moved closer as he hugged his father, "Appa, don't be sad. I don't want to see my father become sad. Umma must be happy if she knows that you love her very much."

 

Kris tried to held his tears from coming out from his eyes. He let out a chuckle and hugged his son tightly, "I hope so, son. And without her, maybe you won't be at here with me. I have you for now and you're my only son that I love." Kris kissed Jihoo's head and his tears finally fell on his pillow. He really wished that his late wife would be laying beside him, spending their times together with their son.

 

Hyojung-ah, I miss you.. Thanks for carrying our child for nine months and gave birth to him before you left both of us..

 

---

 

Gayoung went to the park that was located not far from her house area. She did tell to Luhan and Lin that she was going there. They were a bit worried since she wanted to go there alone so Lin decided to accompany her to the park meanwhile Luhan went to work at the coffee shop.

 

"It's a bright day. I can feel the sun burn my skin." Gayoung said while she walked with Lin by her side. The woman smiled and looked up, "It is. Good weather to spend our time at the park."

 

Both of them has reached the park and they took at a seat on a bench. Gayoung folded her stick and put It on her lap. "I can hear that kids are playing in this park." Gayoung spoke out when she heard a few noises from the kids that were at the park, playing with the playground and some of them spent their time by riding bicycles and playing a ball.

 

"Yeah. They are having fun together at here." "I really want to see them. Unfortunately, I can't." Lin turned her head to look at her. As if Gayoung knew that she was looking at her, she formed a small smile, "It's okay, umma. I still can hear their voices. It still can makes me feel happy, though," she said, assuring the lady for not worrying about her words.

 

Lin saw a small shop near by the park. She carved a smile and held Gayoung's hand, "I'm going to buy drinks for us at the shop across this park. Stay here, okay? Don't go anywhere." Lin told her before she stood up. Gayoung chuckled, "Arraseo, umma. I won't go anywhere." With then, Lin left her alone at the bench as she headed to the small shop.

 

When Gayoung was waiting at the park alone, she felt something hit her right leg. Gayoung was shocked with it and she turned her head immediately to the right. She heard someone's footsteps came toward the place where she was sitting.

 

"Ahjumma, can you please hand me the ball?" A little boy asked as he was panting for running too much. Gayoung blinked her eyes, "Ah, nae." Without thinking anything, Gayoung bent down a bit to get the ball for him. Too bad, because of her disabilities, she didn't manage to find the ball on the ground, just beside her. The little boy frowned to see how she tried to get it.

 

"Aigoo, where did it go?" Gayoung asked herself and she tripped when she was searching it. The boy blinked his eyes to see her on the ground as she winced in pain. "OW!" Gayougn rubbed her knees. Luckily she didn't get injured. Then, someone's voice approached them.

 

"Jihoo-ah! You shouldn't left me! What if I lose you? Your father will be mad at-" The maid that worked for Wu's family stopped when she saw Jihoo was staring at Gayoung who was trying to find the ball for him. His mind was thinking about something. He felt that she looked familiar to him.

 

"Oh my God! Are you okay, miss?" The maid went to Gayoung as she helped her to get up. Gayoung patted her dress and smiled, "I'm okay. Thanks for helping. Anyway, can you help me to find the little boy's ball? I couldn't find it." Gayoung asked. The maid saw Gayoung;s stick on the bench and she knew that she was blind.

 

"Sure, miss." She grabbed the ball beside the bench and held it in her hands, "I'm sorry because of this matter, miss. Please forgive the little boy."

 

Gayougn chuckled, "It's okay. I didn't get injured." The maid turned to look at Jihoo and motioned him to come closer. Jihoo dragged his legs and stood with them. "Jihoo-ah, say sorry to her."

 

Jihoo pouted and looked down, "Mianhae, ahjumma." Jihoo apologized. Gayoung reached her hand to touch Jihoo's head and patted it softly, "It's okay, dear. Small matter. Just be careful next time.." Gayoung said and the maid gave a small smile. But the smile vanished from her face when she realized that Gayoung couldn't see it.

 

"Ahjumma, are you the one that saved me from the crazy ahjumma?" Jihoo asked. Gayoung titled her head with the question. The maid frowned to hear it. "Nae? Crazy ahjumma?"

 

Jihoo nodded his head, "Nae. You saved me at the shopping mall when the crazy ahjumma yelled at me."

 

Gayoung tried to remember back the moment where she did save a little boy at the shopping mall. By that time, she remembered about it.

 

"Wait, are you the one that I helped on that day?" Jihoo nodded, "Yes!"

 

Gayoung carved wide smile for him, "Aw, we meet again!" Jihoo showed his smile with his bright teeth as his hand reached to hold her hand, "I'm happy to see you again, ahjumma." He said happily. The maid chuckled when both of them were giggling. "Really?! Are you here with your dad? Or maybe your mother?" Jihoo's smile faded away when Gayoung mentioned about his mother. But she didn't see the smile that vanished from his face. The maid noticed with it and she quickly changed Gayoung's attention.

 

"Actually, I'm the one who brought him at here. I'm just a maid." She said. Gayoung's mouth formed an 'o' shaped to hear about it.

 

"I see. " Gayoung nodded her head. The maid handed the ball to Jihoo and she looked at her wrist watch, "I guess, we need to go back home. It's nice to see you, miss." Gayoung's lips curled upwards, "Same with me. Do take care of him." Gyoung told her before she said, "I will." And by then, they left Gayoung at the bench alone. Jihoo could not stop looking at Gayoung over his shoulder. He felt like to spend more time to talk with her.

 

Lin came on the right time with her hands holding two cola. "I bought two drinks for us." She said as she took Gayoung hand and let Gayoung to touch it. She took it from her hand and thanked her.

 

"I saw you were talking with someone." Lin said when she helped to open the can for her. Gayoung smiled, "I met the boy that I helped at the shopping mall. Remember that I told you about it, umma?"

 

Lin sipped her drink and tried to remember about the story that was told by Gayoung. And finally, she remembered while nodding her head, "Yeah. That little boy who get yelled by a crazy ahjumma."

 

Gayoung laughed, "Yes. And I never thought to meet him at here." Lin chuckled to hear her words, "You were smiling widely when you talked about him. You like the boy?"

 

Gayoung sipped her cola and felt it to flow in before saying, "I am, umma. I don't know why but I think that boy is special and I feel like to get closer with him more."

 

 

 


 

Leave your feedback, readers! And thanks for subscribing. Do spread my stories around! :)