eight

Lost In Your Heart [~]

 

Gayoung drove her car with a smile carved on her face. But the smile changed to frown as her brake wasn't functioning. She couldn't control the car and started to get panic.

 

"What's happening?!" She cried in the car while stepping on the brake many times. "Why it is not functioning?!"

 

She wasn't focusing on the road before hearing a honk of a car, coming from the other direction. There was nothing she could do before screamed.

 

"NO!!!" Gayoung sat up on her bed and breathed heavily. She was sweating a lot before hearing someone entered her bedroom. It was Luhan.

 

"Gayoung-ah, are you alright? What's wrong? Did something hurt you?" Luhan was worried when he heard her voice coming from her room. She shook her head and held his hand tightly. He could feel her cold hand as she held it.

 

"Oppa, I..I'm scared." That were the only words that escaped from her lips before she cried. Luhan knew she had a nightmare and he quickly pulled her into a hug. "Shhh, don't worry. I'm here."

 

Lin entered the room, seeing Luhan trying to comfort Gayoung. She walked closer to the bed, "What's wrong?"

 

"She had a nightmare." Luhan answered.

 

"The same nightmare?" Luhan nodded at his mother's question. Gayoung still couldn't forget the tragedy that happened on her. "I'll go and get some water for her." Lin headed out from the bedroom to get a glass of water for Gayoung.

 

Luhan caressed Gayoung's hair when she sobbed, "You know, nothing can hurt you when I'm still here with you."

 

"…I'm scared."

 

"You don't have to. You have me. And mom. We won't let you get hurt anywhere."

 

Luhan held her hand, assuring her that everything was going to be alright, "It was just a nightmare."

 

"I keep dreaming about it."

 

"It's because you can't forget the tragedy that happened on you. Don't worry. Everything is going to be alright. Okay?"

 

Gayoung nodded. Luhan her hair and by then, Lin entered the room with a glass of water in her hand, "Gayoung-ah, you should drink first." She said, giving the glass for her. Gayoung was trying to reach for it but Luhan saw that her hands were still shakingㅡstill scared with the nightmare that haunted her almost every night.

 

"Let me hold it for you." Luhan spoke as he held the glass for her. Gayoung didn’t say anything and just let him to help her. She drank the water and slowly stopped drinking more. Luhan pulled the glass away from her lips and put it on a table.

 

He helped her to lay on the bed and pulled the blanket for her.

 

"In case you need anything, just call us." Gayoung nodded at Luhan's words. Lin caressed Gayoung's hair and pecked on her cheek, "Good night, sweetie. We'll be here if you need us."

 

"Thanks." Gayoung formed a smile. Both of them left the room and closed the door. Gayoung closed her eyesㅡtrying to clear her mind from thinking about the nightmare.

 

---

 

"Appa! When are you going to invite Gayoung-nim to our house?" Jihoo pulled Kris' hand many times, hoping his father would answer the question. Kris smiled, "Soon."

 

"But, I'm bored. I want to play with her." Jihoo poutedㅡcrossing his arms. Kris chuckled and ruffled the little boy's hair. Then, Kris' mother came and saw his grandson was pouting without looking at his father who tried to persuade him.

 

"What's wrong, Kris?" She asked when she realized Jihoo was sulking. Kris grinned, "He wants to invite Gayoung to come over."

 

"Oh, you mean, the young lady that you have been saying?" Kris nodded. His hand caressed Jihoo's hair but the boy turned away even more, ignoring his father.

 

Mrs. Wu laughed, "Aigoo, what a cutie boy. Then, why he's sulking?" She asked, before shifting her attention to the little boy. Before Kris could answer the question, Jihoo cut off, "Appa didn't let me to invite her over!"

 

"I didn't say I'm not letting you to invite her over."

 

"But I thought you said it." Jihoo made a small pout. "I said it would be better if she's here when I have some free time. We can go and pick her up at her house."

 

Mrs. Wu grinned to see the cuteness of her own grandson. She pinched his soft cheek. "Aish, just invite her to come over. I'll send a driver to pick her up. Don't worry. Seems like Jihoo is too bored."

 

"He can play with the maids." Kris said. "I don't want. I want Gayoung-nim."

 

Kris chuckled, "Arraseo. I'll call her to get ready."

 

Jihoo smiled of joy and hugged his father, "Yeay! Thank you, appa!" Kris rubbed his back, "Anything for my son. Just don't be naughty when she's here, okay?"

 

"Arraseo!" Jihoo saluted like a soldier. Kris dialed Gayoung's number and waited until she answered the call. Just in a few minutes, he ended up the callㅡcarving a smile for his son.

 

"She'll be here soon."

 

---

 

"Jihoo-ah, someone is here to see you." One of the maids called Jihoo when he was playing with his toys in his room. He smiled widely and he ran out from his roomㅡwent downstairs and found Gayoung entered the house with the help of the maid to guide her.

 

"Gayoung-nim!" He shouted before running to her and gave a hug. Gayoung grinned, "Aww, Jihoo-ah. How are you?"

 

"I'm fine! I missed you." Gayoung caressed his hair and his soft cheeks, "Me too."

 

By then, a voice was heard, greeting the guest.

 

"You must be Gayoung, right?" Gayoung heard a woman's voice and she stood politely, holding her stick. She nodded and bowed, "Yes. I'm Lee Gayoung."

 

"Nice to meet you. I'm Kris' mother. Jihoo's grandma." Gayoung bit her lip, feeling nervous to hear it. "Nice to meet you too, Mrs. Wu. Sorry for disturbing you at this moment."

 

Mrs. Wu smiled and went closer to her. She held her hand softly, "It's okay. I'm glad to meet you. Kris and Jihoo has been telling me about you."

 

Gayoung gulped. They were telling her about me? What…What did they say?

 

"Don't worry. They just love to talk with you. And seems like my grandson likes you very much." Mrs. Wu rubbed Jihoo's head meanwhile the little boy couldn't stop holding Gayoung's hand.

 

Gayoung's lips curled upwards to hear it, "I-I never thought that he would like me this much."

 

Mrs. Wu smiled though she knew that Gayoung couldn't see it. She didn't know why but it made her to feel so happy to meet Gayoung. For her, Gayoung is one of the prettiest girls that she ever seen.

 

"You know, you can spend your time with my grandson. He kept bragging to play with you."

 

Gayoung chuckled and gave a nod, "Sure, Mrs. Wu."

 

Jihoo grinned, "Grandma, can I bring Gayoung-nim to play with me in my room?"

 

His grandmother nodded with a smile, "Of course, my dear. I'll tell the maid to serve some snacks for both of you."

 

"Gayoung-nim! Come on!" Jihoo held her hand tightly before guiding her to his room. Gayoung smiled, "Alright."

 

 

---

 

Luhan entered Kris' room as he was called to be in there. Kris smiled before letting him to sit on a couch.

 

"Is there anything that you need, sir?" Luhan asked when Kris sat on the other couch. Kris remained the smile and let out a small sigh.

 

"Are you Gayoung's best friend?" He asked. Luhan nodded and was curious with his question. "Yes, I am."

 

"I see."

 

"Sorry for asking this but, how did you know her name, sir?"

 

Kris chuckled, "Currently, she's in my house."

 

Luhan gawked, "W-What?"

 

"Calm down, Luhan. My son wants to meet her so badly and play with her. Plus, she used to help me a lot before."

 

"W-Wait. You're the father of the boy that she met at the mall?" Kris nodded at his question, leaving Luhan with his jaw dropped. He grinned, "I know, you're shocked to know about this but what I can say is that Gayoung still don't even know that I'm working as the CEO in this company."

 

"Because she thought you're working as a manager?"

 

Kris nodded again. "But I didn't mean to lie. I'm scared she'll get shocked and feel uncomfortable to talk with me if she knows the truth."

 

Luhan gave a small smile, "I see. It's okay, sir. I understand that."

 

"You're living in the same house with her?"

 

"Yeah. My mom adopted her from the orphanage."

 

"And, mind if I ask you about what happened with her…eyes?" Kris was trying to make sure that Luhan wouldn't feel bad with his question. Luhan nodded his head, "..Sure."

 

"Since when? Since she was born?"

 

Luhan shook his head, "No. She involved in an accident, last four months ago. She used to be a cheerful girl but it seems like it changed her to the new girl. She's not the same Gayoung like I used to see."

 

Kris was speechless to know the truth. So, she lost her sight because of an accident.. Poor her. I can't imagine how she feels.

 

"I'm sorry for being a bit emotional, sir."

 

Kris shook his head over Luhan's words, "No. It's okay. I mean, it's fine. I feel bad to know about it. I wonder how does she feel."

 

"Yeah. Though I tried my best to cheer her."

 

Kris smiled slightly, "She has such a good friend." Luhan chuckled, "No, sir. I'm just helping her."

 

"It's true. Gayoung is lucky to have people that she loves, around her." There was a deep meaning behind his words but Luhan didn't know about it. Kris remembered about his late wife and he immediately snapped back to the reality.

 

"Anyways, I hope, you and your mom will be okay if I invite her to play with my son."

 

Luhan carved a smile, "Sure, sir. As long as it can make her and your son happy, then, I'll be alright."

 

Kris laughed a bit, "Thanks. I'm pretty sure both of them will be happy to spend their time together."

 

---

 

"Kris! Jihoo!" A woman entered Kris' house while letting the maid to take her luggage. She was wearing a short black dressㅡrevealing her skin. Her wavy brown hair was flipped before calling for Kris and Jihoo.

 

"I'm sorry, miss, but Mr. Wu went to his office. Jihoo is playing with his friend."

 

She chuckled, "Friend? Are you kidding me? It's impossible for that kid to have a friend. Even he tried to avoid with his own classmates." She rolled her eyes.

 

Then, Mrs. Wu came and met with the lady at the hall of their house. "Oh, Jane. You're here?" Mrs. Wu greeted her and Jane seemed to get so excited seeing the lady in front her.

 

"Yes, aunt. I missed you so much!" She hugged her. Mrs. Wu faked a smile, "Yeah, same here." She pulled away, "You didn't tell me that you're coming back to Seoul."

 

Jane grinned, "I don't have to. I just want to make a surprise. Where's Kris?"

 

"He went to his office." Jane just nodded. "..And Jihoo?"

 

"Upstairs. Playing with his friend." Jane gawked with her answer. Friend? Like seriously? I thought that boy hates to have a friend!

 

"Really? Oh, maybe I should go and take a look. I brought a gift for him." Jane quickly headed upstairs with a bag with Jihoo's gift in her hand. She knew Jihoo would be happy to have the gift. Well, hope he's going to love it. I'm not going to fail this time!

 

As she opened the door of his room, she smiled widely while calling out for his name.

 

"Jihoo-ah! I'm back!" Jane said and showed the bag than contain the gift. Jihoo turned to look at the door and found herㅡgrinning. Gayoung was shocked to hear the voice and she turned her head to the voice that she heard.

 

Jane came closer to Jihoo before grabbing him to peck on his cheek, "Aww, you're getting big now!"

 

Jihoo wiped his cheek and rolled his eyes, "Don't kiss me." Jane pouted, "Why? Be glad that you got a kiss from this pretty lady." She replied and shifted her attention to Gayoung. She smirked. Don't tell me that she's Jihoo's friend. How can this little boy have a friend which is older than him?

 

Jane felt weird when she stared at Gayoung. Her eyes weren't looking around or even looked at Jihoo. And she didn't even care when Jane showed that smirk. She frowned.

 

She waved her hand in front of Gayoung's face but no response. Instead, she kept holding Jihoo's toy in his hands.

 

Jihoo pushed Jane's hand away from waving at Gayoung, "Stop it! Don't disturb her!" Jihoo yelled. Jane gasped with Jihoo's voice.

 

Gayoung shocked, "W-What's wrong, Jihoo-ah?"

 

Jane finally got the answer when she saw the stick that was placed beside Gayoung. She smirked, "Ah. So this friend of yours can't see anything? No wonder."

 

Jihoo glared, "Ahjumma! Don't say like that to her! You should speak nicely to Gayoung-nim!"

 

Jane blinked her eyes many times, not believing how a little boy like him could yell at her face. Wait, he's getting mad at me because of this blind girl? Wow! Unbelievable!

 

"Jihoo-ah, don't say like that. It's okay. I'm alright." Gayoung carved a smile. "Anyways, I'm Lee Gayoung. And you're…?"

 

"Jane." She said, coldly. But Gayoung remained the smile on her face. "I see. I guess, you're Jihoo's aunt?"

 

Jane chuckled at her words, "No. I'm not. I'm going to be a part of this Wu family though."

 

She smiled, "Ah. Sorry about that. I didn't know."

 

"Well, you should know from now on." Jane said before whispering something, insulting about her eyes. Jihoo heard her before he stood up, "Ahjumma! Go and leave us now!"

 

Jane faked a smile, "W-Why, Jihoo-ah? I just arrived and you're treating me like this? Look, I bought you a present. You must be likingㅡ" Just when Jane was about to finish her words, Jihoo took the toy from her hand and threw it on the floor. Gayoung flinched with the loud sound and Jane's jaw dropped to see the little boy threw it away.

 

"I don't want to have any presents from an evil ahjumma like you!" He yelled and went to hold Gayoung's hand. "Gayoung-nim, let's go to the backyard." He said and helped to pick the stick for her.

 

Gayoung couldn't say anything and just nodded, "A..Arraseo."

 

Jihoo left the room with her before met with his grandmother who was about to go upstairs. She looked at her grandson's face and frowned, "What's wrong, Jihoo-ah? Was there something wrong?"

 

Jihoo let out a big sigh, "I hate to see that ahjumma!" Jihoo saidㅡbringing Gayoung to follow him.

 

Mrs. Wu could only shake her head to see his attitude. She knew that Jihoo hates Jane very much.

 

Meanwhile in the room, Jane gritted her teeth to see the broken toy that she bought for Jihoo. She breathed heavily.

 

"That little boy. How could he throw it away?" She whispered to herself.

 

"Ah, so, he found a woman and thinks she's good enough to be in this family? Oh my God, she's blind and can't even see a thing! She doesn't deserve to be his mother. Tsk. I should let that boy see how deserve I am to be his mother! I'm way much better than her." Jane said to herselfㅡgrasping her hands.

 

 


 

Hello everyone! I'm back again from a long hiatus~ And currently having my semester break about two months :D btw, i hope you guys enjoyed with the new update :)

thanks for those who just subscribed to this story.

and oh, i just made two stories.. 

- UNEXPECTED MARRIAGE ... (starring you as Han Hye Joo, Kris and Suho)

- Meet My 'FAKE' Husband, Kris Wu! [II]- {Sequel} ... (starring you as Kim Hyemi, Kris and Luhan)

do view and subscribe to the stories everyone! thank youuuu <3