four

Lost In Your Heart [~]

 

"Gayoung-ah, are you ready?" Luhan shouted from the living room as his mother helped to fix his necktie.

 

"Wait a minute!" Gayoung shouted back from her room. Though she couldn't see herself in the mirror, but still she managed to dress up herself without relying on the others. Gayoung had told about it to Lin so that she wouldn't have to worry about her.

 

It was a day for him to go for an interview at a company and it was a chance for him to get a job at there. At least, he could gain more money for their lives. Lin patted his shoulder softly before squeezing her son's cheeks.

 

"Now you're looking handsome!" Lin praised. Luhan winked at his mother, "Your son is handsome as always, mom." With then, he got a slap on his arm. Both of them chuckled and stopped when they saw Gayoung exited from her room, walking safely toward the living room. Luhan immediately ran to her while he held her hand, intertwined his fingers with hers. Gayoung's lips formed a smile to know that Luhan was there to help her. She knew it by smelling his fresh cologne.

 

"You must be good looking right now, oppa." Gayoung guessed while her hand brushed on his suit. He pinched her nose softly with a grin, "Well, of course. Only you never realize about that." Gayoung duh at his words and both of them headed to the living room. Lin felt happy to see that both of them were smiling widely. It has been awhile for her to see Gayoung smiling like that.

 

"We'll be leaving now, mom. Take care of yourself." Lin nodded at her son's words. "I will. Take care too, okay? And Luhan, all the best for your interview. Don't get too nervous." She gave a soft peck on Luhan's cheek before raising up her fist to the air, "Fighting!"

 

Luhan and Gayoung giggled and did the same like Lin, "Nae, fighting!"

 

---

 

Gayoung and Luhan went to a company that the interview was organized. It was a big company and well-known in South Korea. Luhan was amazed with the design of the building when he alighted from his car. Gayoung took out her stick and carefully alighted from Luhan's car. The sun ray burnt her flawless face and she could feel the hotness.

 

"Gayoung-ah, let's get inside." Luhan locked his car and quickly walked into the building with her. She followed him without utter a single word. When they entered, Luhan saw the receptionist at the lobby. Since the company was quite big, Luhan decided to ask for the receptionist's help. He didn't want to waste his time by searching for the place for him to be interviewed.

 

"Youngie-ah, take a seat at here first." Luhan brought her to a black leather couch that was placed near with the receptionist. Gayoung obeyed and took her seat on it. She felt awkward especially when she was in a place that she haven't been. She didn't even know how does the place look alike. Luhan went to meet with the receptionist to ask for her help.

 

"May I help you, sir?" The lady asked politely. She looked elegant in her black skirt with white blouse. Her hair was tied neatly with simple make-ups on her face. "My name is Xi Luhan and I'm here to attend for an interview. And I don't know the way to the interview room."

 

"Oh, so you're one of the candidates? Okay, sir. Since the interview session will be started in five minutes, you can get ready to fill some forms at the second floor. Take the lift and you'll see other candidates on your right sides once you've reached at the second floor." She told and Luhan listened to her instructions carefully. "Is there anything left?" The lady asked. Luhan looked at Gayoung over his shoulder and turned at the lady back. "Can you take care of her for awhile when I'm away for interview?"

 

The young lady looked over his shoulder and saw Gayoung was sitting there, holding her stick. She knew exactly what happened on her and she nodded her head, "Sure, I will." With then, Luhan thanked her and went back to Gayoung who was sitting on the couch, alone.

 

"Gayoung-ah, I'm going now. Are you okay at here?" Gayoung nodded with her smile, "I am. You should go now or you'll be late. Don't worry about me." She said, patting Luhan's arm softly. He patted her head and chuckled to hear her words, "Yeah. I will be right back."

 

Before Luhan left her, Gayoung pulled his arm, making the guy to turn and look back at her. "Oppa, fighting!" She said enthusiastically. Luhan let out a small chuckle and he pinched her puffy cheek, "Nae, fighting!"

 

Gayoung knew that Luhan has left her alone just by hearing his footsteps. She sighed heavily to know that she was being alone again. But it was her decision to accompany him to the interview eventhough Luhan told her many times not to do so. He was worried that she might get bored for waiting him alone at the company.

 

Then, she heard someone came toward the place where she was sitting and she knew it by hearing the footsteps.

 

"Miss, would you like to have a cup of coffee or tea?" The lady who helped Luhan earlier asked politely. Gayoung shook her head and carved a smile, "No, thanks."

 

"Okay. If you need anything, just call me." She said before turning her heels and went back to her place. Gayoung took her iPod and put on her earphones to listen some songs without feeling bored. The music was in shuffle and since Gayoung didn't get to see anything, she just let the songs to play randomly. When there was a song that she refused to listen, she would skip it to another one.

 

Half an hour has passed and Luhan haven't done with his interview session yet. Gayoung pouted while waiting for him. She decided to go to the restroom for awhile before sitting back on the couch. Gayoung stood up and opened her stick. She walked carefully toward the receptionist and stopped when she reached. "Excuse me, miss. Can I know where's the restroom?" Gayoung asked.

 

"Oh, it's on your left side. Just go straight and then, turn to the right. Keep straight and there will be a door to the ladies room, on your right side." The lady gave the instructions. She nodded as she understood with it and was about to leave but the receptionist stopped her.

 

"Let me help you, miss." She offered her help.

 

"It's okay. I can find it." Gayoung said, in polite way. Even though she knew that the young lady wanted to help her, she still didn't want to burden someone else just because of her disabilities. The young lady couldn't say anything since Gayoung wanted to do so. "Alright miss. Just be careful." The lady was a kind-hearted person and she was a bit worried about Gayoung. Gayoung was glad that someone like her still exist in this kind of world, willing to help the others.

 

Gayoung took her steps to the ladies room like what the young lady told to her. She tried to remember like what she said.

 

"Go straight, turn to the right.. And keep straight until I found a door to the ladies room, on the…." Gayoung stopped when she has reached. But she was confused either the ladies room was on the left side or the right side. "Left side? Or was it on the right one?" She tried hard to remember what was told before.

 

"The left side, I guess." Gayoung's hand reached at the door knob of the gents room and was about to open the door but someone stopped her, making her to get shocked with the sudden touch from someone.

 

"Miss, I think you've got the wrong restroom." A deep voice said to her. His hand was still holding Gayoung's soft hand, preventing her from entering the restroom for men. Gayoung gulped and felt embarrassed, knowing that she was about to enter the wrong one.

 

"S-Sorry..I-I didn't know.." She stuttered. The guy gazed down and saw she was holding a stick, gripping it tightly. And he saw her face. Sshe looked familiar to him and his lips curled upwards to see her again in the building.

 

"It's nice to see you again." His words made the young lady to frown, "Yes?"

 

"You saved my son from the bad ahjumma that yelled at you. Do you remember?" Gayoung remembered the moment where there was a woman yelled at her because of a little boy's fault and thought the boy was her son. Gayoung chuckled when she finally remembered his voice.

 

"And you're his father, right?" Kris nodded but then he realized that Gayoung couldn't see him.

 

"Yes. It's nice to see you again at here."

 

"Me too."

 

"What are you doing at here? I mean, why you're in this building?"

 

Gayoung's lips curled upwards, "I'm accompanying my best friend for an interview." Kris titled his head to hear about it, "Interview? What's her name?"

 

"He's my guy best friend, actually. Xi Luhan."

 

"Ah, I see."

 

"And why you're here?"

 

Kris stopped and bit his lower lip. He couldn't say that he's the heir of the company. Gayoung might feel uncomfortable to be around with him if she knows his position in the company. "I-I'm a…"

 

Then, someone interrupted both of them while bringing some files, "Mr. Kr-" She was about to say something but Kris glared at her, mouthed her to stop right at there and shut . The lady, or known as his secretary gulped to see him, glaring at her. She froze at there for a moment as Kris told her to do so. "I'm working at here, as a manager." He lied. Gayoung who didn't know, believed his words.

 

"Oh, it seems like you wanted to go to the ladies room, let me help you." Kris guided her to the ladies room and helped to opened the door. "Should I wait for you until you've done?" Gayoung shook her head immediately while smiling, "No, it's okay. Thanks a lot for helping me."

 

"Well, small matter." Kris rubbed behind his neck and Gayoung bowed at him. She left him at the outside of the ladies room. His smile faded away when she disappeared from his side and Kris turned at his secretary. She gripped her files tightly across her chest when Kris stepped closer to her.

 

"Meet me in my room, now!" His voice made her knees to feel weak and she bowed. She ran to the lift and headed to Kris's room.

 

"Geez, luckily she didn't know my real position. Xi Luhan? Hm, should go and check his profile later."

 

And Kris left the area while heading to his room.

 

---

 

"How was the interview, oppa?" Gayoung asked when she was in the car with Luhan. The guy turned the steering wheel and his eyes were focused on the road, "I was too nervous but luckily I managed to get rid of it."

 

"And..?"

 

"And, they asked me a lot of questions. But yet, friendly and serious. I can't describe how I felt when I saw their faces."

 

Gayoung laughed to hear his experiences. "Well, let's hope that you'll get the job."

 

Luhan rubbed her head and grinned, "Yeah."

 

"Oh, remember the story that I told to you about the little boy that I met at the mall?"

 

"Yeah. Why?" Luhan asked. He was curious to know when suddenly Gayoung mentioned about it. "Just now, I met with someone and guess what, he's the father of the little boy that I met at the mall."

 

Luhan turned to look at her, "Really? And what was he doing at there?" "He said that he works there as a manager."

 

"Oh. I just hope that he's not one of the interviewer." Luhan laughed after saying those words and he made Gayoung to laugh along with him. "Who knows, he's one of them."

 

Soon, the situation in the car became silence without conversations. Only the sound from the radio could be heard. Luhan took a glance at Gayoung who was leaning on the seat, her eyes was closed, taking her nap in the car.

 

He softened to see her face. You must be tired for waiting me. But, it's happy to see you're smiling again like before. And I can see that the old Gayoung is back.

 

 

 

 


 

I just posted a new story, 'Twelve Hot Aliens!' . Do view, susbcribe and comment, my beloved readers! :)