five

Lost In Your Heart [~]

 

Luhan was in the living room, resting while watching the television meanwhile Gayoung and his mother were in their bedrooms. Luhan was a bit tired after working at his mother's coffee shop and there were a lot of customers on that day.

 

When his eyes were focusing on the tv screen, all of sudden, his cell phone rang. He picked it from the small table and looked at the phone screen. It was an unknown number. He felt weird when there was unknown number called him.

 

"Should I answer this call?" He questioned himself. But thinking that it might be an important call, Luhan decided to answer it. "Hello," was what he uttered once he answered it. A voice was heard through his phone.

 

"Yes, it's me.." Luhan said. He listened the person's explanation carefully. Slowly, a smile formed on his face. Showing that he was happy to know about something that he heard through his phone.

 

"Really, sir?! Tomorrow?!" Luhan's voice filled the whole house and that made Gayoung and Lin came out from their rooms, wondering what made Luhan to speak it out loud in the living room. Lin saw Luhan looked too happy when he was on the phone with someone who called him. She was curious. Gayoung tried to guess just by judging his voice and she knew that there must be a good news that he received on that time. Both of them went to the living room to meet with Luhan.

 

"Arraseo. I will, sir. Thank you very much for telling me," Luhan thanked the caller before he ended the phone call. He cheered it out loud and didn't realized that his mother and Gayoung were standing behind him, until he spun around and met his eyes with theirs.

 

"Opps~" He said, covering his mouth with his palm. Lin crossed her arms across his chest. "Is there something that makes you feel happy, Luhan?" Lin asked curiously. Luhan didn't answer her question instead he hugged his mother tightly, caused the woman to get shocked with his sudden action.

 

"W-Wait! What's wrong with you? Aish, I can't breathe with this tight hug, Luhan!" Lin complained as she kept slapping Luhan's arm many times. Gayoung, who stood just beside Lin could only giggled as she could imagine the situation that was happening between Luhan and his mother. Finally, he pulled away and squeezed his mother's cheeks, "I'm accepted to work with Wu's Company!"

 

And his words totally made his mother and Gayoung to gasp after knowing the truth. "Really?!" Lin asked him again with her shocking face. Gayoung was still couldn't believe that he was accepted to be working with Wu's Company. Luhan nodded his head with a smile plastered on his face. "Yes! I got a call just now, saying that I'm accepted to be working with the company and I'll be starting tomorrow." He said happily. Lin felt elated to know the good news from her son and fresh liquids were formed in her eyes. She gave a big hug for his only son. "Congratulations, my dear son. I'm happy to know about it," She said while rubbing his back many times. Luhan chuckled, "Thanks, mom. I never thought that they picked me to work with them."

 

"That's because you're lucky enough, oppa. Congratulations! It's good to know that you're accepted!" Gayoung congratulated him with a smile plastered on her face. Luhan pulled away after hugging his mother and turned to look at Gayoung who was smiling sweetly at him. Luhan moved closer to her and pulled her into a hug.

 

"Thank you, Youngie-ah. I'll try to work hard so that I can help both of you," he said before pulling away. His eyes stared deeply into her eyes. Gayoung chuckled with his words, "You better work hard or I'll punish you," Gayoung joked, making Luhan and his mother to laugh. "Arraseo, I will." He said.

 

The next day, Luhan was ready with his white shirt and necktie as he was going to start his first day, working with Wu's Company. 

 

 

He fixed his outfit neatly before walking out from his bedroom, heading to the dining room for breakfast. His mother and Gayoung has waited for him at the dining table. And just when his mother saw her son, she smiled.

 

"Good morning, mom, Gayoung!" Luhan greeted as he took a seat beside Gayoung. They greeted him back with smiles. "I never thought my son can be so good-looking today," Lin said while spreading some butter on a slice of bread. Luhan blushed and Gayoung just chuckled after hearing that.

 

"I'm always being good-looking, mom." Luhan laughed when he said those words. Gayoung couldn't help but smile as she fed herself with the bread that Lin served for her. "I know you're good-looking enough." His mother replied and munched the bread. Luhan's lips curled upwards and continued to eat.

 

After having their breakfast, Luhan headed to the front door, wearing his black leather shoes. Lin and Gayoung stood near by the door before he left to work on his first day. Luhan patted his white shirt and took his bag from his mother's hand.

 

"I'm going now, mom, Gayoung. Take care," he said. Lin nodded her head meanwhile Gayoung just smiled. "Arraseo..Work well and do take care of yourself too." Lin reminded to his son before he started to leave the house. He bid his goodbye and went to his car. Gayoung heard the car engine from the outside and slowly, the sound disappeared. She knew exactly that Luhan has left the house.

 

Lin turned to look at Gayoung who stood still at there, "Come on, dear. Let's get in first," she said while closing the door. Gayoung's hand tried to reach for Lin's arm and finally she found it. Gayoung held and squeezed it softly, making the woman to meet her eyes with hers.

 

"Umma, can I go to the coffee shop with you? I want to accompany you at there from now on."

 

"But, you'll get bored when you're spending your time at there."

 

Gayoung smiled, "No, I won't. It's bored for me to stay alone in this house. At least, I can smell the coffee scent when I'm spending my time at there." Gayoung's request made the woman to smile. She knew that Gayoung has been staying in the house ever since Luhan worked at there and she haven't visit the café after the incident that happened on her. Lin understood that Gayoung wanted to spend her time at there and she thought that Gayoung could accompany her.

 

"Okay then. We'll go there together," was what Lin said to Gayoung. It totally made the young lady to smile widely after hearing that.

 

---

 

Luhan entered the Wu's Company and quickly headed to the receptionist. A lady was sitting at there while her fingers were running on a white keyboard. She looked up when Luhan greeted him.

 

"Yes, sir. May I help you?" She said politely with a smile. "I'm a new worker in this company and today is my first day. I was told to inform at here first," Luhan replied.

 

"Oh, really? Can I know your name, sir?" "Xi Luhan." He answered. The lady nodded her head, "Alright, Mr.Xi. Wait a moment, please," she said before calling someone. Luhan stood there and waited like what she said. It took a few minutes for the lady to talk with the person through the phone. When she ended up the call, she looked back at Luhan with a smile plastered on her face.

 

"Mr. Xi, I just got an information from the person that I called just now. He told you to wait for him for a few minutes as he will be here to show your new office. You may have a seat first," the lady said as she lead him to the black leather couch. Luhan understood and nodded his head, "Alright then. Thank you for telling."

 

"You're welcome, Mr. Xi." She bowed before went back to her place. Luhan sat on the couch and sighed heavily. He was too nervous to start his day in the company. He kept playing with his fingers and bit his lower lip to get rid with his nervous. As he waited about five minutes, a guy approached him at the place where he was waiting.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Mr. Xi," he said with a smile carved on his face. Luhan looked up and he quickly stood up when he saw him. He bowed, "Annyeonghaseyo." He greeted back. The guy shook his hand with him, "I'm Choi Minho, one of the managers under Human Resources Management of Wu's Company," he introduced himself and Luhan saw his name tag showing his name. Luhan smiled, "I'm Xi Luhan. It's nice to meet you, Mr. Choi." Luhan said politely.

 

"Nice to meet you too, Mr. Xi. So, you're the one that I called last night, aren't you?"

 

Luhan nodded at his words. "You're here on time. Anyway, let's not waste our time at here. Come on, I'll show you the place around this company and your new office."

 

Luhan obeyed and grabbed his bag before following Minho to have a tour around the big company.

 

Minho really helped and explained everything to Luhan about a few things that were going to be related with his works. He didn't want Luhan become awkward in order starting his day as a new worker in the company. He even brought him to his new office and met with his new officemates. Luhan was glad that Minho was being kind enough to help him by explaining everything.

 

"So, I guess that's all for today. I hope you can work hard for the company," Minho said. Luhan smiled, "I will try my best, Mr. Choi."

 

"Great. You can talk to me if you need any helps," Minho replied before excusing himself to leave Luhan at there. When he disappeared, Luhan took a deep breathe as he sat on his chair. He was happy that finally he got a chance to work at there. Luhan took a chance to spend his time about fifteen minutes by reading the history about Wu's Company so that he could know more information about it. As he was busy reading, someone came from his side, caused him to shifted his attention the person who stood beside him.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo~" A soft voice approached him. It belongs to a young lady who gave a smile for him. Luhan stood up and bowed, "Nae, annyeonghaseyo."

 

"Are you Mr. Xi Luhan?" She asked politely and earned a nod from him. "It's nice to meet you, Mr. Xi. I'm Sulli, Mr. Wu's secretary and he's the CEO of this company." Luhan gulped when he knew that the CEO's secretary came to meet him. "I-It's ncie to meet you too, Ms. Sulli." He said, stuttered. Sulli chuckled with his reaction, "I heard that you're the new worker and today is your first day. Am I right?"

 

"Yes, miss." Luhan said. Sulli carved a smile, "Anyway, I'm here to tell you that Mr. Wu wanted to meet you in his room," she said. Luhan shocked.

 

"W-What? Meet me in his room? What did I do?"

 

Sulli chuckled when Luhan became panic, "Don't worry, Mr.Xi. He's not going to scold you or do anything. He just want to see you in his room. That's all." "Oh, I see."

 

"So, come on, Mr. Xi. Let me show you the way to his room," Sulli said nicely before leading Luhan the way to the room of the CEO of Wu's Company. Luhan could feel that his hands became cold because of too nervous. He was a bit scared to meet with the CEO especially when it was his first day.

 

"Mr. Wu always requests to see hi new workers on their first day. For him, it's better to let his workers to know him in order to work with him." Sulli explained when she realized that Luhan was nervous. Finally, they've reached at the CEO's room and both of them stood at the door. Sulli knocked the door twice and the owner told them to enter. Without saying much, Luhan followed Sulli from behind and entered the room. It was a big room and looked comfortable enough for the owner. Luhan saw that the owner was sitting on the black leather chair while facing the window, watching the scenery of Seoul.

 

"Mr. Wu, I've brought Mr. Xi and he's here," Sulli said. Slowly, he spun around with his chair, meeting his eyes with Luhan. He smiled, "Thanks, Sulli. You may leave now," he said. She bowed and dragged her legs to the door, leaving both of them in the room. "Have a seat first," Kris said and Luhan thanked him before sitting on a chair.

 

"Today is your first day?" Luhan nodded his head when Kris viewed his profile. He read all of the details that was written in the file about his new worker, carefully.

 

"Xi Luhan, do you have any experiences working with other companies?"

 

"No, sir."

 

"And this is your first time?"

 

"Yes, sir."

 

"I see. And even you graduated from one of well-known university in South Korea," Kris said while reading  it more. "You're Chinese?"

 

"Yes, I am." Luhan answered politely. Kris was glad to know about it and he closed the file as he put it back on his table.

 

"I called you because I want to make sure that you're really serious to work with this company. I don't want to have any workers that don't even know how to work and waste their times at here." Kris explained. "And I hope that you can work hard when you're working with me," he continued.

 

"I will try my best, sir." "Good. Since you're still new in here, make sure you refer to the others and ask for their helps. I'm pretty sure they can help you."

 

Kris was serious on that time. He just didn't want his worker to think that he is an easy person and they could do anything they wanted in his company. He is very strict when it comes about work. Luhan gave a nod as he understood with what Kris said to him.

 

"You may leave now. Work well and good luck on your first day," Kris said nicely to him. Luhan stood up and bowed, "Thank you, sir." Was what he said before leaving the room. He felt relief after he closed the door. "He looked so young to be the CEO of the company. What a lucky guy." Luhan whispered to himself.

 

---

 

"Gayoung-ah, your hot chocolate is at 12 o'clock direction," Lin told her when she served the hot chocolate on the table. Gayoung's lips curled upwards when she heard hear voice, "Arraseo. Thank you, umma." Lin rubbed her head softly before went back to the kitchen to do some works. Gayoung sat at the corner of the coffee shop while enjoying her hot chocolate.

 

Nothing could be seen but still she could hear some of the customers were having their conversations in the coffee shop. The coffee scent filled the whole shop and Gayoung really loved it.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo. What would you like to have for today, sir?" The worker asked when a customer stood at the marble counter. It was Kris. And even, it was the first time for him to go to the coffee shop and get his drink by himself. Usually, he would asks from his secretary to get one for him.  "Nae, annyeonghaseyo. Erm, I would like to have one Iced Vanilla Latte," he ordered. The worker pressed the key on the computer screen as she understood with his order. "Wait a moment, sir." She said, politely before headed to get it for him. He waited at there patiently and his eyes went wild to look around the coffee shop. And then, his eyes landed on a figure that looked familiar to him. He frowned.

 

"Isn't that the girl that I met  in my company?" He questioned himself when he saw Gayoung at the corner of the coffee shop. "What is she doing at here? I thought she's blind." Kris kept asking himself again until the worker snapped him back to the reality. "Sir, here's your Iced Vanilla Latte." Kris took his drink and paid for it. He thanked her and dragged his legs toward the place where Gayoung was sitting.

 

By the time he stopped beside her, Gayoung could smell his scent and she titled her head. She guessed that someone could be standing beside her.

 

"We meet again," a deep voice approached her. Gayoung frowned, "Yes?"

 

"It's me. The father of the boy that you saved in the mall. Don't you remember?" Gayoung tried to remember back the moment. His voice was familiar to her. Slowly, she formed a smile for him. "Of course I am. Never thought we could meet again," Gayoung said. Kris cleared his throat while his eyes were still on her, "Uhm, can I join with you at here? Or you're spending your time with someone else?"

 

"Sure, have a seat. I'm not spending my time with anyone."

 

Kris took a seat opposite with her and he placed his drink on the table. "So, why you're here? I mean, shouldn't you be at here with someone who can take care of you?" Kris was curious to know when a blind girl like her could be sitting there alone.

 

Gayoung let out a chuckle, "I came here with my mother. She's the owner of this coffee shop. It's bored to stay alone in the house."

 

"I see. Glad to know that you're not coming here alone." Gayoung smiled sweetly and took a sip of her drink. "I don't even know your name, yet."

 

"Sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Lee Gayoung. I'll be turning to 23 years old this year. And you?"

 

"My name is Kris. 25 years old. It's nice to know you, Gayoung." Kris said, before shaking his hand with her. Gayoung carved another smile for him, "Yeah, me too."

 

"By the way, you told me that your guy best friend went for an interview at Wu's Company, right?"

 

She nodded her head, "Yes. And he is accepted to be working in that company. Wait a minute, aren't you working in the same company as him too?"

 

Kris froze for a moment. "Yeah, we're working in the same company. But I'm from another department so I haven't meet him yet," he lied. He didn't want to tell her that he is the CEO of Wu's Company or else Gayoung would be shocked to know the truth. Gayoung just nodded her head, "It's okay. I'm really glad to know that he is accepted to be working with that company," Gayoung added. Kris just listened to her and tried to change the topic.

 

Lin came out from the kitchen and stopped when she saw Gayoung was talking with Kris. She formed a frown to see her daughter talking with someone that she didn't know.

 

"Who's that guy?" Lin questioned herself, almost whispering. Just by seeing Gayoung's face with a  smile, she decided not to take it as a serious matter. "Probably he's just her friend." She shrugged and went to the counter to help her workers.

 

When Kris was talking with Gayoung, his phone rang and they stopped to talk. He looked at his phone screen and it was a call from his beloved son, Jihoo.

 

"Wait a minute, I'm going to answer this call." Kris told her before answering it. "Hello."

 

"Appa! Where are you?"

 

"Oh, Jihoo-ah.. I'm meeting with my friend.. What's wrong, my dear?"

 

"I miss you.. Come back home soon.."

 

"Hahaha.. Arraseo.. Appa will be back home soon, okay? Wait for me, alright?"

 

"Nae, arraseo! I love you, appa!"

 

"I love you too, dear."

 

Kris ended up the phone call with a smile plastered on his face. Gayoung heard his conversation with Jihoo and she knew that it was a call from his son.

 

"Your son?" She asked. "Yes. He said that he missed me and wanted me to go back home as soon as possible. That kid." Kris laughed in his words. Gayoung chuckled when she knew about it, "So cute. What's his name? How old is he?" "Jihoo. He'll be turning to 4 years old this year."

 

"I bet he wanted to spend his time with you and his mother," Gayoung's words caused Kris's smile to fade away. She didn't even know that he lost his wife ever since she gave birth to his first child. Gayoung felt like something went wrong when Kris didn't response. "Kris?"

 

"Actually, my wife has passed away after she gave birth to my first child. Jihoo never get a chance to see his mother."

 

Gayoung bit her lower lip, feeling guilty to say something like that. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't mention about it earlier."

 

"It's okay. You didn't know at first." Kris said to her. He just didn't want Gayoung to feel bad because of it. Gayoung understood how Jihoo felt since she's an orphan, without her parents by her side. Luckily, there was Lin that took her from the orphanage and adopted her. But she never know how does her parents look alike.

 

Then, there was another call from Kris's cell phone. He sighed when he looked at the number. It was a call from his office.

 

"Gayoung-ssi, I'm sorry but I need to answer this call, again." "It's okay, Kris. I don't mind at all." Gayoung said nicely. Kris thanked her and answered the phone call.

 

"Mr. Kris, sorry for disturbing but you have an appointment with  Mr. Nam at 3 o'clock."

 

"Aish, I forgot about that. Alright then. Thanks for telling me. I'll be there soon."

 

Kris ended up the call and looked at Gayoung who was taking her last sip of the hot chocolate. "Gayoung-ssi, I think that I have to leave now. I have to go back to my office. There's an important thing to do. I'm really sorry."

 

"It's okay. No need to say sorry."

 

Kris smiled when he heard her words. He stood up and took his drink from the table, "Thanks. I hope we can meet again one day. It's nice to chat with you. Take care of yourself."  Her lips curled upwards, "Me too. Take care of yourself too." Kris bid his goodbye before leaving Gayoung at there alone.

 

"Who's that guy?" Lin voice was heard when Kris left the coffee shop. Gayoung was a bit shocked to hear it and rubbed her chest a few times. "Umma, you almost made me to get a heart attack." Gayoung took a breathe before saying, "My friend. He's the father of the boy that I met at the mall."

 

"Ah, I see. He's such a good-looking guy. Is he trying to flirt with you when his wife is not around?" Lin asked as she was curious.

 

"No. He's not. His wife passed away when she gave birth to their first child. Poor Jihoo. He lost his mother since he was born."

 

"Jihoo?" "His son's name." Lin didn't ask much about it. She had a few works to continue and excuse herself. Gayoung understood with the situation and let her to continue her works. Gayoung leaned on the chair while taking a deep  breathe.

 

"I just hope that I can meet his son again in the future." She thought in her mind before closing her eyes.

 

 

 

 


 

A/N: Hello readers~ Okay, I know you guys have been waiting quite long for the update. I went to my hometown for almost two weeks. And maybe some of you saw that I was online. Tbh, I did online when I was in hometown. I got the internet connection from my uncle and I could only online just with my mobile. But here I am, updating my stories again.. I hope you guys like it. I'll be happy if you leave your feedback about the new update. Do subscribe ! Thanks for reading~ :)