nine

Lost In Your Heart [~]

 

"Thanks for willing to be here and spend your time with my grandson." Mrs. Wu said while holding Jihoo's hand. Gayoung's lips formed a smile to hear it and she bowed, "It's fine, Mrs. Wu. I just love to spend my free time with him. Right, Jihoo?" Gayoung's eyes wandered as if she was looking for Jihoo.

 

The little kid grabbed her hand and held it tightly, "Gayoung-nim, you should come here often. Dad gets busy all the time and it's bored to play alone."

 

Gayoung chortled and her hand found its way to touch his cheek, "I will. We should meet up anywhere and I'll treat you an ice cream."

 

Mrs. Wu smiled since she has finally get to see the smile on her grandson's face. Jihoo isn't the type that would easily get along with someone. It seemed like Gayoung has her own aura to attract the little kid. Jane observed them from the upstairs, glaring at Gayoung. If only glare could kill someone.

 

"Do come here again, Gayoung-ssi." Mrs. Wu held her hand softly, assuring her that it would be okay for her to be there often. Gayoung nodded her head, "Sure. You can call me in case Jihoo is bored and need to play with someone." She replied before unfolding her stick, "I guess, I should leave now. My mom must be worrying about me."

 

"Let me tell the driver to send you." Gayoung shook her head after hearing it. "It's okay, Mrs. Wu. I can go home by myself."

 

"No. You need to get someone to send you home. I'm scared to let you go, alone."

 

Gayoung nodded her head, as she heard how she cared about her safety. To be honest, Gayoung wasn’t brave enough to go home alone. Anything could happen on her.

 

Mrs. Wu helped to send her to the car. Gayoung bowed again before leaving, "Thank you, Mrs. Wu. I'll get going now. See you later."

 

"Sure. Take care."

 

"Bye, Gayoung-nim!" Jihoo giggled while waving his hand to her even though he knew that she wouldn’t be able to see it. Gayoung smiled, "Bye."

 

With then, she hopepd in the car at the back seat before closing the door. Soon, the car disappeared from the house area, leaving Jihoo who was still standing at the outside.

 

His grandmother rubbed his head and bent down to his level, "Why?"

 

"Why Gayoung-nim can't stay with us? You should let her sleep here with me." He pouted, holding his favorite plushie in his hand. Mrs. Wu grinned to see how he could think in that way about her. She pinched his nose, "You like her, don't you?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"Well, you need to know that it's too early for her to sleep here. I don't think she wants. You just get to know with her, though. Maybe once both of you are close enough, then, you'll be able to invite her to sleep in this house. Okay?"

 

Jihoo nodded his head once she finished explaining to him. Mrs. Wu ruffled his head and gave a peck on his cheek. "Now, you should go and get your shower. Your dad will be home soon."

 

"Okay, grandma!" He replied, excitedly and get inside the house. She shook her head to see his attitude. "That kid." She chuckled.

 

Jane appeared out of nowhere when Mrs. Wu were in the living room. Her smile was wide and she took a seat on a couch.

 

"Oh, Jane. Did you get your rest?" Mrs. Wu shot the question when she saw the young lady on the couch.

 

"I'm not tired, aunt. I just feel like to spend my time with you. There's a lot of thing I want to share." She grinned. Mrs. Wu carved a smile for her, "What is it?"

 

"I'll be staying here from now on. I won't be back to Canada."

 

Mrs. Wu was shocked to hear her words, "Really? And you didn’t tell me?"

 

"I just decided to tell you once I'm here. Besides, I want to spend more time with you, Kris and Jihoo. Looks like Jihoo and Kris need more time with me. Poor Jihoo. He lost hisㅡ"

 

"Don't mention it, Jane. Jihoo can be sensitive when it comes about his mother. He might hear us."

 

"Sorry." Jane lowered her gaze when she heard that stern voice from Mrs. Wu. "It's okay. I'll try my best to make Jihoo becomes happy from now on. You can count on me, aunt." Jane said, excitedly. Hoping that her plan was going to work again this time.

 

"Jane, it's not like I don't like seeing you to make him happy all the time. You know, Jihoo isn't the type that easily get closer with anyone."

 

"But how did he get to know with that blindㅡ" Mrs. Wu eyed Jane when she couldn’t finish her words. "I mean, that lady who came earlier." Jane changed her words. She bit her lower lip, realizing that she chose the wrong word to say. Geez, she's blind and what's wrong with it? Don't tell me that she did cast her spell on Jihoo and his grandma!

 

"Jihoo knew her when she helped him at the mall. And they ended up to get to know each other. Kris was the one who called her to be here and play with him."

 

Jane gasped, "Kris called her?"

 

Mrs. Wu nodded, "Yeah. And it looks like Kris allows her to play with Jihoo since that little boy likes her very much."

 

Jane started to get worry, "Aunt, you shouldn't let Kris invites someone that he just know to play with Jihoo. What ifㅡ"

 

"Stop making bad thoughts, Jane. Gayoung is a nice girl. There's no way she would be doing such of things like that on him." Mrs. Wu defended Gayoung before Jane started to think bad things about her.

 

Jane pouted. Told ya. She did cast a spell on them. That girl shouldn’t exist! Jihoo might be liking her than me and it would be hard for me to be a part of Wu's family.

 

"Jane? Are you thinking about something?" Mrs. Wu snapped her back to the reality. Jane quickly shook her head and faked a smile, "N-No. I'm not. I'm going to my room first."

 

Jane stood up and Mrs. Wu nodded her head without saying much, "Yeah. I'll tell the maid to call you once the dinner is ready."

 

---

 

"Thank you, sir." Gayoung thanked the driver before she alighted from the car. She unfolded her stick and was about to open the gate but someone held her arm, stopping her from doing so.

 

"Gayoung-ah."

 

That voice. She used to hear that voice before. Her hands started to shake and her knees felt so weak upon hearing that voice again. She dropped her stick on the ground, started to breathe heavily.

 

"W..What's are you doing at here?" She asked, gritting her teeth. Her hands held the wall behind her.

 

He sighed, "What's happening with you? Why you're being like this?" He gripped her wrist, looking at her. Not believing to see her condition after it has been awhile.

 

Gayoung pulled her hand away. "Stop it. Stop acting like you care!" She yelled. She bit her bottom lip as if it was going to bleed anytime. She started to boil up with his appearance again.

 

"Gayoung-ah, I know I was wrongㅡ" "What?! Where were you when I need you?! When I was in the hospital?! When I found out that I couldn’t see anything anymore?!"

 

"No. Let me explain."

 

"There's nothing to explain, Kim Myungsoo."

 

"There is! You don't know the truth!"

 

"What again?! You're going to tell me that you know nothing?! That you left to Japan without letting me know?!" She yelled again, not letting him to have a chance to explain. Myungsoo kneeled in front of her, holding her hands, "I'm sorry. I was wrong. I shouldn't leave you alone."

 

"Why?! You didn’t answer my calls when I need you and now you're here?! Go back, Myungsoo-ah. Go."

 

"I'm not leaving until you forgive me." He begged, still holding your hands tightly. Gayoung pulled her hands away and held her tears from falling on her cheeks. "Enough."

 

"Please."

 

"You said you would be there for me but you lied. Everything is over, Myungsoo. There's nothing you can say. It's over."

 

Gayoung quickly went to open the gate and enter the house. Myungsoo stood up and stared at her, biting his lips. "Gayoung-ah. I'll be here to get your heart again. I'll do anything as long as you will forgive me. Gayoung-ah!"

 

Gayoung heard him shouting from the outside as she entered the house and locked the door. She couldn’t hold it anymore and leaned against the door, hugging her knees and cried.

 

Where have you been? Where did you go when I need you? I'm sorry, Kim Myungsoo. I'm sorry.

 

 

---

 

That night, Gayoung sat on her bed, opened the window to let the cold breeze brushed her skin. Her mind thoughts and remembered all of the memories that she shared with Kim Myungsoo before.

 

Everything was too painful to be remembered.

 

"Promise me that you won't leave me." Gayoung said as she pinched his cheek. "Yah! That's hurt!" Myungsoo knocked her head.

 

"You hurt me!" Gayoung pouted, only to earn laughter from her boyfriend. "What's wrong? Is it hurt?"

 

She stuck her tongue out, "It would be more hurt if you leave me."

 

Myungsoo hugged her, caressing her hair, "I won't leave you. No matter what happens. Remember that."

 

She pulled away and held out her pinky, "Promise?"

 

Myungsoo looked down at her pinky and curled with his pinky. He nodded with a smile, "Yeah. Promise."

 

She had a big fight with Myungsoo and they weren't contacting each other for a few days before the accident happened on her. She called him many times but there was no responses. She thought that he really left her for real.

 

She waited for him day by day and he doesn't even care to find her. She decided to change her phone number and forget everything about him for what he had done.

 

It was too much for her when she needed him the most during her hard time.

 

Tears rolled down on her cheeks again.

 

"Why is my Youngie crying again?" Luhan's voice snapped her back to the reality and she quickly wiped her tears. "No. I'm not."

 

"I saw it." He said before taking a seat on the bed. He stared at her face. Her eyes were swollen. He knew, she cried a lot when he wasn't with her. He held her hand, "Tell me, what's wrong?"

 

Gayoung sniffed before another tears fell on her cheeks again, "Oppa, is it bad for me to not forgive someone?"

 

Luhan raised a brow and thought for a moment, "Depends on what he did to you. Why? Did someone hurt you just now?"

 

Gayoung shook her head, "No."

 

"Then?"

 

"It's Kim Myungsoo."

 

Luhan's face expression changed, "Aish, that jerk!"

 

"Oppa, he came."

 

"What?!" Luhan was shocked. He gritted his teeth and sighed, "And he's here after we have been waiting for him for such a long time?!"

 

Gayoung lowered her head, "I felt guilty when I heard him crying and begging to me."

 

"Gayoung-ah…"

 

"What should I do? I didn’t mean to hurt him."

 

Luhan let out a big sigh and he squeezed her hand, comforting her, "You know, it wasn’t your fault to feel guilty. He's the one who should be feeling in that way. Where did he go when you needed him? And he doesn’t even try to find you."

 

"I know. I hate him. A lot. But I do wish that he will be back again and promise to be by my side. And it seems like the pain in my heart is too much. I might get hurt again."

 

Luhan pulled her into a hug and her hair. She couldn’t hold it anymore and cried even more. "It's okay. Cry as much as you want. Think whatever is the best for you. Remember, I'll be here by your side and I won't ever leave you. Never."

 

Gayoung hugged him tightly, not wanting to let him go. She knew that Luhan is the only one who wouldn't disappoint her. And he's the only person that she could rely on; when she needed someone by her side.

 


 

And yeah, another character is added in the story. It's Kim Myungsoo, everyone!  Hope you enjoyed with the new update :)