Chapter 19

Unforgivable Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day after Father was suddenly hospitalized. I greeted the morning in the waiting room. i hadn't even had a wink of sleep.

In the end, there's no explanation from the doctor yet. I heaved a sigh.

My father's condition was unpredictable, and the doctor spent all his time and attention on him. My brother also waited for as long as he could, but reluctantly went to the office.

The situation is so dangerous it can't be even explained.

Next to me there was one empty can, it was one my mother put her cigar in. In the end mother didn't accuse any further. Still it was obvious that she knew our relationship.

When i was still in deep thought, the doctor called me out and explained about Father's condition, the doctor chose his words carefully and told me father was in serious condition.

"As i thought.." I mumbled. "However, he is currently stable, he passed the difficult stage. Though i don't know when he will be able to discharge" He explained.

Father was saved. "I'm glad..." I thanked the doctor and then went outside the hospital.

Father is fine, ah i need to tell my brother. As i about to take my phone out someone called my name.

"Jessica." I saw Siwon walking towards me, i haven't seen his face since that night tho'

"Have you just returned now?" He asked. "Yeah."

"How's your father's condition?"

"Thanks to everyone's help, he's manage to recover." I smiled politely. "That's great! Yesterday he couldn't move at all, i couldn't come straight away, but i'm relieved."

"Thank you very much." We didn't say anything after that and he started saying something, but looked away like he was hesitating.

"Jessica, do you have time? Let's sit over there." After we sat on the block of shruberry, Siwon continued talking it was difficult to him.

"Jessica, do you understand the current condition of the Lee group?"

"No, i don't know anything about the company." I tilted head.

He scratched his head. "I see.. the truth is the Lee group situation is very dangerous, the outward appearance is firm but...Almost all of the divisions cannot earn a profit. It appears that only the Lee brand is managing to hold everything together."

"Well..that's.." I shrugged. It's not like i don't care but i really know nothing about the company.

"With the next settlement of accounts and at the general meeting of stockholders, this will become common knowledge." He continued. "My brother didn't say anything about that."

He sighed. "Donghae is doing valiantly, now matter how much he is suffering, he won't show it on his face. That is a very important quality for a businessman. However, he must be fighting against unfathomable pressure within himself."

I couldn't believe Siwon was saying all of this so solemnly. "What will happen to the Lee group?"

"It's such an immense group, it would not just disappear overnight, but at the very least, the group would be cut down and the management scale reduced. It probably cannot escape a reform in the management."

"By refrom in the management?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter