Chapter 20

Unforgivable Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My mother sat down on the sofa too and brought the ashtray closer to her as she started to speak.

"You and Donghae... you couldn't be..."

I stuttered. "W-why are you bringing that up now? don't talk about things that aren't even related!" My mother looked at me. "It's related to the reconstruction of the Lee group."

When she saw me being silent, she continued. "Marry Donghae."

"What are you saying mom, we're brother and sister!"

"You're not related by blood, so you two can get married."

"That's true, but marriage is...." I kept insist. "It's fine as long as you like each other, right? haven't you already had ?" My mother raised an eyebrow.

"That's....i-"

"You don't have to hide it, i can tell. You are my daughter" She smiled then she clapped her hands. "So the biggest problem has been solved, with that, the Lee group reconstruction can go smoothly."

"What are you saying?"

"The two of you were raised together as siblings during puberty but you started to like each other, that was a problem. But it seems like i don't need to worry." My mother leaned against the sofa.

"C-could you possibly have been hoping for this outcome, mother?" I can't believe this.

But my mother didn't answer my question and keep talking. "A wealthy son and a humble daughter from a  previous marriage, for those two people to overcome their relationship as siblings and get married, don't you think it's wonderful?" My mother clapped and turned to me. I didn't respond my mother and just staring at her.

"Your marriage can appeal as the rejuvenated image of the Lee group, the second is stock prices. Investor will buy stocks from the company that's being talked about, regardless of the management situation, the stocks will definitely go up."

"Publicity and stocks..." I mumbled as i thinking hard about this. My mother tapped my shoulder. "Plus, while we have the authority, we'll cut off the old divisions that are dragging down the group. Then the Lee group will be protected.

I don't really understand management, i thought the way my mother explained things were a little simple. "Will that really make the Lee group?" I asked her.

"Well, the chance that my plan will succeed is about thirty percent. i know it's like gambling but if we wait now the group will without a doubt disappear. Of course, if we ask for help from someone like Siwon, we'd be bound to fail. In order to save the Lee family is gamble. I'm gambling with your marriage and Donghae.

I shook head. "L-like i said, i can't marry oppa for a reason like that."

"Don't be so naive Jessica!" Suddenly my mother seized my shoulder and turned me towards her so she could look at me directly. "I refuse to be poor, i'd rather die than being poor!"

"mom..."

"If that person dies now, i won't even receive a penny if the Lee group falls, you know? your fate and mine depend on that boy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the evening, i was told by my brother that t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter