Chapter 11

Unforgivable Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the morning, i woke up to a shrill honking noise.

"W-what?!" When i looked at my alarm clock, it was already nine.

"This is bad! i'm definitely late!" Even while i was hurriedly changing into a suit, the honking continued as if to hurry me more.

"Gosh, i get it!"

I was changing into my suit while brushing my teeth. I grabbed my make-up set and flew out of the room while pressing down my bed head. When i left the foyer, i saw car right in front. Timidly, i looked inside. My brother, not looking very happy, was still honking the horn.

"I'm sorry! I slept in!"

"You're late! Didn't you set your alarm clock properly!"

"That's why i said i'm sorry! Let's hurry up and go okay?"

"Man..." He rolled eyes. 

Like that, we departed for San Francisco.

Even after a while, my brother's mood didn't improve.

"For a Lee family member to be putting on make-up in the car....it's unthinkably disgraceful."

"There's no way around it, right? since i didn't have enough time to put make-up on." I said as i putting on my make-up.

"Did you read that book on manners? What part of you is like a lady?"

"It's because i read that book until late at night that i couldn't wake up, Since somebody said to memorize it all in three days." I glanced at my brother.

"So you're saying that it's my fault?! In the first place, if you use that sort of language in San Francisco, you know you'll be driven out right immediately, right?"

"I know! ah don't drive so recklessly. my mascara will look weird!"

"Do you really understand..?" He sighed.

My brother's grandmoter lived in San Francisco, where we were going. I would be greeting her anew as a proper successor candidate.

"In the first place, there's no reason for me to worry about you, you know?" said my brother again. "Since i'm against you as successor."

"What- you're probably just scared of going by yourself, right?" I mocked him.

"There's no way i'd be s-scared right..." 

His grandmother was a very strict person, and even my brother can't compete her at all. That's obviously the same for me.

I poked him. "Hey, what do you think your grandmother will say?"

"That you should put on less make-up?"

"Tch...that's not it! I meant regarding how i might succeed."

"...Who knows" he shrugged. "However, be prepared to be told harsh things."

"Okay..."

Grandmother has never smiled even once for me, a child from a previous marriage. I heard that the one who opposed Father's remarriage to mother until the very end was also my grandmother in San Francisco. She definitely won't accept me, i wonder if she'll tell me to leave the Lee family immediately.

When we arrived at the estate in San Fracisco, we were immediately taken to a wide Korean-style room. Grandmother was already waiting inside. She looked at us and quietly bowed.

"How have you been, Grandmother? I apologize for not coming to visit."

"How have you been?" I greeted her too.

"Thank you for coming from such a long ways away." She bowed back at us. "First, Donghae, you must be tired from staying in New York for so long. Please assist us so as not to waste what you learnt there."

"Please leave it to me. I plan to do various things in order for the group to.." My brother slighly chuckled then she cut him off.

"Leaving that aside, what has happened with your engagement?"

"Eh?"

"I thought that surely you would have brought your fiancee, Yoona. You won't tell me that you've annulled the engagement, will you?" Saw my brother just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter