Chapter 24

Unforgivable Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days after Yoona had fainted, i was preparing to go out in order to take care of my father as usual.

Knock knock! "Jessica, are you still there?" I heard my mother outside. "Mom, i'm here." After hearing my voice, she opened the door by herself and came in.

"I told you didn't i? I told you to keep a hold on the reins!" My mother seemed furious.

"W-what are you talking about?"

"I was talking to Donghae on the phone earlier, since he won't be coming back to the estate for a little while, i asked him why. He was rather curt with me when he said he wouldn't return for a while. Then, when i asked him about his marriage with you, he said forget about the marriage with Jessica, it's not the time for that!"

"......." i didn't say anything. "What happened? don't tell me he's already bored of you."

"There's no way i'd know whether that's true or not, right?"

"Where is he anyway? Is he not coming back because he doesn't want to be together with you?" 

"Donghae oppa is with Yoona i think." My mother frowned. "Yoona? didn't he hate her? why are they together again? Could  it have something to do with Yoona's illness?"

I nodded slowly. "Probably.."

"So, he's waiting on her because he got all soft-hearted when he saw his ex-fiance with a serious illness? what an idiot! what will he do if his dad dies while he's playing house, call him back to the estate now! if you asked him instead of me, maybe he'll heard. God, why is that woman doing this right now!"

My mother slammed the door violently as she left.

"Forget....about the marriage..." I mumbled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When i entered Father's room at the hospital, my brother and Yoona were there.

"Jessica, you're early today."

"Ah yes oppa, Yoona are you feeling well?"

Yoona smiled at me as she responded. "Since i had a medical examination scheduled, i came by to see how your father was doing."

"Ah, i see.. thank you very much." I bowed my head.

"I'm grateful that you came to visit even though you are not feeling well yourself." My father spoke to Yoona. "You can stop speaking so formally." Said my brother.

"Really, please do. i think of you like my real father." Yoona smiled at my father. I just stood there in silent. "I truly appreciate it."

"No,  it'll really be that way soon, dad you and Yoona will be recognized as father and daughter."

I just wanted to storm out of this room quickly but i can't.

"What are you saying, Donghae?"

My brother walked toward Yoona and wrapped his arm around Yoona's shoulder. "We're going to get married, we had at one point rethought our engagement, but in the end we decided to be together."

"We must have worried you, we must have worried you as well Jessica." Yoona spoke to me, i just stared blankly at everyone without saying anything.

"Then what will you tell to the press? Right now, the Lee family has become the world's object of curiosity. You'll be bringing a new topic."

My brother blinked few times. "Dad, you knew?"

"Yesterday, your mom came, and talked about a variety of things with me."

Despite no one is talking, Yoona spoke. "Donghae op

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter