two

Unbreakable Love

Yonghwa heard the knock. “Go away,” he said.

But the one who knock didn’t listen to him. She still barged in. It’s her mother. “Yonghwa-ah.”

“Go away, eommonim.” He softly said.

Mrs.Jung sat beside her son on the bed. Her hand raised to caress Yonghwa’s head but he pulled away from her. “That Seohyun isn’t the one for you,” she said and looked at her son’s eyes.

Yonghwa stood up, fuming. “What do you guys know about Seohyun? Nothing! Nothing! NOTHING!” he raised his voice at his mother, questioning and answering by his own. Looked at his beloved mother furious.

“We’re your parents. And we know what best and not best for you, Yonghwa,” Mrs.Jung also stood up, “And we know that Seohyun is not the best for you.”

Yonghwa his dry lips and scoffed at it. “And you guys think what best for me is arrange a marriage for me?” he shot.

“Yes!” Mrs.Jung quickly answered.

“Bulls,” he muttered in low so that his mother wouldn’t hear it.

“What did you say?”

“Whatever. I don’t want that marriage. I don’t and I won’t” he pressed the ‘won’t’, “breakup with Seohyun. Never.”

“This is for the company. If you marry Juniel. Our company will be rich. We will be rich, Yonghwa!” his mother said and swept away Yonghwa’s bangs that almost poked his eyes.

“Money. Money. Money. You guys always think about money,” he coldly said. Then he pointed at himself, “What about me? My happiness?”

“Your happiness is when you marry Juniel. I know Juniel. She’s a really sweet girl. She’s different from others heiress. She can cook, clean the house, anything what a good wife suppose to be,” her mother tried to assure him again.

“Seohyun can do those things too,” he said.

“Gosh, Yonghwa! Could you stop talking about Seohyun?!” Mrs.Jung scolded.

“Then, stop talking about that ‘Juniel’ girl too!” Yonghwa replied.

Mrs.Jung inhaled and exhaled a couple of times to calm herself down. Yonghwa laid on the bed and pulled the blanket to his head. “Get out. I want to sleep,”

Mrs.Jung scoffed at her son’s attitude. So insolent. But, it’s already night and she’s tired too. So she gave up. She turned off the light before walked out of the room.

 

“Who’s that?”

Seohyun suddenly popped up behind Yonghwa’s back. Yonghwa chuckled and touched his chest.

“Omo. I thought I will have a heart attack if you do that next time,” he jokingly said and pinched Seohyun’s nose lightly. And so, he received a cute pout from his girlfriend. He looked at his phone and back to Seohyun. “It’s my mother,” he said.

Seohyun’s lips then became straight after she heard it. “What did your mother want?” she asked.

“It’s nothing. Don’t worry about it,” he said. “Where’s you grandma?” he turned the subject.

“She’s resting, sleeping,” Seohyun answered.

Yonghwa’s lips turned into ‘O’ and then he smiled. He pulled Seohyun’s hand to the living room and sat themselves on the couch. He reached the remote and the television, changing and changing the channel until he found any interesting shows.

“Tell me. What did your mother want?” Seohyun asked again and looked at Yonghwa suspiciously.

“It’s nothing,” he repeated.

“Jung Yong Hwa. Look at me,” Seohyun ordered.

Yonghwa whined, but finally listened to Seohyun and looked at her. “What?” he asked.

“What did your mother want?” This time, Seohyun asked with a gentle voice.

“It’s nothing,” Yonghwa looked to the other side and answered the same answer three times.

“You’re lying.”

“I’m not.”

“You always deny my stare if you’re lying,” Seohyun said and crossed her arms.

Yonghwa sighed and surrendered. His girlfriend knew him the best,  he loved it, but the other side of him, he didn’t love it. He finally looked at Seohyun in the eye and answered, “She just wants me to get home quickly,”

“Then go,” Seohyun simply said.

“No. I don’t want to leave you yet,” he whined and made puppy eyes. He leaned his head to Seohyun’s lap, and still with that puppy eyes technique.

Seohyun giggled and pinched both of Yonghwa’s cheeks. “Be a good boy. Your mother wants you home. Right now. Go home,” she patiently asked.

“Fine. But kiss first,” he said. Closing his eyes and pursing his lips. Seohyun silently laughed out loud with closing her face with her palms. Then, she took a doggy doll on the couch. Pressed the doggy’s lips to Yonghwa’s.

Yonghwa surprised and quickly sat up, he rubbed his mouth. “Yah!” he shouted. But Seohyun didn’t care and only laughed louder.

“Seo Joo Hyun. You are doom!” he said with raising his hands up high, moving his finger scarely. But before he could tickle Seohyun. Seohyun catched his wrists and gave a quick peck on his lips. He froze. Seohyun giggled and stood up, walking to her own room. “Don’t forget to lock the door and gate on the way out~” she sang before disappeard.

 

 

“Welcome home, Young Master. Your mother is waiting for you at the living room. She askes you to meet her there,” the maid that opened the door for Yonghwa said as she had let Yonghwa in.

They exchanged nod, after the maid left Yonghwa lazily stepped into the living room.

And he couldn’t help to show his unhappy and surprised face when he got there. There’s his parents. And guests. An old couple with a young adult woman between them. Mrs.Jung raised from her seat and approached Yonghwa with a big smile on her face.

“Yonghwa, you finally arrive,” she said. Slowly dragged Yonghwa to join with them.

The guests all stood up and friendly smiled to Yonghwa. Yonghwa smiled back to them and shook their hands one by one. He took Juniel’s hand and stared at her in the eyes for a while. Juniel shyly smiled sweetly to him.

This is the girl?, Yonghwa thought.

Yonghwa let go of her hand and took a seat.

“Looks like Yonghwa already has something with my daughter,” Mrs.Choi said, she laughed and patted Juniel’s shoulder.

Everybody in the room followed to laugh, except Yonghwa that just smiled and so was Juniel, but she looked awkward.

 

 

 

“Yonghwa?”

“Come in,” Yonghwa said.

“You’re going out?” Mrs.Jung asked.

Yonghwa smiled and shook his head. “I was. But, Seohyun suddenly said she has work to do. So, it’s cancel,” he answered.

“Good.  Do you mind to accompany me to the mall?”

Yonghwa looked at her mother, he felt something weird, but he just shrugged it off, “Sure,”

 

 

They stepped their feet inside the mall. “Where are we going, now?” Yonghwa asked.

“You’ll know,” her mother mysterily said it and just dragged her son to follow her.

They went in a Starbucks cafe. “Juniel,” Mrs.Jung happily squealed and left Yonghwa after she had found someone that she should meet. Yonghwa from behind followed her mother. He should have known.

“Ahjumma,” Juniel greeted. She stood up and bowed.

“Sit down, sit down,” Mrs.Jung said. She took the seat besides Juniel. Mrs Jung looked at Yonghwa that still stood up. “What’re you doing? Sit down,”

Yonghwa sighed and obeyed her mother.

“You have Juniel-ssi to accompany you to the mall. Why are you asking me, too?” Yonghwa asked.

Mrs.Jung laughed slightly and rested her hand on Yonghwa’s shoulder, “Oh, come on. Just accompany your mother won’t bother, right? I asked Juniel to join us too, so you couple can get close,” she said and glanced at Juniel one at a time.

“Eommonim!”

The son and mother stared at each other for a while. Yonghwa mad at her mother. She supposed to know that Yonghwa will never agree at his arranged marriage with Juniel. What she’s doing, was just a waste of time.

“You don’t want to join us, Yonghwa-ssi?” Yonghwa turned his head to Juniel, that sweetly asked. She blinked her eyes, tilted her head a little to the side.

“It’s not like that, Juniel-ssi. I—“

“Just call me Juniel,” Juniel cut.

Yonghwa stared at her. “Just call me Yonghwa, too, then,” Yonghwa politely said and smiled to her.

 

 

Yonghwa couldn’t help to feel that he actually enjoyed this hang out with his mother and the girl that arranged to be his wife someday(he still loved Seohyun). These both women looked so cute when they’re shopping. And Yonghwa became a gentleman, payed for all their purchases, his own money.

These women and one man after tired of shopping, they stepped their feet back to the Starbucks again.

Yonghwa was about to stand up, “What do you ladies one for drinks?”

But Juniel stopped him and humbly said that this times she would pay. Yonghwa thought for a while, but then he agreed at it.

Juniel arrived with the drinks. When she sat, Yonghwa’s mother stood up. And Juniel with Yonghwa together looked at Mrs.Jung confused.

Yonghwa’s mother threw an apologize smiled to the young adults. Said, she had a thing to do suddenly. And she left with her paperbags, and left the young adults alone at Starbucks.

Yonghwa eyed her mother until she definitely lost from his eyes. He didn’t know that she was lying or not. Maybe she lied, so she could left them alone, right? Maybe, she thought, they will got close, and Yonghwa will break up with Seohyun and married Juniel.

“Are you tired?” Juniel asked.

“Ha? No, no.” Yonghwa answered. And raised his eyebrows like asking, ‘What’s up?’

Yonghwa could see Juniel’s cheek got pinky all of sudden.

“I have... um... this movie,” Juniel stuttered, but Yonghwa didn’t stop her. He knew she still wanted to continue but nervous. “I like to watch. So,” Juniel grinned, “Do.. Do you want to?”

Yonghwa got it. She liked to watch this movie she wanted to watch with him. And she nervous.

“Do you want to watch it with me?” she quickly said it and took a sip at her coffee, didn’t dare to look at Yonghwa in the eyes.

“Sure,” Yonghwa answered.

“I’ll pay, ofcourse,” Juniel quickly added.

 

 

Seohyun put down her work when she heard the bell rung. She cleaned her hands and wiped it with her apron. Quickly removed her apron and jogged to the front door. Didn’t want the guest wait long. She opened the door and smiled awkwardly. She bowed to the guest.

“Come on in, ahjumma,” she said, gestured her hand to ask the guest to come in.


Ramonaapple's Note :

i'm so so so so soooo sorry ._.
because it takes me so long to update. so so so sorry.
and so so sorry too because this chapter is boring.
i'll try to make the next chapter much more interesting than this one, kay? ^^

 

DO SUSBCRIBE, COMMENT, AND UPVOTE THIS STORY<3
HIGHLY APPRICATE IT!