six

Unbreakable Love

“Yonghwa!”

Yonghwa frowned in his sleep when he heard a woman’s voice. A giggle.

“Can I open my eyes now?Seohyun asked and bit her bottom lip. Yonghwa shook his head, even though he knew that Seohyun wouldn’t see it, well, because she was closing her eyes plus Yonghwa put his hand in front of Seohyun’s eyes. Who knew maybe his girlfriend would be sneeky and opened her eyes, ruining his surprise for her.

“No. Just one more minute.” Yonghwa answered and grinned excitedly and happily. He couldn’t wait for Seohyun’s reaction later.

Seohyun gasped in surprise because suddenly her steps was stopped by an arm was around her. She giggled when she knew that was Yonghwa. “Now can I open my eyes?” Seohyun asked again. “Yes.” Yonghwa put down his hand and looked at Seohyun’s eyelid slowly opened. Yonghwa couldn’t help his foolish grin when he saw how twinkling were Seohyun’s eyes.

Yonghwa went closer and wrapped his arms around Seohyun. Seohyun looked at what in front of her in awe. Yonghwa dragged her all the way to a beach. It’s not just any beach, no. Yonghwa had decorated it. He placed lamps into a big heart shape. It’s quite simple, but Seohyun loved it. And in it, there was a picnic blanket with a green grapes, sandwiches, and wine.

“You make all of this. By yourself?” Seohyun narrowed her eyes at Yonghwa. Yonghwa proudly nodded and said ‘Yep’. Causing Seohyun to laugh.

Unconciously, Yonghwa gripped his pillow tighter. And his panting breath mumbled, “Seohyun.”

The night beach view suddenly changed into a green field and blue  sky with many white clouds. Yonghwa absentmindly looked around him. Until, his gaze dropped into a woman – sitting on swing with her back faced Yonghwa -. Yonghwa found that the woman was really familiar. He walked closer and closer to the woman. And, he didn’t realize that every steps he made, it was faster and faster, until he stopped right at the back of the woman. He didn’t know that woman. But, it’s like his body knew her. His hands... His hands had a strong urge to grabbed the woman and hugged her. But, Yonghwa wouldn’t do it. Because, he didn’t even know who was this girl, he’s not crazy suddenly just hugged the woman.

He managed to tap the woman shoulder twice. And the woman slowly turned her head 90degrees. Okay, Yonghwa suddenly felt like he was in a horror movie. Yonghwa heaved a sighed before he spoke. “Hi... I... I... um.” he stuttered.

Yonghwa stepped backward when suddenly the woman stood up from her seat and looked at Yonghwa delightedly happy. She was beautiful. Damn beautiful. Her big eyes, her wide and beautiful smile, her long and straight hair was flying back because of the wind. Where had Yonghwa seen her?

“Yonghwa!” the woman went near him and wrapped her hand around his neck and pulled him closer. Yonghwa blinked his eyes for a while and tried to think, what the hell had happened. Yonghwa stared at the gaze blankly. The feeling of this hug. His hands was swinging awkwardly, but he knew that he wanted to hug the woman back, but he felt so weird.

“Yonghwa?” the woman finally broke the hug and looked at Yonghwa confused. Yonghwa gulped when he saw that there was hurt in the woman’s eyes. Why? Was it because he didn’t hug her back, and she was offended?

“Who are you?” Yonghwa muttered under his breath. But, because of the silence and there were only two of them. The woman heard what he said. And, Yonghwa mentally cursed himself because he had hurted the woman in front of him. The woman suddenly looked so broken, sad, and hurt.

The woman’s hands, those were just now gripped his arms, she slowly let go. Yonghwa suddenly felt empty. Then, she curled into a smile. A force one, Yonghwa could see. Then, his eyes rounded when he saw that smile. The figure in front of him that was smiling. It was the same woman Juniel had shown him just now. “You—“

“You’ve forgotten me.” The woman said and smiled while playing with her hands. But, in a second she dropped the smile and exhaled. “It hurts, Yonghwa.” Yonghwa’s eyes widened in surprise when he saw tears had forming in her eyes. She said it hurted to him. And, because of that, he felt more hurt. His heart, it was like someone was clenching it, squeeshing it. And he must used his mouth to breath to, suddenly he just felt a lack of air.

“It hurts.” Yonghwa dropped his gaze on the woman that suddenly knelt down. Yonghwa immediately also knelt down in front of her and grabbed her wrist. He looked at her in the eyes. He’d forgotten her? Who was she? What was she to him? He knew he had lost memories, but his parents and Juniel already told him everything –well, that what they said. And, They never told him anything about this woman.

Yonghwa gulped, “I’m sorry... I got this accident. And, I –I, I lost my memories.” It’s so hard for him to explain when he felt like there’s something in his throat. Finally, he just kept quiet and looked at her eyes.

“Oh.” The woman swept away her tears with the back of her hand. And when she looked at Yonghwa’s eyes again. It looked lifeless. She pulled her hand away –the one that Yonghwa’s gripped – and she stood up. Yonghwa followed her but did not break the eye contact. They just had good minutes to stare at each other.

Not until the woman turned and faced her back to Yonghwa. The woman looked behind her shoulder and sighed. “I guess it’s fate. That... we are not meant for each other,” she whispered and walked away from Yonghwa.

Yonghwa froze at those words. Those words had stabbed his heart so bad. He felt like that woman was playing a main role in his life, in his heart. He knew. He knew. But, he just couldn’t remember it. Who was she? Who was she?!

Yonghwa hung his head down and squeezed his eyes shut, his hands ran through his hair. He had seen that woman. The woman that he remembered he had seen her when Juniel was going to buy goguma. When they were at a beach.

Yonghwa snapped and lifted his head, seeing that woman slowly dissappearing. He remembered, not all, but he remembered the woman’s name.

“Seohyun!”

 

 

Yonghwa opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was a ceiling, and it was bright. His hands clenching on the blanket. His mouth parted and gasping for air. “Oh my gosh.” He rubbed his forehead, and realized it was wet because he was sweating. It’s not a nightmare, but, still. He ran his hands through his hair. He sat up and looked at the clock and then to his cellphone.

He quickly grabbed it and dialed a number.

He needed to talk to Juniel. Fast.