three

Unbreakable Love

Seohyun looked at Mrs.Jung nervously. She looked at Mrs.Jung that scanned all over her eyes when she sat down. Because she was too nervous, she forgot to bring drink for guest. She quietly went to the kitchen and made hot lemon tea for her.

“Thankyou,” Mrs.Jung said and smiled to her.

Seohyun smiled back.

Mrs.Jung put down the cup after she took a sip. “So, let’s get to the point,” Mrs.Jung said.

Seohyun looked down to the cup, didn’t have the courage to look at her boyfriend’s mother. She knew exactly what business Mrs.Jung had with her. What else if it wasn’t ask her to leave her son.

“Mrs.Jung. I...”

“Joohyun-ah,”

A weak voice suddenly heard to the women’s both ears. “Excuse me,” Seohyun said and gave an apology smile, Mrs.Jung smiled back to her. Seohyun stood up and quickly went to her grandmother’s room.

“Yes?” Seohyun asked. She helped her grandmother walked out of the room.

“I’m thirsty, dear,” her grandmother answered.

“I’m sorry. I forget to—“

“Who is she, dear?” her grandmother cut and asked her. They both turned their head to Mrs.Jung that was sitting on the couch.

Mrs.Jung stood up from her seat and bowed politely to Seohyun’s grandmother. And her grandmother replied with a smile and bowed back.

“I’m gonna get the water for you. You just get back to room and rest. Okay, grandma?” Seohyun changed the subject and helped her grandmother back to the room. Then, she went to the kitchen and got back with water her grandma’s wanted.

“I’m sorry for making you waiting too long,” Seohyun apologized.

“Your grandmother is sick?” Mrs.Jung asked. Seohyun nodded.

“You’ll leave my son and I will take care of all your grandmother’s hospital fees.”

Seohyun lifted her chin and looked at Mrs.Jung. She shook her head, “I don’t want that,”

“Listen, dear—“

“Mrs.Jung,” she cut, she knew it’s impolite, but she just couldn’t stand it anymore.

“I let you know. Yonghwa has been trying to pay my grandmother’s hospital fees too. But, I refused. I don’t want to take Yonghwa’s money. What make you think I will take yours?

I can handle my grandmother. I don’t need your money, I don’t need Yonghwa. You think you can make me leave Yonghwa if you would pay for my grandmother’s hospital fees. But, no. I won’t leave him. Mrs.Jung, please, can’t you see? I love your son. I love Yonghwa, so much. Can’t you please just pray for Yonghwa’s and my happiness?”

Mrs.Jung stood up and so was Seohyun. Mrs.Jung could see how much this young adult loved her son so much. But she still thought, Seohyun and Yonghwa wouldn’t be a happy couple. She didn’t know why, but she just couldn’t see it.

“You will leave Yonghwa and so is this city,” Mrs.Jung let out a piece of paper and handed it to Seohyun. “You and your grandmother can leave at my house at Busan,”

She moved from her place and opened the door.

“Mrs.Jung! Please!”

“Seo Joo Hyun,” Mrs.Jung turned and glared at Seohyun. “You will leave this town. If you don’t, you will have no idea what will happen next,” she threatened.

Seohyun looked at Mrs.Jung disbelief. Her eyes started to sting, tears already urged to come out.

“Besides, I have paid all of your father’s debt. Return the favor, will ya?” Mrs.Jung asked and smiled evilly.

Seohyun’s eyes widened when she heard that. How could Mrs.Jung know? But, then, she thought it again. Rich people, what couldn’t they do and know?

“I will take the responsibility of your grandmother’s hospital fees. You can work at one of my friend’s restaurant. Everything is at that paper,”

She said before she slammed the door closed.

Tears flowing down from Seohyun’s cheek. She bit her bottom lip and crumpled the paper in her hand.

 

 

Juniel and Yonghwa walked out of the theater. Juniel laughed when she remembered every scene that she liked. She didn’t care of people passed that giving her weird stares.

“People will think you’re crazy,” Yonghwa teased.

Juniel turned her body and walked backward. “Does it matter?” Juniel aske and still smiling.

“Let’s go home,” Yonghwa said. He digged out his phone and called his chauffer to pick them up.

 

“I heard. You don’t want to marry me,” Juniel suddenly spoke out when they both were waiting for Yonghwa’s chauffer to pick them up.

Yonghwa looked down and scratched his head. They looked at each other. “I already have someone in my heart, Juniel,” Yonghwa answered.

Juniel opened , wanting to speak something but a car stopped her. Yonghwa opened the door for Juniel and asked her to get in. Juniel smiled and got in.

“Aren’t you gonna get in?” Juniel asked when she found Yonghwa didn’t make any move to get in the car.

Yonghwa smiled and shook his head. “I have somewhere else to go,” he answered. He told his chauffer to bring Juniel went home before he closed the door. “See ya,”

 

 

Yonghwa opened his eyes. He heard birds chirping outside the window and sunshine was shining brightly. He quickly went to the bathroom and got ready.

He missed Seohyun.

“Morning,”  Yonghwa greeted and drank his milk. After he finished it, he walked out the dining room.

“You’re not joining us?” his mother stopped him.

“No. I gonna meet Seohyun,” Yonghwa answered and opened the door.

Before he could make a step, his father stopped him.

“Will you please get over that Seohyun? She’s gone,” his father calmly said it while reading his newspaper.

Yonghwa got suspicious and turned his head to look at his father. “What do you mean?”

“Yeobo!” his mother squealed.

“Eommonim, what is it?” Yonghwa turned to ask his mother.

“Tell him. Tell him that you have asked Seohyun to leave this city, and leave him,” Not his mother, but his father the one instead to answer it.

“Eommonim!” Yonghwa raised his tone.

Mr.Jung stood up from his seat and slammed the newspaper on the table really loud. “I told you, that Seohyun isn’t a good girl. Just bribe her a little money to leave you, and she do it.”

“No. No. Seohyun isn’t like that! No!” Yonghwa shouted.

“Then, ask your mother!” Mr.Jung shouted in front of Yonghwa’s face with his hand pointing at Mrs.Jung.

Yonghwa and his mother looked at each other. Yonghwa shooked his head, hoping that his mother won’t do such things to him. But, when he saw the teary eyes of his mother. He thought he just wasting his breath at his parents.

“I don’t believe that! You guys must be threatening her!” Yonghwa shouted and furiously stormed out the dining room. Ran and ran, didn’t care that behind him, his parents called him. He needed to get to Seohyun’s house.

 

 

Yonghwa banged the door. “Seohyun! Seohyun!” he shouted and banged the door, didn’t care that his hand had turned red because of the pain. “Seohyun! Open the door! Please!”

“What’s the fuss?!” Suddenly an old woman, Seohyun’s neighbour, came out because of the loud noise. She looked at Yonghwa with angry and irritated face. She knew Yonghwa. “Boy, what are you doing!?” she asked.

Yonghwa approached her and bowed for apologize. “I’m sorry for the noise. I’m looking for Seohyun. Have you seen her?” He asked.

The old woman calmed down a bit and heaved a sigh. “You don’t know?” she asked quietly.

“Know what?”

“Seohyun and her grandmother leave town. You don’t know,” she muttered.

Oh, he knew, alright, he knew. But he didn’t know that they would leave this early and fast. Yonghwa messed his hair and screamed out the pain in his heart. He squatted and hit his own head. He stopped when he felt a hand rested on his shoulder.

“Seohyun just left 5 minutes ago. Go to the terminal. You maybe could still catch her,”

Yonghwa stood up and spun his body. He grabbed the old woman’s hand and shook it a little too hard and kept saying thank you. Then, he ran like a mad person.

 

 

“Seohyun... Seohyun...” he whispered out Seohyun’s name. He put his hands on his knees to catch breath for a while.

He looked at the crowd. There’s so many people, how could he find her? He looked at one of the television’s screen that showing train’s departure. Where the train’ll go, when the train’ll go. Yonghwa groaned and slap-faced himself. Problem, he had no idea where will Seohyun go.

Yonghwa took out his phone and dialed Seohyun’s number.

“Pick it up, pick it up, pick it up...”

“Yonghwa...”

Yonghwa let out a relief sigh when he heard Seohyun’s voice. “Thank God. You pick it up. Seohyun... where are you?” Yonghwa asked.

Yonghwa furrowed his eyebrows when he didn’t hear any response from Seohyun. But, he could hear Seohyun’s small sob.

“Hey...” Yonghwa called. “Why are you crying?”

Seohyun forced a laugh on the side. “I... Yonghwa... I...”

“Where are you? You haven’t left yet, right? Seohyun, listen to me. Don’t listen to any s my mother said. You don’t need to leave town. Please, you promise, we will stick together no matter what. Seohyun... I... I love you,”

“And, I love you too...”

“I’m sorry, Yonghwa.” Seohyun whispered.

Seohyun hang up the phone. Yonghwa took a seat that was available. He looked at his phone for a while. Zoning out. Then, he brushed away his own tears and tried to call Seohyun again. But, she won’t pick it up. Yonghwa kept mumbling no,no,no, with tears kept rolling down. He called again, and again, and again. But no result. He didn’t care of people passing by looked at him pityful. He pressed his cellphone to his forehead.

“Seohyun...”

 


Ramonaapple's Note :

ha. ha. ha. ha.

a really long time to update .___.
and i'm really really sorry.
can't lie that i'm a little lazy, and... and... is it just me?
or do i feel like my writing skill is weaken(?)

.......

well! hope you like this chapter!

 

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, AND UPVOTE THIS STORY.
I DON'T FORCE. BUT, YA KNOWWWW...
HIGHLY APPRICATE IT! HEHEHE.

<3