seven

Unbreakable Love

Yonghwa chewed his bottom lips as his hand grabbing the spoon and stirring his coffee. His eyes blanked and his mind flew back to his dream again.

Seohyun

He sighed and leaned his back. That name. That woman in the dream. He closed his eyes and rubbed his temple, trying to remember every detail in the dream, not leaving a single. That woman must be someone that important to him before he lost his memories. He wondered why his parents never told anything about that woman. Was she his girlfriend? Ex-girlfriend? Or just friend? He could just asked his parents about her. But, something in his mind and heart thought maybe it’s better he just asked Juniel. Since, Juniel had ever showed that woman to him. Arrghh!  He screamed inside his mind and ruffled his hair wildly.

“Yonghwa.” Yonghwa looked up and found Juniel was standing and smiling to him. “I’m sorry for making you waiting so long.” She apologized as she made her way to her seat.

Yonghwa smiled back and shook his head. “It’s fine.”

Juniel’s smile faded , and replaced by a confuse look on her face. She tilted her head to the side and asked, “What is it that you want to ask?”

Yonghwa played his hand nervously and his bottom lip, unconciously. “It’s... It’s about...” Yonghwa stuttered and looked around before he back to focus at Juniel, who looked at him in amusement. “It’s about a photo of a woman you showed me last time?”

Yonghwa sured that he heard Juniel gasped (just a small gasp, but Yonghwa heard it clearly), her shock expression quickly changed. “What about her?” she asked slowly and leaned in a little.

Shudders ran down Juniel’s spine when Yonghwa suddenly looked at her with that serious face. “Juniel, I need you to be honest with me.” He said and leaned closer to Juniel. Juniel gulped and nodded her head obediently. Then, Yonghwa told her everything about his dream. When he with that woman in a beach, and then suddenly the scene changed place to a wide green field. And, what about the woman said.

Juniel sighed and leaned her back to the sofa. Her face softened and smiled to the confusing Yonghwa. He finally remembered. Finally! And, again, Juniel cursed herself, why didn’t she use that method like weeks ago?

“Her name is Seo Joo Hyun. But, you call her Seohyun. She’s... she’s actually...” Juniel started to become nervous. Why? Because she scared that Yonghwa will mad at her because she hid about Seohyun to him. She shook her head inside her mind, it’s not about her now the priority. It’s about Yonghwa’s and Seohyun’s happiness.

Juniel started to tell Yonghwa about her and Yonghwa, about Yonghwa and Seohyun. His parents weren’t approve his relationship with Seohyun. About what had his parents done to make Seohyun left him and the city. Yonghwa listened very carefully, didn’t comment or cut her, or anything. She told him about how heart-broken he was. And, the accident. His amnesia. The plan that his father made.

“Thank you.”

Juniel looked at Yonghwa confused. This guy... he didn’t blame her, didn’t scold her, didn’t comment every action she took. Instead, he thanked her. Okay, maybe Juniel should take that ‘thank you’ because she helped him to get back with Seohyun. But, Juniel thought she should be scolded too. Because hiding all of the stories about Seohyun. “I’m sorry, Yonghwa. I am.” Juniel said and took his hand.

Yonghwa smiled and put his hand above Juniel’s. “Don’t be.” Now, after listened to the story. He felt a little guilty to Seohyun, his supposed-to-be-girlfriend. Because he hugged Juniel, kissed her(again, good thing he had never kissed her lips!), and done all that bf-gf things. Yeah, he did that because he lost memories. But, still...

“Do you want to bring Seohyun back?” Juniel suddenly asked. Yonghwa looked a little lost. Of course, he would. But, he didn’t even know where Seohyun moved to. He could not asked his parents. No, no way.

Yonghwa didn’t hide his sad expression. He sighed and answered, “I would love to. But, I don’t know where she go.”

Yonghwa looked at Juniel suspiciously because she smiled full of mischievous. “But, I know.” She said and stuck out her tongue.

Her smile looked contagious until Yonghwa’s lips curled too. “You, little sly fox.” Yonghwa commented and chuckled.

“She’s at Busan. She stayed at your house back at Busan. Your mother let her stay there.” Juniel explained. Yonghwa stunned at her words. His mother let? O...kay... “What?” Yonghwa asked. Juniel shrugged her shoulders at Yonghwa’s question. She didn’t any answer too, why his mother let Seohyun stayed at their house back at Busan.

“She’s fine. She’s work at one of your mother’s friend’s restaurant. Work as a waitress,” Juniel added. Well, who knew right, that Yonghwa also wanted to know his girlfriend’s condition. Yonghwa nodded his head at Juniel.

He stood up on his feet and took his backpack with him. “See ya, Juniel!” he waved his hand and left Juniel alone.

“Damn,” Juniel whispered and laughed at Yonghwa.

 

 

 

 

“You’re packing?”

Yonghwa gasped and looked behind him. Found that his mother stood at the door and looked at him with widened eyes. Yonghwa didn’t answer his mother for a while, still busying with folding his clothes and put it into his small sized luggage. “Yep,” he finally answered.

“May I ask why? And where are you going? And with who?” His mother asked as walked into his room and sat herself on the bed.

Yonghwa bit his bottom lip and cursed inside his mind. Who knew that his mother would busted him sooner. He was actually still thinking what he should say to his parents about his leaving. Yonghwa sighed and turned to his mother. He forced a wide smile and clasped his hand. “I’m going to Busan!” he said cheerfully.

“What..?! why?!” His mother stuttered. “Who are you going with? And... and... why?” she continued and looked at her son panicky.

Yonghwa just quietly looked at his mother. He didn’t know that the old woman stood before him was super nervous with her heart was thumping hard inside her chest. Why? Why? Why suddenly her son wanted to go to Busan?

“I want to meet Seohyun. There.”

Bang! Those words hit his mother like being shot on the head. She realized ever since Yonghwa had said he wanted to go to Busan, she had held her breath. Now, she was the air greedily. “Your memories’ back?”

“No... Not all, not all.” Yonghwa answered honestly and shook his head.

“Yonghwa—“

“I’m gonna go to Busan, and meet Seohyun. No one gonna stop me! No one! Not you, not even aboeji!” Yonghwa exclaimed and looked at his mother furiously. He was expecting a yell, or a cry, a rejection from his mother –even though those happened, he won’t stop too.

Instead, his mother nodded her head weakly and looked at him with teary eyes. Oh, God, now guilt crept into his heart for yelling his mother.

“I understand. Go find Seohyun. Go find her, son.” she said and patted both Yonghwa’s cheeks.

“Ommonim...”

“Don’t worry about your father. He has left to Italy this morning,” She said and slowly walked away from him and left his room. 

"Yonghwa." Yonghwa still stared at his mother. Suddenly curled into a warm smile, eyes softened, and said, "I approve your relationship with Seohyun." Then she disappeared after she closed the door.