Promise

The Usual

Donghae POV

What's wrong with him? Did I do something wrong?

No
I wouldn't hurt him on purpose or try to make him move away from me. All day long I've been thinking about this morning. He pulled away from me and told me I should leave.
I'm sitting in my work chair waiting for my next client to come in. I don't know if I'll be able to concentrate on someone that's not Hyukjae at this point. I rubbed my temples and decided to pull out my phone and text him. I need to talk to him somehow.

To: Hyukkie
Hey Hyuk! What you up to today? Wanna get lunch?

 

I took a deep breath and clicked send. Then the knock at my door draggedd me away from my phone. "Come in."
"Ah, hello Ms.Choi! Ready to start?"
_____________________________________________________
Hyukjae POV

I just got out the shower and into my room in my towel when my phone buzzed on the dresser. I walked lazily to the dresser and picked up my phone to see a message from Donghae.

 

From: Hae 
Hey Hyuk! What you up to today? Wanna get lunch?

 

 

I sighed and threw the phone down on the bed and didn't reply. I don't know what my problem is today. I just don't want to be close with him right now. I just can't be heartbroken again. But I do miss him and want to be near him and cuddle with him.

But I just can't

I put on some underwear and a black pair of pants and decided to text him back. I bit my lip before clicking his messages. I looked back at our old messages from the hospital. He was so sweet; he texted me every morning and night asking me if I'm okay. Then I'd see him in the day anyway and he'd ask again.

Ugh


To: Hae
Yeah sure. Tell me when you're done with your client.

 

I pressed send and set the phone back down on the bed. Once again I sighed and walked to my closet to find my red sweater that goes perfect with my black jeans with rips and chains on it. I looked in my wall mirror to check myself and ruffled my hair. I looked at my bed to see my phone screen light up. I walked to the edge of my bed and picked up the phone. Before I read the message I threw myself on the bed and put the phone over my head and typed in my password.

 

From: Hae
I'm about to be done in 10 minutes about. Wanna meet at the cafe by my office?

 

 

I had a slight smile on my face just thinking about seeing him and apologizing for my stupidness. I texted back yes with a smiley face so I don't sound depressed or anything. I got up from the bed and checked to see if my hair was dry. I ruffled my newly dyed black hair and grabbed my keys.
"Min, I'm out," I gave the blonde a peace sign before i had my hand on the doorknob to the hallway of the appartment. 
"Uh, where do you think you're going?" He asked me. I turned my body slowly to look at the man eating popcorn while playing a game on his Ipad. The tv was blasting some music on MTV. 
"To meet Donghae, turn the TV down. I don't think the neighbors wanna hear this crap," I smirked and walked out before I heard his voice. I rested my head on the door as I heard Sungmin yelling at me even though he thinks I left.
I walked down the hallway and was looking down at my feet, then up to my sweater to see if I looked fine or a huge train wreck. I smiled knowing I looked like someone who didn't give two s about anything.
I got down the elevator and out to the parking garage and found my black broken down car. I got in and drove off to the cafe.


I parked the car in the lot and got some money out my dash to get at least a coffee and some kind of French thing. I hopped out the car looking for Donghae's Audi which wasn't in sight. Most likely still at work like usual. I sighed and walked in the cafe that read; Cafe de France. I took a couple lessons of French in high school so I think it says Cafe of France? Sort of a stupid name but I could be wrong.
I walked in the glass doors to the smell of brewed coffee. It was a overwelming smell but woke me up. "Welcome!" The lady at the counter told me as she waved with a huge smile on his small face. She was a pretty girl, very young with dark long hair that went just past her chest. I smiled at her and walked to the counter knowing that I should wait for Donghae.
"Hi, I'll just have a cafe au lait," I smiled knowing my French was perfect. she nodded and typed a couple buttons in the register.
"3.50 please!" She told me as she waited for me to give her the money. I went into my back pocket and pulled out a 10.
"I'll pay,"I heard a voice behind me that scared me. I looked behind me to see Donghae smiling as he gave her a 10. "Can you add a regular coffee to that too?"He asked with charming smile.
"Uh, yes sir,"She studdered and had a slight blush on her chubby cheeks. I raised an eyebrow at the other and walked to the other side of the counter to wait for my drink.
"You didn't need to buy my drink," I told him without looking at him and watchig her make the drink. I heard him sigh next to me.
"It's what friends do right?"He looked at me and gave that smile.

Friends

I rolled my eyes at just the thought. He only thinks we're friends? Not even friends with benefits. 

Just friends

"Here you go!" She gave us both our drinks I nodded at her with a smile. "Have a nice day!" she waved again as we walked away.
I sat myself down at the farthest table from the counter and the door; Donghae followed.
I still don't know why I'm acting like this towards him. I just want to be close to him right now so much, but I just can't. We sat down and i instantly took a sip of my fresh coffee.

Ah so good.

"How was you're day Hyuk?" Donghae looked up at me as he also took a sip of his coffee. I looked at him then back down at my coffee.
"Fine."
I could sense Donghae was upset by my answer. I want to tell him how my actually went. How I hated how we ended this morning and that I missed him and that I want to hug him again. " Hyukjae," He never calls me by my first name unless somethings wrong. "Somethings wrong and I-I want to know if I did it. All I did this morning is wake up and I'm ignored from your life,Hyukjae. I want to make it right again. Just please tell me what I did and I'll fix it I-"
"Donghae, it... everything is fine I just need some time right. So I think I should go," I gripped my cup and got up from my seat. Then a strong grip at my wrist pulled me down.
"No Hyukjae! You will not ignore me again for no reason! You have to tell me what's wrong!" Donghae yelled slightly but tried not to bring attention to us.
I pulled my arm away and I had tears in my eyes."Leave me alone!"I yelled as I walked fast out the cafe. 
"Fine!" I heard the other yell back out the door. Instant tears came down my face.

Fine

He hates me that much that he said fine. I cried my way to my car and got in. I cried as much as I could. I calmed myself down and wiped my puffy eyes with my sleeve. I pulled down the sun visor and wiped my eyes again with a sniffle. 

I walked in the house with a slam to the door. "Hyukjae! What's wrong?" Sungmin got up from the couch and followed me to my room. Before he got to my door, it was already slammed. "Hyukjae! Please open the door,"Sungmin knocked like crazy even though it wasn't locked.
"Just leave me alone right now, Min."
Sungmin stopped knocking and said okay with a sad voice. I sighed myself and took off my pants and sweater and put on some shorts and a sports jersey. I turned my TV on and turned my lights down to a dim. I placed myself on the bed and covered my whole body with blankets and switched the channel til I found the animal planet.
I was half-sleep when a slight knock at my door was heard. I opened my eyes and told them to come in. "Hey, I made you some tea."Sungmin walked in quietly and set the mug on my night stand.
"Thanks Min," I smiled and took the mug in my hands. Automatically my hands warmed up. The blonde sat on the edge of the bed and just looked at me.
"Donghae's here." I gave him a what-the-hell look. "He wants to see you," He continued.
"Well send him out,"I said as I placed the mug to my lips. I felt the heat of the tea on my face. I heard him sigh and get up and close my door lightly. Then my door opened again.
"Hyukjae,"

Donghae

The brown haired man poked his head in the door then opening it all the way with a box in his hand. "Can we talk?"He asked me with an awkward smile.
"Turn my lights on a little more,"I demanded as I put my mug down on the stand. He obeyed and closed my door as he stood there awkwardly. "I told Sungmin to send you out," I continued.
"Uh, well he told me I can come in,"Donghae rubbed the back of his head. He came closer to my bed. I satup on the headboard and turned the volume down on the TV. "Hyukjae, I-I just wanted to say I'm sorry,"Donghae placed his nicely wrapped box on my nightstand next to my tea. He sat on the edge of my bed and looked at the TV. I nodded for him to go on. "I shouldn't of done that. I can't imagine how you felt or feel right now. I just want you back in my life, I didn't mean a single thing I said to you. I don't want to leave you alone please baby I'm begging you right now," Donghae had a worried face with glossy eyes.

Aw

I smiled at my hands as I played with them nervously. I felt a warmth on my thigh and I looked up and seen Donghae's hand on me. "Please, Hyukjae,"He told me with a puppy dog face.
How can you say no to that?
I nodded but started to tear up. I looked at him and jumped up and brought myself into his arms. The man made a groaning noise as I placed myself in his lap. "Donghae please don't say those things again to me!" I said between crys as I hugged him tighter.
"No no never Hyukjae baby, I couldn't,"Donghae tilted my head up and pushed my hair back to see my full face. I sniffled. 
"Don't leave me too, please don't," I stuffed my hair in his chest as I cried it out. Donghae was rocking me in his lap as he calmed me down and rubbed my back softly.
"I won't just promise me the same?" He whispered in my ear.

"I promise,"

__________________________________________

Sorry it took forever but i started to write on my laptop and i get more detailed on this so enjoy!

-socurious