Confession

I Fall In Love With A Nerd

 

Chapter 5

Tiffany’s POV

I can’t believe of what I’d witnessed in front of me. I gasped and dropped the food I bought. Soonkyu? Kissing someone? What is this? What is this feeling inside me? Why do I feel different? Feeling hurt. I couldn’t comprehend it. I’m confused.

Soonkyu saw me and quickly said, “It’s not what you think it is, Nerdy!”

I took a step backward and immediately ran away once I turned around. I ran to a place to hide myself from him. Why do I feel hurt when I saw him kissing another girl? We’re just friend, aren’t we? Or am I the only one that acts him as my close friend? I kneeled down and hugged my knees and cried. I’m so confused right now.

 

I skipped the entire class I had for that day and went home quickly before anyone sees me. Inside the apartment, I went straight into my bedroom and plopped myself onto my bed. Why did I cry in the 1st place? Why did I feel tint of jealousy when I saw him kissing a girl? We’re just friend. Who am I kidding? I’m nobody. I don’t have anything with me. I can’t be with someone who’s richer and better than me. I can’t be someone whose status is off from my limit. I just can’t.

Soon, I fell asleep on my bed with tears still left visible on my cheek. It was until the loud bangs interrupt my sleep that I woke up almost immediately. I went to the main door and was about to open the door but retreat when I heard a familiar voice outside.

“NERDY!! OPEN THE DOOR!!” he shouted.

It’s Soonkyu. What is he doing here? He kept on banging until the neighbours told him to quiet down but he refused that he kept on banging. I slouched beside the door and hugged my knees. He shouldn’t come here when he has another girl waiting for him.

Later after that, the bangs stop and I waited.

“Are you seriously not gonna open the door to let me in?”

There he goes again. I’m sorry, Soonkyu! I think it’s better for you to just go. I need to be alone for tonight. It’s okay. I understand. I understand that you like her. It’s okay.

I heard his phone rang. He was talking to his manager. Soon, I heard his footsteps was running away from me; fainting sound of his footsteps. Then it’s all quiet. I stood up and open the door slowly and peeked to see if he’s just pretending to walk away but I see no one outside the door and he finally left.

I closed the door and went back to my bedroom and get ready to take my shower. After few minutes of showering, I dress up as usual and went out for a walk.

I heard his conversation just now that he’s gonna perform tonight. My foots involuntary took me to the venue and stood outside the building. I could hear the music was blasting inside. It was loud and clear even the passerby could here someone singing and then someone walked towards me, “Miss, are you see the performances?”

“No, I just walked by here,” I said shyly but still standing there to listen to the singing.

“Do you want to go in?”

“No, thank you! Beside, I don’t have the ticket to access in there.”

“I’m a worker here. You can go in if you want to.”

“It’s alright! Thanks for the offer.”

I was about to walk away when I heard the familiar voice once again.

“I would love to dedicate this song to someone that I’d adore since the first time I saw her. Her smile that captivating me. Even though you’re not here tonight, I hope you get the chance to listen to this when it’s air on the TV.”

It’s him again, Soonkyu. Who is that girl you’re talking about? The sound of the guitar strumming and his sweet melody, it fits him perfectly. I listen to him singing until the end.

“You, I hope you’re listening to this and I love you!”

Who is that lucky girl you’re talking about, Soonkyu? She’s gonna be so lucky to have you around to love her to the fullest.

I then walked away from the scene and to the playground in the park. I went for a swing and stared up into the night. The stars are twinkling and the round moon are shining that it overtook the darkness.

Such a beautiful night.

I closed my eyes and started to hum a rhythm that appear in my head and then I started singing;

I see you with her and it crushes me inside

Guess I should stop thinking about you all the time

Maybe this is what I needed maybe this is a sign

Maybe I've been blind to reality baby tell me

Every little glance my way

Every time you wanted to hang

You seemed so interested

Could you tell me was it real or was it all in my head

Was it real or was it all in my head

 

She's so pretty you two look so great

Time for me to move on now it was probably just a silly crush anyway

But I just can’t help but think that we, we could've had something

Have I really been blind to reality baby tell me

 

Every little glance my way

Every time you wanted to hang

You seemed so interested

Could you tell me was it real or was it all in my head

Was it real or was it all in my head

 

Was it real or was it fake?

Was it all a mistake?

Boy, I just gotta know was it all in my head, all in my head?

Did you ever feel the same?

Was my mind just playing games?

Boy, I just gotta know was it all in my head, all in my head?

 

Every little glance my way

Every time you wanted to hang

You seemed so interested

Could you tell me was it real or was it all in my head in my head

Was it real or was it all in my head

 

I finished the whole song. That song definitely defined us.

“Is that song defined you and me? That you find me with another girl and it was crushing you inside?”

I turned around to find him standing just a few feet away from me, “W-what are you doing here and h-how do you find me here?”

He shrugged and walked towards me. He took the swing beside and turned his face to stare and at me.

“What are you doing here alone? Do you know how dangerous it is to be here at time like this, Nerdy?”

“I just need some fresh air,” I speak softly.

“Why did you run away just now? You didn’t hear me right yet and you ran away, why?”

I stayed in silence; I didn’t know how to put it in words to tell him what exactly is happening to me.

“There’s nothing going on between me and that girl, Jessica. Well, she did confess to me. That’s all,” he said casually.

I perked up after hearing him saying that girl was confessing to him. He saw my expression and teased me, “Curious, aren’t you?”

I looked away from him, didn’t dare to show my feelings.

“She likes me, she confessed to me but I rejected her in a good way and told her to find someone who’s better than me. I even told her that I kinda like someone else,” he explained.

Who could it be? Is he dating someone outside the college? Why am I so curious?

“I like you, Nerdy!”

I gazed into his eyes and looking for something.

“No! I love you!” he confessed, “I can’t hold my feeling anymore. I’m attracted to you since the first day we accidentally met in front of the library. It may not be official but the smile you’re giving me that day was! You’re different from the other girls I’d met before. All of them just want to be with me because of fun, fame, money, power. Not you, nerdy! Every little time I spent with you, I get to know and understand you more. I love you because you’re different. You don’t try to change of who you are wherever and whenever.”

I listened to him and I didn’t know what to reply. He stood up and stands in front of me. He offered his hand and I took his hand. He pulled me up to stand. We’re both were just a few inch from kissing. He looked me in the eyes and again, “I love you! Do you love me?”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated! :)

Enjoy reading and May God bless you all always. <3