Kiss

I Fall In Love With A Nerd

 

Chapter 6

“I love you! Do you love me?”

“I- “

Soonkyu’s phone interrupted and he reluctantly answered his phone, “Hello? What? Now? Alright Alright! I’ll be there soon!”

Soonkyu stared at Nerdy and said, “I’ve gotta go! You should go home too now or do you wanna come with me?”

Tiffany didn’t know if she wanted to go home at that moment when she found out that he love her.

“I-I’ll just come with you,” Tiffany replied.

Soonkyu smiled and grabbed her hand and they went back to Soonkyu’s car and soon they’re off back into the building.

Soonkyu’s manager was the one who called him saying that he had to do another performance due to the absent of another singer.

Both Soonkyu and Tiffany just sat in an awkward silence at the passenger seats in the back until Soonkyu’s phone rang again, he sighed.

“Hello? Yeah? I’m on my way already. What? Duet? Come on! Can’t I just sing it alone?? Then why the hell are they telling me to sing if they want a duet song? Who’s gonna sing with me? No one?! Seriously?! I don’t know! Hold on hold on! I think I know who can sing with me! Yeah! I know! I’ll bring that person with me! Just need some makeover for that person! Yeah! Alright! Settle!”

He ended his phone call and turned to face Tiffany, “Hey, nerdy. Can you do me a favour?”

Tiffany who was deep in thought while looking out the window then turned to face Soonkyu when he asked her, “What is it?”

“Can you sing with me on stage later? Please?” Soonkyu begged.

“W-what? I can’t do that! My vocal is not a top notch like yours,” Tiffany explained anxiously.

“Come on, Fany-ah. I heard you sing a song just now. I mean I listened to it from the start until the end and it was good. Come on, please??”

That’s the first time Tiffany heard him called her Fany. It’s always Nerdy but not today. He called her Fany. She blushed.

“Please?” Soonkyu asked in plead.

“I don’t know. I’ve never sing in front of many people,” Tiffany said softly.

“It’s okay. I’m there. I’ll be by your side if you’re feeling nervous,” Soonkyu grinned.

Tiffany pondered before she finally agreed to help him.

~.~.~.~

Arriving at the venue, they then rushed into the dress room to find Soonkyu’s manager was pacing back and forth waiting for him.

“Noona!” Soonkyu called out.

His manager looked at him and quickly asked, “Did you bring that person?”

“Of course I did. She’s here,” Soonkyu then pulled Tiffany to his side.

“Her? Are you serious?” His manager asked in disbelief due to Tiffany’s nerdy appearance, “Are you sure she can sing?”

“Are you trying to make a bet with me? Of course she can!” Soonkyu said confidently.

His manager looked and Tiffany and asked, “You can sing? Serious? Cause the last performance is kinda special though.”

Tiffany nodded her head timidly to answer Soonkyu’s manager question.

“Can you sing a line or two for me to make sure?”

Tiffany fidgeted nervously before she felt a hand hold onto hers and squeeze a little to reduce the nervousness. Soonkyu smiled at her and urged her to sing.

Tiffany looked back at Soonkyu’s manager. She’s in silence before she closed her eyes getting ready and she sang,

You don't have to call anymore
I won't pick up the phone
This is the last straw
Don't wanna hurt anymore
And you can tell me that you're sorry
But I don't believe you baby
Like I did - before
You're not sorry

Tiffany opened her eyes and glanced at both Soonkyu and his manager. Both were jaw dropped and his manager managed to utter, “….wow!”

His manager then got back into sense and told them to get ready. The make up artists then once again came into the room and this time, they’re ready to transform Tiffany.

Soonkyu and his manager waited outside while Tiffany’s inside getting herself ready.

“So is she the one you’re talking about?” his manager started.

“Yup!” Soonkyu grinned boyishly.

“She has a voice! Priceless but she’s a nerd.”

“So?”

“I think she needs to change her appearance.”

“I think she’s perfectly fine. She’s beautiful, you know?”

“I can’t really see her beauty.”

“Just so you wait.”

A few more minutes and the door clicked open. The make-up artists then went out and left Tiffany inside. Soonkyu went in to ask her if she’s ready but abruptly stopped when he saw her.

He was in awed. Like really! He never thought he would finally see Tiffany in difference appearance.

“You look beautiful,” he uttered.

“Thank you,” Tiffany looked down in coyness.

Soonkyu’s manager then barged in and she too was surprised. She thought she’s seeing another person and said, “You’re seriously gorgeous! That’s what I’m talking about, Soonkyu! I told you she needs to be like this!”

“Shut up, noona! Let’s go, we don’t have time,” Soonkyu said and pulled Tiffany gently along him to prepare to be on stage.

At the backstage, Tiffany was on the verge of breaking down due to being extremely nervous, “I can’t do this, Soonkyu! I can’t sing in front of many people.”

“No, Fany-ah! You can do this!” Soonkyu replied with gazing into her eyes.

That nickname again. Fany. She felt a little better when she heard him calling her that.

“Look! I’ll hold onto your hand from the start until the end and if you’re still nervous then look at me while you sing,” he said. She smiled.

Soon, both of them were on stage. The crowds were cheering when they saw Soonkyu and at the same time, they’re wondering who that person Soonkyu is holding onto is.

The music started to play and soon, they started to sing,

 

 [Tiffany]
I've been living with a shadow overhead,
I've been sleeping with a cloud above my bed,
I've been lonely for so long,
Trapped in the past,
I just can't seem to move on!

[Soonkyu]
I've been hiding all my hopes and dreams away,
Just in case I ever need 'em again someday,
I've been setting aside time,
To clear a little space in the corners of my mind!

[Both]
All I wanna do is find a way back into love.
I can't make it through without a way back into love.
Ooo hooow


[Tiffany]
I've been watching but the stars refuse to shine,
I've been searching but I just don't see the signs,
I know that it's out there,
There's gotta be something for my soul somewhere!

   [Soonkyu]
I've been looking for someone to she'd some light,
Not somebody just to get me through the night,
I could use some direction,
And I'm open to your suggestions.

[Both]
All I wanna do is find a way back into love.
I can't make it through without a way back into love.
And if I open my heart again,
I guess I'm hoping you'll be there for me in the end!

[Tiffany]
There are moments when I don't know if it's real
Or if anybody feels the way I feel
I need inspiration
Not just another negotiation

[Both]
All I wanna do is find a way back into love,
I can't make it through without a way back into love,
And if I open my heart to you,
I'm hoping you'll show me what to do,
And if you help me to start again,
You know that I'll be there for you in the end!

 

All the while singing, they hold hand and Tiffany did what Soonkyu told her to. She looked into his eyes whenever she feels nervous.

‘I love you too.’ She thought.

 The crowds gave them a big round of applause. Both of them bowed and exited the stage. They went into the make-up room to clean themselves before they’re getting ready to go home.

Soonkyu as usual waited for Tiffany outside the room and then they walked together to the car. Being a gentleman, Soonkyu opened the door for her before he went to the other side.

This time, both of them sat in silence. However, the silence this time was filled with warmth and every once a little while they’ll glance at each other until they reached Tiffany’s home.

Soonkyu accompanied Tiffany until the main door, “I hope you have fun singing on stage just now and thanks for helping me out.”

“You’re welcome! And thank you to be by my side too,” she replied while smiling.

“You should get some rest now. You got a lot of things to catch up!” Soonkyu replied.

Tiffany nodded and bid goodbye to him. Just before she went in, Soonkyu called her name and she turned around.

A surprise! A kiss! On the lips!

Soonkyu kissed her on the lips before he really bid goodbye to her and left swiftly.

She gasped! That’s her first kiss. And it’s…. it’s sweet.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tada~~~~~ Kekekekekekeke! ^-^

Enojy reading! :D

May God bless you all always. <3