Fever

I Fall In Love With A Nerd

 

Chapter 3

Months had passed since the 1st time we met and we’re closer than ever. Nerdy and I had spent most of our time together. She still refused to have herself makeover. Certain people had misunderstood us as couple but we’re not. We’re just friend; a very close relationship to being a couple but not.

One day, Nerdy was absent from school. I asked around her classmates in case they knew why she’s absent but they don’t. It seems like they treated her the same way as it is. I huffed after hearing most of their answers.

Once school was over, I tried to call her but it’s always connected to her voicemail. I reluctantly left some messages and hoped that she will replied my messages but none. I started to get worried that I even called my manager noona to cancel my practice today and will replaced the practice the other.

Without wasting time, I rode my bicycle to her apartment which was just a few blocks away from the college. Yes, all these months we’d been exchanging our phone and asked about where we live, our favourites and all sort of other things that we’d love to know.

Arrived at the apartment, I pull my bicycle over to the edge and lock it before I ran up to her door. I knocked on the door a few times before I started to bang the door in panic hearing no response from the other side.

“Nerdy!!! Open the door! YAH!! HWANG MIYOUNG!! OPEN THE FREAKING DOOR NOW!!” I shouted while banging the door.

I instantaneously stopped and cursed myself inwardly of how stupid I am when I found out the door knob isn’t lock. I quickly went in to search around the house and only to found out that she’s lying on her old worn out bed. She looked like she’s shivering so I took a step closer and touch her forehead to find that she’s feeling unwell or rather she had a fever. I shook her to wake her up but no reply.

Without wasting time, I went to her closet to get the towel and rushed into the bathroom to get some basin and filled it with warm water before getting back to Nerdy’s side and quickly place the warm towel on her forehead to make her fever go down. I repeat the gesture until she’s conscious and was about to stand up but I restrained her to do so.

“Lay down,” I said.

“W-what are you doing here in my apartment?” she asked huskily.

“And I should ask you why didn’t you lock up your main door? Do you know how danger it is to have your house unlock like that? Something bad could have happen to you, you know? What if some bad guy come in and robs you or worse you?” I asked in a frustration tone.

She looked at me in horror and replied in a soft whisper, “I-I didn’t mean to left it unlock but I had a heavy headache when I was on my way out to school but I quickly went back to my bedroom that I didn’t have the energy left to go back to the front door and lock it.”

I felt guilty upon hearing her explanation that I quickly apologised and asked if she had eaten yet. Of course, a no is the answer she gives me.

I sighed, “Wait here. Let me prepare something for you to eat.”

“But…”

“No but. Just stay still!”

She quickly lied back on her bed and I left her to the kitchen to prepare something for her to fill up her tummy. I looked into her cupboard and there was nothing in it then I opened her refrigerator to find there’s only a bottle of water, an apple, a cartoon of milk and a small tray of eggs. I closed it back and went back to her bedroom to tell her to just stay in bed while I was away to the shop to buy something.

Quickly ran out of her apartment and went downside to the little shop nearby to buy all the necessary things and foods for her. Oh, medicine too for her fever. Once done purchasing, I ran back into her apartment and went into the kitchen instantly to prepare dome foods for her to eat before she can eat her medicine.

After preparing, I carefully brought the tray to her bedroom and served her like a princess would get serve. When I was about to feed her, she grabbed my hand before grabbing the spoon and said, “I can feed myself, Sunny-ah.”

I didn’t know if the blush visible on her cheek was due to her shyness or is it due to the fever she had so I left it passed.

“Eat then. Eat slowly because the food is a little bit hot,” I said and I sat at the floor beside her and watched her eat.

“Aren’t you gonna eat as well?” she asked while stuffing with food.

I chuckled because she’s just so cute when she stuffed her foods in and made her looked so bloated and replied, “Sick people should eat more.”

So once again, she ate in silence until she finished the whole bowl and said, “I’d finished the food.”

I took the bowl and let her eat her medicine before I went into the kitchen to washed the dishes and quickly coming back to her bedroom and checked her temperature.

“It seems like the fever had gone down a little bit,” I said in relief.

“Thanks!” she replied, “You should go home now. It’s getting late.”

“I’m staying here tonight so no worries,” I replied casually while Nerdy was a little bit taken back by my answer.

“W-why? I’m fine now, you said it.”

“I didn’t say you’re fine but I said your temperature had gone down,” I corrected her.

She pouted. She had found out that’s my weakness and it ain’t fair to use that against me.

“Stop pouting, Nerdy! Ain’t gonna work on me this time. I’m staying and that’s final. You should have taken care of yourself better if you don’t want me to sleep here,” I chuckled.

“You can stay here but you can’t sleep in the same bedroom with me,” she replied while glaring at me.

“So what? I’ve been sleeping with tons of girls in the same bedroom before,” I lied to her and I was on the verge of laughing out loud to see her so-predicted-jealous expression.

“Whatever!” she grunted.

“You’re jealous aren’t you, Nerdy?” I asked while smirking.

“What? No! Why would I be jealous? It’s not like you’re my boyfriend. You’re just my close friend so you can don anything you want but not when it comes to sleeping in my house. You have to sleep at the living room,” she responded.

“Admit that you’re jealous then I’ll sleep at the living room,” I smirked.

“No!”

“Then you have no choice but to have me sleep in your bedroom with you and that’s final.”

I quickly settled myself down at the floor beside her bed and pretended to sleep when she called e a few times and eventually gave up, “Stubborn guy he is!”

“You shouldn’t have done much to me, Sunny-ah!” she said thought I was fast asleep, “You’ve done so much for me these past few months and I’m glad to have a friend like you. I hope we can be friend forever.”

The last sentence kinda makes me heartbreaking to know that we’re gonna be just friend forever and that I have no chance to be in her heart. Is she really that naïve that she didn’t realise all the things I’d done for her these past few months? All the signs I’d given her to show how much I like her? Didn’t she realise that?

Nerdy Hwang, I hope you will realise it sooner or else I’m gonna confess it to you directly in front of college with people around us as the witness. I’m gonna make sure that happen sooner. Then I soon drifted off into wonderland.

 

~.~.~.~.~

It's just a short update. :B
I decided to update it today because I was happy to know that I scored Higher Disntinction for my assignment and test. :D
Will update again tomorrow! HEHE :P
Happy reading, readers! :))

Good Night and May God bless you all always. :))
<3<3<3