Her Smile

I Fall In Love With A Nerd

 

Chapter 1

It was the first day of college, I’m up so early and ready to face the first day in college. People said that this is where all the fun and crazy time start and it’s also the time where you might fall in love with someone but I doubted that. I certainly sure that people fall in love since high school. Who would possibly fall in love at time like this? It’s so primitive.

Without wasting time, I woke up and get myself ready. Once done freshen up, I walked into the kitchen for breakfast. Oh, right! I forgot to tell you my name. I’m Lee Soonkyu but my stage name is Sunny since I’m always that chilling type of person on stage. Yup, you read it right! I’m a singer but I prefer to live a casual life. I’d been dreaming to enter college after debuting so here I am.  I’ve got all the attention that people have always been desire for but not me. Though I’m a singer, I would love to be in a peaceful environment when I’m not on stage. However, I’d love to flirt with the girls that got my attention when I’m bored just for fun. I’ve never been in a relationship before. Yup, never! I’ve always wanted to have a girl with a fashion sense as my girlfriend since I’m a singer.

Enough of introducing, let’s get back to life about college. So I’m just that eager to be in a college. So I was walking alone on the path to the college which was just 10 minutes away from my apartment.

I looked at my watch and I still had half an hour to go so I rushed into the main entrance of the college and went into the administration to report myself as a new student enrol in that college and get the timetable. After that, I had one of the student guided me around the college. So I wandered around without listening to what the tour guide of the college told me. I guess he’s telling me about the way around to get from room to room and blablabla. I stopped walking when I saw a girl who was standing not too far from me. She just walked out from the library and she’s wearing something so dull and definitely uniform. This is the first time I’d seen a nerd in real life and up close.

I keep on looking at her while she’s busy tying up her shoe laces until she looked to me. We hold a stare for a while before she smiled and damn her eyes were smiling too. Her eyes disappear into a crescent moon.

At that time, I understood what people meant by falling in love. I think I’m falling in love with this girl. My thought was then interrupted by the student who was guiding me awhile ago, “Hey hey! Dude, are you okay? You seem to be in daze for awhile? I called you a few times just now but you’re blurred. Are you okay?”

“Uhhh… Yeah, I’m fine! I’m just staring at that… Where did she go?”

“Eh? Who?”

“There’s this girl just now standing in front of the library. She’s smiling at me! Do you know her?”

“What girl? Are you sure you’re okay?”

I groaned! I missed her! Damn it.

“Never mind! Let’s just continue.”

“If you say so.”

So we went around for a few minutes before he led me into my first lecture. Once I walked in, all eyes were on me with twinkling in it then girls were screaming like crazy after a few seconds. I sighed. This is going to be a long day with all eyes and attention on me.

~.~.~.~.~

It was break time and finally, it’s break! I quickly went out from the room before the girls can have the chance to chase me around the college. I ran and ran until I realised that I’m in a… garden?

How come I never see this garden when I went for a tour this morning? I just that person didn’t take me around here or maybe I didn’t really focus on where he’s taking me. I shrugged my shoulder and strolled around the garden and then I stopped! There she is! The girl I saw this morning. She was reading a book in silence. I walked up to me in quiet and stood behind her and, “BOO!”

“AAAHHH!!” She screamed and threw a book away.

Once she’s settled, she went to pick her book up and looked at me, “You?! What are you doing here?”

“Uhhh…” I observed her. Her fashion was so old-style and her geek spec, how long have she wear that spec for? But I love how she tied her hair up in loose braid.

“Excuse me, mister! I’m talking to you,” she said once more while stood a few feet away from me.

“Uhhh? Oh yeah! I’m Lee Soonkyu, you can call me Sunny!”

She chuckled. Oh god! Even her laughed was so cute, “Hello, Sunny! Thanks for introducing yourself but I asked you what are you doing here? And how did you find this place? No one else come here except me.”

“Oooohhhhh… Uhhh… I’m running away from the crowd and I don’t know how I got to here either.”

“Why are you running away from the crowd? Are you stealing something?”

“What? No! You don’t know me? Seriously?? You’ve gotta be kidding me!”

Her expression showed some confusion alas I’m grateful that she doesn’t know me as a singer and I quickly said, “Never mind. Are you here often by yourself?”

She nodded her head and went back to sit on a bench while replying, “Yeah! This is where I spent my break most of the time. It’s peaceful and I can have the entire place to myself. I can sit wherever I want.”

“Aren’t you gonna hang out with your friends? I mean wouldn’t they follow you to come to here and spent time with you?”

She stayed silence in awhile before she replied, “I don’t have a friend.”

“You don’t? So am I the first one to talk to you like this? Freely?”

She nodded timidly and I grinned in victorious. I don’t know why but something inside me had made me slowly attracting to this mysterious girl in front of me; nerd yet beautiful.

“I did speak to them but just for studies matter or else we won’t talk.”

“Don’t you feel lonely, sitting here by yourself and reading book?”

“No, why should I feel lonely? I have book with me so I read and won’t get lonely.”

So we talked and told each other about ourselves but I didn’t tell her I’m a singer. It was until bell rang and she said, “I’ve gotta go now. You should go too. What your next class? Do you want me to guide you to your class?”

“I have Psychology for now. Won’t you be late if you guide me?”

“Psychology? Room 6.01?”

I looked into my timetable and replied, “Yeah!”

“Oh! We’re in the same class! Come on!”

So we had our first walk together and we kept on talking until we arrived at the room and she turned to me, “You should go in first.”

“Why?”

“Just go in,” she hushed me.

So I obeyed and went in. Again, all eyes were on me with people whispering around. I ignored and went to sit at the back. I sat and gazed at the door and waited for the Nerdy Hwang to come in. Oh yeah, she did introduced herself just now. Her name in Tiffany Hwang Miyoung but I called her Nerdy Hwang. After ten minutes, she went in and some of the mates playfully threw paper to her head, some badly, some laughed while the rest were doing their own things. She went to sit at the corner and stayed quiet with her head down.

I packed up my bag and went to sit beside her. She looked up and I grinned at her and so does she but others were surprised to see me sitting beside her and I gave them a questioning look, “What? Can’t I sit beside her? Is she poisonous or something?”

“She’s a nerd, dude!”

“So? She’s a human too.”

“You’re a singer and you sit beside a nerd? Seriously?”

Crap! Someone had just dropped a bomb. I turned to see that Nerdy Hwang was frowning and murmured, “Why didn’t you tell me that you’re a singer?”

“Uhhh… I forgot?”

“H…”

Our conversation was interrupted by our lecturer who just came in and immediately started the lecture after introducing himself. The class went well but I glanced up to the person beside me every often and she was so focused that she didn’t realise I was glancing at her.

Once class was done, it was done for that day. Thankfully, I only had 2 subjects for that day. I turned to my side to find that Nerdy Hwang had already gone down towards the door. Is she always that fast?

I quickly packed my things and ran out to find her that she’s not in sight. Until the next day, Nerdy Hwang. I’ll make sure to talk to you everyday. So it was her smile that attracted me to her.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~
I told you guys it's gonna be short and brief. :P

Happy Reading. :D
Thanks for subscribing and commenting. ^__^
May God bless you all. ^_^V