Why?

I Fall In Love With A Nerd

 

Chapter 4

Ever since the day I’d taken care of her, she seems to be much more opened than she used to. Has she finally realised my feeling for her already? Today marked the day since we first meet each other ultimately in front of the library where she smiled at me. It’s our 8 monthsary of being friend too.

“Hey,” someone greeted me.

I turned around to find a beautiful lady standing in front of me.

“Hi,” I greeted back with a smile

“Where’s your friend, Miyoung?” she asked and sat beside me. We’re in the garden as usual.

“She’s off to the cafeteria to buy some foods. She’s gonna come back soon though. You come to see her?” I asked in amusement thought that Nerdy have finally make some friend.

“Uhhh… I actually come to see you. I’m Jessica by the way,” she replied while offering her hand for a shake.

“Oh me? Why?” I asked while we shook our hand and then retreated slowly.

“I’ve been wanting to confess to you since the first time I saw you but I was in doubt when I often see you hanging around with Miyoung and thought both of you are in a deep relationship but it turn out that you’re just close friend. So here I am, taking a chance to confess to you that I like you,” Jessica responded full of shyness.

I admired her beauty and she seems to be so nice but I just can’t accept her since I’m slowly drowning in someone’s ocean; Nerdy’s ocean to be exact.

“Oooohhhhh… You see, Jessica. I kinda like someone right now and I’m waiting for the perfect time to confess to her. I’m sorry but I just can’t accept you when all I can think about is that one girl,” I looked at her and said my word carefully.

She smiled in return, “I knew this is going to happen but at least I try.”

“You’re not mad and sad?” I asked baffled.

“No because I’d been expecting this since the start but I just want to confess, to let out my inner feeling so that I won’t have regret in the future for not telling you my feeling. I’m fine,” she replied with a smile.

“You’ll find someone that suits you better more than me, Jessica. And thanks for confessing to me directly,” I answered back carefully not to hurt her feeling.

“I get it, Sunny! It’s alright! I’m okay! So may I know who that girl that you like is?” Jessica asked in curiosity.

“Come here,” I told her to come a little closer and whispered the answer to her but what I didn’t know is that someone was watching us from aside and shocked to see us in a position which she had mistook.

She dropped her food and I looked to the source, it was Nerdy. She had her hand closed due to surprised and I quickly told her, “It’s not what you think it is, Nerdy!”

She step backward and immediately ran away from us. I looked back at Jessica and she told me to run after Nerdy and so I did. I looked everywhere for her, I even asked people around if they’d seen her but they just shook their head. What the hell? What is she? Invisible??

The bell rang indicate that I shall go into my next class and I reluctantly did. I went in the class and sat there absentminded not listening to what the lecturer taught on that day because my mind was worried about Nerdy. Where could she be?

Time was passing by so slow that day that I had the urge to just skip the lesson but I didn’t do it since I have a reputation to maintain. I stay until the last lesson and directly rushed out towards Nerdy’s apartment once the last bell rang.

Once arrived, I ran up to her apartment and knocked on her door furiously while shouted, “NERDY!! OPEN THE DOOR!!”

I kept on repeating that until the neighbours who live beside her come out and told me to shut up but I ignored. I kept on doing that for fifteen minutes until I gave up, “Are you seriously not gonna open the door to let me in?”

I slouched down at the main door and waited there. I determined to wait until she open the door for me but soon my phone rang. It was my manager. I totally forgot that I had an event to attend to that night that I rushed back to my apartment to get ready.

~.~.~.~.~

Arriving at the event, I forced myself to smile at the camera whose lights were flashing at me. My manager then escorted me into the building and into the dress room.

“Be ready in fifteen minutes because it’s gonna be your turn to sing,” my manager said.

She left me with the make-up artists and I let them do their job to transform me. Once done, they went out and give me some space to rehearse the song that I want to sing that night.

Once I was called by my manager, I went behind the stage and get myself ready before I went on the stage. Fans were cheering loudly seeing me on stage and I waved at them with a smile.

I stood in the middle to the stage with guitar on my hand and talked, “I would love to dedicate this song to someone that I’d adore since the first time I saw her. Her smile that captivating me. Even though you’re not here tonight, I hope you get the chance to listen to this when it’s air on the TV.”

And I start strumming with the song goes,

You smile and I get blinded by you,

And I'm not sure if you know what you're up to,

But your eyes stay curves like that of a quarter moon,

And here I am falling further as I swoon,

 

And I~, gotta get away from your deadly charms,

But you~, funny how you're there never knowing

That whenever you take one step,

And the world stops spinning,

And you got me grinnin',

And my heart stops beating,

And I don't think that you know what you're doing,

But I'm sure you can see how my heart is swelling,

You flash your smile and the clock stops ticking,

And my mouth starts hanging

And I can't help staring,

And I see other people looking at you, they be hatin'

But you got the whole world, baby you got everything.

 

You laugh without a sound but it makes the world go round and round,

Like a wheel turning on the ground,

And I'm quite sure that your eyes will be the death of me,

Who am I kidding that I'll offer my life gladly.

 

And I~, gotta get away from your deadly charms,

But you~, funny how you're there never knowing

That whenever you take one step,

And the world stops spinning,

And you got me grinnin',

And my heart stops beating,

And I don't think that you know what you're doing,

But I'm sure you can see how my heart is swelling,

You flash your smile and the clock stops ticking,

And my mouth starts hanging

And I can't help staring,

And I see other people looking at you, they be hatin'

But you got the whole world, baby you got everything.

 

Baby you got everything.

 

Once I finished singing, the crowd was giving me around of applause and I thanked them and confessed indirectly, “You, I hope you’re listening to this and I love you!”

I then walked down the stage and went into the dress room to check my phone if Nerdy have send me message or leave some missed call but none.

Where are you, Nerdy? Did you finally realise? Why are you running away? Why?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I promised to update yesterday but I didn't.
Deeply apologise because I have something coming up in my way and can't be avoid. (/ >_ < \)
 

And "HAPPY ADVANCE BIRTHDAY TO YOU, IM YOONA!"
May God bless that lady always and may her be healthy and happy always.

Let's trend #윤아야생일축하해 in Twitter! XD

Happy reading and enjoy celebrating Yoona's birthday with the other SONEs around the world. :D <3