Open up

I Fall In Love With A Nerd

 

Chapter 8

It’s a fantastic sunny day for Soonkyu since he gets to see his official beloved one. He woke up feeling energetic and was so full of energy that he gets himself ready swiftly before he walked out of his apartment and went to Tiffany’s.

Arriving at Tiffany’s, he eagerly knocks on her door until she unlocked the door for him to get in and asked groggily, “Why are you here so early? It’s like 2 hours until class start.”

“I want to bring you for breakfast, that’s why I’m early today! Come on, Nerdy! Get yourself ready. Yahhh! Wake up!” Soonkyu wailed seeing Tiffany had just curled herself on the sofa to continue her sleep.

“Wake up now or you’ll regret your choice, Miyoung-ah~~,” Soonkyu said after having an idea of what to do if the girl didn’t stir.

Tiffany scrunched hearing her Korean name and still didn’t bother to wake up, “Let me sleep. Just go for breakfast yourself. I wanna sleep.”

“Okay! So that’s your choice. Prepare to hold onto my wrath,” Soonkyu inched closer to her and ready his hand by her side body and started to tickle her to the fullest.

“YAAHH!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! S-STOP! HAHAHAHAHA!! LEE SOONKYU!! STOPP!!” Tiffany struggled with her morning laugh.

“Wake up now or I’ll continue,” Soonkyu smirked.

“Alright alright! I’m up!”

Soonkyu released her and said, “You’re loud, you know that?”

Tiffany frowned at the statement and pinched his arm and quickly running into her room to get ready before Soonkyu could do anything to her, “Yahhh! Why are you getting violent these days?”

Soonkyu rubbed his arm and see that his skin is turning a bit purplish, “Nerdy nerdy~! So violent yet you’re still so cute!”

He stood up and walked towards her bedroom and took a peek in it. He saw all the clothes that she bought the other days were still folded neatly inside the bags and went to look at them. He took out piece by piece and thought that Tiffany indeed have some fashion sense but why doesn’t she wear like this since the first time instead of wearing a nerd clothes?

He’s too curious that he didn’t realise that Tiffany stood at the door looking at him, “What are you doing inside my room?”

Soonkyu startled and put her clothes back into the bag and turn around and grinned at her, “I didn’t know you have fashion sense.”

Tiffany walked passed him to her nightstand to take her phone and bag which was placed on the floor beside the nightstand and proceed to take a comb and start to comb her wet hair.

“Aren’t you gonna dry your hair before combing them?”

“I am drying my hair right now.”

“You’re kidding, right?”

“Nope!”

“Aren’t that gonna take a long time to let your hair dry?”

“Deal with it then.”

Soonkyu groaned in frustration hearing her answer and went up to her to take the towel beside her and said sternly, “Let me dry it for you! Don’t move or else you’ll know what happen!”

Tiffany stiffened when Soonkyu started to rub her hair gently. She’s starting to bless this relationship. It’s her first time getting cared by someone after so long. She don’t remember how long it has been but for sure it’s long enough that she barely remember the last time she get taken care of. It’s always been her alone taking care of herself for the past 8 years.

She closed her eyes to enjoy it and nearly fell asleep when Soonkyu scared her, “Booooooo!”

“Yah! Would you stop being so childish?” Tiffany replied in annoyance

“Would you stop trying to sleep?” Soonkyu mocked her, “It’s done by the way. Shall we go now?”

“Wait! I need to comb my hair!” Tiffany replied and was about to grab the comb but Soonkyu beat her to it.

“Let me comb it for you,” Soonkyu said softly.

“That won’t be necessary, Soonkyu-ah,” Tiffany blushed after she heard what he said.

“I insist. Please?” Soonkyu pleaded.

Tiffany gave in and let Soonkyu did it for her. Once again she closed her eyes and starts to enjoy it.

“You love it, don’t you?”

Tiffany opens her eyes to find that Soonkyu was smiling warmly at her and she replied, “Yeah! It feels good.”

“Nerdy, can I ask you a question? And it’s okay if you don't want to answer it,” Soonkyu asked in understanding.

“What do you wanna ask about?”

“May I know why do you wear all the nerdy type of clothes when you have fashion sense?”

She was silence for a while. She took a deep breath before she responded, “It was all because something happened in the past. Something that made me changed myself after that.”

Flashback

“Mom! Dad! I’m home,” the 12 years old Tiffany shouted once she’s inside her home.

“Honey, come here!” Tiffany heard her mom shouted in fear.

Tiffany rushed to her parents’ bedroom and saw that they’re packing their needed stuffs into the luggage.

“Where are we going, mom? Dad?” Tiffany asked in confusion.

It’s not holiday yet why are they packing the clothes?

“We have to move out from here, Fany-ah! It’s not safe to be here anymore. We have to be hurry,” her father explained.

“Dear, we have to go! Someone is trying to take you away from us. They’re after your beauty and threatening us so we have to go,” her mother whispered in her ear.

Tiffany gasped, “W-what? W-why would they do that?”

Loud bang was heard from the outside, “MR. HWANG?! SEARCH FOR HIM! AND BRING ME HIS BEAUTIFUL ONE AND ONLY PRINCESS!!"

Footsteps were heard outside the room that father Hwang quickly grabbed his daughter and told her to jumped out from the room along with his wife while he would stay and deal with the men.

“Dad! No! We have to go together!” Tiffany shouted.

“NO! GO!” Mr. Hwang yelled back after Tiffany accidentally made a noise but they don’t have time since some of the men had managed to broken down the door and grabbed his wrists but Tiffany’s mother managed to force Tiffany to jumped out from the window and threw her belonging out and told her to run away. Tiffany was reluctant but one she saw the men having his knife strike towards her dad straight in his heart that she finally made a moved.

She ran as fast as she could. She ran until they’re out of sight and she quickly looked for a taxi and told the driver to drive her to the airport. Once arrived, she paid the driver and went out.

She proceeded to walk into the airport and sat at one of the bench and started to rummage some money for her to fly off from the state. Once she had the money in her hand she ran to the nearest counter and asked for details on about flight to which country that’s gonna board soon and found out that Korean flight will be board in an hour time and she’s lucky enough that there’re left with 3 tickets. She paid and went to the gate and gets herself ready to depart.

Inside the plane, she cried knowing that her parents are no longer by her side. She’s all alone in the world. Fear of things would re-happen again, she reminded herself to change into someone else that no one would recognise.

End of flashback

Soonkyu was hugging her in his embrace and she cried until there’s no tear left for her to pour.

“Sssshhhh… You’re not alone now, Fany! I’m here with you by your side and will always do,” Soonkyu soothed her.

“Thank you for loving me of who I am, Soonkyu,” Tiffany replied and thanking God for sending someone who cared for her dearly in the right time. Not to forget that she’s also thanking her parents for watching over her from the above.

“Do you still want to go out or shall we just stay like this for a bit before heading out for school?” Soonkyu asked her while caressing her back.

Before Tiffany can answer her stomach start to make a sound. Soonkyu laughed out loud and that made Tiffany to blush and hide her face in his chest while hitting his chest lightly.

“I think we should head out for breakfast. Just a quick breakfast since we don’t have much time left,” Soonkyu giggled which make Tiffany to giggle along with him.

Soonkyu helped her to fix her hair before they’re heading out hand in hand to the nearest café near their apartment to enjoy the new day as a couple.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

“What would you like to order, Nerdy?” Soonkyu dorkily asked her.

Tiffany doesn’t know what to order considering all the foods there were very pricy and whispered, “Can I just drink? All the foods are pricy here.”

Soonkyu chuckled hearing what she said and answered back, “It’s alright! My treat! Come on! Order something for you to eat. Don’t torture your cute tummy.”

Tiffany blushed hearing it. She felt butterflies inside her every now and then when Soonkyu saying sweet nothing to her or when they’re having physical interaction. It felt so good to fall in love for once.

“Earth to Tiffany Hwang~~~!” Soonkyu waved his hand and sighed, “Never mind, let me order it for you! Stay here!”

Soonkyu walked to the counter and ordered the foods before he came back with drinks; a cup of black coffee and a cup of caramel coffee.

“A cup of caramel coffee for you, beautiful!” Soonkyu smiled.

Tiffany thanked him and they chatted until their foods were being served and Tiffany was feeling more than delight after seeing her food. Soonkyu certainly know what she loves to eat.

It’s pancake with strawberry syrup.

“How do you know I like this?” Tiffany glanced at him while starting to eat her breakfast.

“I don’t know. I just guess.”

“Liar!” Tiffany said while laughing.

“Serious! I didn’t know! I just guess! Why can’t you believe what I said?” Soonkyu pouted and added, “Noona~~~, please believe in Soonkyu. Please Pleaseeee??”

Customers around were giggling at his action even the waitresses were spazzing a little over him that make Tiffany glared at them.

Soonkyu noticed his action then whispered to her ear, “You’re jealous, aren’t you?”

Now it’s time for Tiffany to pout, “Why am I so easy to be read when it comes to this?”

Soonkyu swore that his eyes nearly popped out when he saw her pout. That’s the first time she did that. He pinched her cheek lightly and patted her head, “Why are you so cute?”

Tiffany giggling off and they continued to eat their breakfast in good amount of silence before they’re off to college.

~.~.~.~.~.~

“Hey, Fany!” Taecyeon greeted from afar.

Soonkyu frowned immediately when he heard him and was about to snarl at him when Tiffany squeezes his hand and silently telling him that she’ll handle it.

“Hi, Taecyeon!” Tiffany greeted him with a smile.

“I see you’re wearing back your nerdy clothes! Are you free later? Let’s go out for a date,” Taecyeon said while gazed at Soonkyu who was frowning at the moment and smirked at him.

“I’m sorry, Taecyeon but I’m not free!” Tiffany replied.

“What? Why? Are you having a date with him?” Taecyeon pointed at Soonkyu.

Before Soonkyu could had his hand landed on Taecyeon’s face, Tiffany grabbed his hand and replied, “Look, Taecyeon! Soonkyu and I are kinda official and I’ll be glad if you could stop bothering me! You’re not even with me in the first place and why do you now want to have a date with me? If you could excuse us, thank you!”

Taecyeon had his jaw dropped after he heard what Tiffany had just said while he saw Soonkyu was sticking out his tongue at him and smirked before he turned back and walked off happily with Tiffany.

~.~.~.~.~.~

“My nerdy is so awesome that she turned down a hot guy,” Soonkyu grinned happily.

Tiffany chuckled and replied, “That’s how you should handle a situation. Not with your fist, dork!”

“So now you’re teaching me on how to handling a situation too? Cool~~,” Soonkyu mocked her.

Tiffany knocked his head lightly before they both laughed off and went to their respectively class with a happy smile on their face. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I JUST HAVE TO UPDATE IT TODAY DESPITE HAVING AN EXAM TOMORROW CAUSE I'M FEELING HAPPY AFTER SEEING 2NY INTERACTION AT THEIR 2ND JAPAN TOUR DURING "SAY YES" AND HEARING "LINGUA FRANCA" AND SEEING YURI'S IG!
SUCH A DORK SHE IS FOR UPLOADING HER PICTURES WITH HYOYEON AND YOONA DANCING! LOL XD

Happy reading, readers!
May God bless you all always! :D

<3<3