Leaving?

I Fall In Love With A Nerd

 

Chapter 9

Things were going fine between Soonkyu and Tiffany for months that were passing by and it’s already nearly 8 months they’d been together.

Tiffany was back to her old self except that her hair was much more flawless and her nerdy clothes were now a bit more fashionable than before after Soonkyu is giving her an approval for her to wear those clothes. She still had her specs though.

It’s a usual day for everyone except the lovebird. They’re gonna celebrate their 8th monthsary together on that day but both having a different plan in their minds.

“I’d been thinking we should go for dinner later,” Tiffany suggested.

“But we’ve been doing that like almost everyday,” Soonkyu whined.

Yes, ever since they’re together, Soonkyu often treated her to fancy restaurant. Not just that but Soonkyu was like pampering her too much but she didn’t mind it at all. She feel ease and keep on thanking God for having such a wonderful boyfriend by her side.

“Then where should we go later?” Tiffany asked while combing Soonkyu’s hair with her fingers. Soonkyu closed his eyes while Tiffany did that. It’s a habit for him to be like that; having his head on her laps whenever they went to the park for a stroll and rest under the tree by the lake.

“Shall we go to amusement park then?” Soonkyu suggested and open his eyes right away looking into those soft brown orbs of Tiffany’s.

“And play those entire scary rides? No, thank you! I’d rather stay at home,” Tiffany puffed.

“Oh come on! We only had been there once. We can try rides that aren’t scary though like Merry-Go-Around. Since that ride is slow so it’s gonna be romantic for us though. Don’t you think?” Soonkyu said as a matter of fact while wiggling his eyebrows.

Tiffany looked at him and laughed. Maybe he’s right. There’re still other rides that aren’t scary and enjoyable.

She nodded and answered, “Alright! I’m expecting that!”

~.~.~.~.~.~.~

It’s 7pm when Soonkyu arrived at Tiffany’s small apartment and he went in when Tiffany opened the door.

“Wait here. I need to change my clothes,” Tiffany said and left Soonkyu at the living room for her to change her outfits.

After a few moments, Tiffany walked out in simple yet eye-catchy outfit. It was a knitted sweater with a pair of blue skinny jean. Moreover, she let her curly hair tied loosely behind her. She looked simply beautiful. What’s more to left Soonkyu stunned was that she’s not wearing her spec. Instead, she’s wearing contact lens.

“You look beautiful, Fany,” Soonkyu said still mesmerising by her beauty.

Tiffany blushed and smile at him, “Thank you! You look handsome though.”

Soonkyu just gave her a dorky grin after hearing her complimented him.

“Shall we?” Soonkyu extended out his arm and offered it for Tiffany to hold.

Tiffany giggled and gladly wrapped her arm around his and off they go to celebrate their 8th monthsary for being together.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Upon arriving at the amusement park, they were greeted by Soonkyu’s fans that were there to surround the couple. It’s always like this since the start of their relationship.

After fans know that Soonkyu was dating Tiffany, some of the fans were frustrated that their favourite idol was taken, some were going against it but others were happy.

It’s been rough on the 1st two months since the couple had to deal with fans and Medias wherever they go but eventually stop when another famous artist took their spotlight. Nevertheless, they silently thanking that artist for saving their arse from the crowd but tonight seems like it’s coming back again.

They just smiled and waved at the fans. Soonkyu squeezed lightly Tiffany’s hand indicating that it’s going to be fine. Nothing’s gonna ruin their date for that night. He made sure of that.

Knowing that fans and Medias would come, Soonkyu had already prepared some bodyguards earlier and put them into good use when they’re in the amusement park. Bodyguards were around them but not too close as they still need their privacy alone.

“So which ride are we going to try first?” Soonkyu asked as he turned his head to stare at Fany.

“Shall we go for a roller coaster ride?” Tiffany pointed out the ride.

“You’re on!” Soonkyu said and off they went for the rides.

That night, they enjoyed the moment together and the fans seems to be understanding that most of them just stood from afar to snap photos of them and certain had gone back home after the first few hours.

Soonkyu and Tiffany were giggling after riding most of the rides when to the food stall to buys some drink to quench their thirst and they started to walk around the park. Finding an empty bench nearby, they took the sit together and enjoy the night scenery of the amusement park and different colour of glow that light up the park.

“Had fun?” Soonkyu asked her while smiling.

Tiffany nodded her head and returned back the smile, “It was more than fun. We should do this together more often.”

Soonkyu just stayed quiet after hearing what she said. Tiffany noticed the difference in him then asked, “Are you alright?”

Soonkyu smiled immediately and assured her everything’s fine but Tiffany could sense that his smile was a force. His smile didn’t reach his eyes.

“Is there something bothering you?” Tiffany asked ignoring his assurance.

“Nothing, I was just thinking of something else,” Soonkyu replied.

“Are you sure? You’re not hiding something from me, are you?” Tiffany asked in curiosity while cocking her one of her eyebrow.

“You look y when you do that,” Soonkyu adverting her question but to no attempt.

“Don’t try to avoid my question, Lee Soonkyu,” Tiffany answered back with now a much more serious tone.

Soonkyu stayed quiet just then. He didn’t know where to start. He didn’t know how to tell her the news he got before he went to pick Tiffany up just now. He didn’t expect it either that he got the news that day. Out of all days, why did he get the news on their 8th monthsary being together?

“Can we just enjoy the rest of the night than knowing what’s in my mind, Miyoung-ah?” he asked softly almost whispering while looking into her eyes.

The eyes that were hunger of answer staring back at his. But from Tiffany point of view, she saw the eyes that hide something big from her. She also saw the pain portrayed out from his brown orbs. Her instinct told her it’s not something good, she can feels it but she set it aside to make him feels better so she took his hand and caressed it with her thumbs.

“Please don’t hide anything from me,” Tiffany said before she pulled him in for a hug and whispered ‘I Love You’ to his ear.

He returned her hug and tightens his embrace and whispered, “I’ll tell you later when we’re at home.”

Tiffany nodded her head and pulled from the hug to stare at him once more. She cupped his face and told him to smile while caressing his cheek.

He closed his eyes to feel the warmth emitted out from Tiffany and smile warmly upon having a nerd to care for him like that. He never thought in the first place that he would fall for a nerd like her despite having an image of a superstar whom people thought would fall for someone within his status level.

He opened his eyes and saw that Tiffany was still staring at him so he replied, “Nerdy, can we go eating? I’m hungry.”

“YAHHH!! Do you have do call me by that name?” Tiffany slapped his arm lightly and pouted.

He giggled and answered back, “Of course, I’d known you as nerdy since we met the first time unconditionally.”

She rolled her eyes in annoyance and replied, “That doesn’t give you the right to call me Nerdy right now.”

“Alright alright! I’m sorry, okay?” Soonkyu said and hugged her from the side and inched up kissing her cheek, “Shall we go now?”

Tiffany just nodded and both of them went to the nearest restaurant hand in hand. After dinner, they strolled around in the city some more before they finally decided to go home.

Soonkyu being a gentleman, sent Tiffany up until the front door of her apartment and was about to bid goodbye when Tiffany suddenly spoke out, “Don’t you think I forgot about it, Lee Soonkyu! You still have some explanation to do to me.”

He sighed and turned back to her, “Let’s go inside and talk.”

In the living room, both of them sat opposite to each other and Tiffany was waiting for his to speak but it seems like she had to start it first, “So? Can you tell me what’s bothering your mind?”

“Fany-ah, this is something I just can’t tell you and I don’t wish to tell you about this so could you please stop pressing it on me?” Soonkyu pleaded.

“I can’t do that. Not until you’re being honest with me. Why are you like this, Soonkyu? Why can’t you just tell me the truth? Do you not trust me?” Tiffany asking softly and in the inside, she’s slowly breaking, feeling hurt when the one she loves isn’t going to tell her what’s happening.

“It’s not like that, Miyoung-ah.”

That tone again; the tone that made her weak. Tiffany shook her head and said, “I don’t know why can’t you just blurt it out or try to be honest with me and this seems like going nowhere. Let’s break up!”

Being too emotional and can’t even think right, she blurted it right out.

“What? No! You can’t do this, Miyoung! How could you do this on our 8th monthsary?!?” Soonkyu fought back.

“It’s either you tell me what’s going in your mind or we break up?” Tiffany threatened.

“Nerdy….” Soonkyu pleaded with tears threatening to fall, “Please don’t do this. It’s really hard for me to tell you.”

“So you’ve choose to break up. Great then! Please get out from my house now,” Tiffany pointed towards the door.

“Miyoung-ah,” Soonkyu stared intently at her pleading her to not let him go.

“GET OUT!” Tiffany shouted.

Soonkyu ignored her shout and walked towards her and crushed her with a hug.

“LET ME GO! I SAID LET ME GO!” Tiffany struggled herself in his arm but only managed to pull out one of her arm and used it to hit shoulder with keep on shouting, “LET ME GO, LEE SOONKYU! WE’RE OVER! LET ME GO!”

Soonkyu keep on ignoring her words until she’s left with no energy to fight back and just cried in his arm.

“Why can’t you just tell me?” Tiffany cried and tightens her hug.

Soonkyu then started to cry to upon hearing her words, “I just can’t because if I let you know then you might hate me forever, Miyoung-ah.”

Tiffany looked up to him when he gave out a little hint to her, “Soonkyu-ah, there’s nothing that can hurt me much more than yourself lying to me or not being honest to me. Please I beg you.”

Soonkyu who can’t stand at her plead and didn’t know what to do, he finally sighed and gave up, “Why do you have to be like this? Why can’t you just keep quiet? Why do you have to ask so much? What if I say that I’m gonna leave for The State next week? What are you going to do?!?! Tell me!!”

“You-you’re leaving f-for The State?” Tiffany asked in astonishment. World seems to stop for a second and so did her heartbeat. Did she hear it right? Did Soonkyu just said that he’s gonna leave for the state?

“This is a reason why, Fany; the reason why I just can’t tell you in the face right away. I need time to think about this but it seems like you had me made up my mind and told you,” Soonkyu said dejectedly.

Tiffany was far more than dejected. She’s crumbling down. What more could she said when Soonkyu is going to leave her alone?

“Why?” the only word she managed to ask.

“It’s complicated, Miyoung-ah. I got accepted in one of the university there. I’d applied to that university before I decide to enrol here while waiting. I’d applied that before I meet you and now I’m not sure if I wanna go there anymore,” Soonkyu explained truthfully.

“Then why do you make me fall in love with you if you know you’re gonna leave me to The State?” Tiffany dared herself to look him in the eyes; the eyes of hurt, being cheated, pain, anything negative.

“I thought I wasn’t gonna get accepted by the university there since it’s been nearly a year I applied for that,” Soonkyu clarified while looking away from her.

Both of them were in pain. Heart is definitely like being stabbed by a knife that it hurts like hell. Both of them didn’t know what else to say to each other. They’re just loss of words. They sat in silence like what a wise man would do.

Tiffany thought about it long and hard. Is it selfish of her if she was to hold him from going to The State? Is it wrong if she wants her love one to stay by her side just because she wants to? Nevertheless, she suddenly thought of her deceased mother’s word.

“If that person leave you to realise their dream then let that person go for he/she will get back to you once their dream come true. Bear in mind, Miyoungie! Don’t hold onto them just because you wanted them to stay. You’re crushing down their dream indirectly whether you realise that or not.”

She cried harder when she thought of that. She wished her mom would be by her side right now. She wished her parents would be by her side. Suddenly, she felt a pair of arm engulf her into a hug. It’s warmth and she don’t need to look up to know who it is cause it’s obvious there’s only one person would do that to her right now. She then lay her head on his chest while he slowly combing her hair using his hand.

“Let’s just stay like this for tonight. Can we, Miyoung?” Soonkyu asked tenderly.

Tiffany just nodded her head in agreement. Both of them went to the bedroom and lay on Tiffany’s small bed. They didn’t say anything because they’re both tired of what happened just now. They’re supposed to be happy on their 8th monthsary but it all turn out to be like this. Soonkyu bid Tiffany good night when he saw that Tiffany had closed her eyes and kiss her on the crown of her hair before he went to sleep on the couch near the bed.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HUGA HUGA!!! UPDATED!! Happy Reading, Readers!
Next chapter will be the last chapter for this fiction! lol :3

HAPPY 23rd BIRTHDAY TO WOORI MAKNAE, SEO JU HYUN UNNIE!! :B
MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS! <3<3

God bless you all always no matter where you are! ^____^V

OH! If you wanna ask anything, just ask me here: http://ask.fm/Jojo162
Thanks, everyone! :D