Promise

I Fall In Love With A Nerd

 

Chapter 2

It was a normal day for other people but me. I’m gonna see Nerdy Hwang again. I can’t help but grinning like a fool that even my manager was looking at me weirdly, “Oiii! Are you alright? You’ve been grinning like some sort of a crazy ert, you know? So creepy!”

“Noona, how do you know if you like or love that person?”

“Why are you asking? Have you found a suitor for yourself? Is that why you’re grinning like a dumbo?” My manager teased me.

“That’s why I’m asking you how do you know if you like or love that person?”

“Here’s how it is.”

Then I tentatively listening to what manager noona said though we’d arrived at the front college half an hour ago. Until she finished her talk, I grinned brightly and thought that I kinda like that nerd.

“So that’s how you know if you like or love that person. Thanks for the tips, noona!”

“You’re welcome! So who do you like?”

“I kinda like this nerd.”

“What???? You’ve gotta be kidding me! Out of all people, why a nerd? Well, I know nerd is intelligent but beside that, they can’t do anything else.”

“Cause I find her attractive in a way.”

“You’re weird!”

“Trust me, Noona! She’s beautiful!”

“Whatever! Just get out already, you weirdo! Let me see her once you two are official! You’re seriously weird, you know? I thought you like girls with fashion sense.”

“You’ll see her! You’ll see what I mean by it!”

I grinned once more and bid goodbye to my manager noona. What’s so weird about liking a nerd? Seriously? How weird can that be? Is it because I’m a singer that people find it weird of me to like a nerd? Well, screw them! Nerdy Hwang, here I come!

15 minutes left for the class to start so I walked to the garden to see Nerdy but sadly she’s not there. Is she in class? I looked at my timetable and I have Biology for the first class and hope that Nerdy will be in the same class as mine.

So I walked out from the garden and strolled around the college to find Biology lab and few minutes strolling around and I found it. It was on time for the 1st class. I looked around the lab to find the familiar face but sadly she’s not there.

I sat at random seat and soon the lesson started but my mind was somewhere else. I daydreamed. Though I daydreamed much during the lesson, I still managed to understand what the lecturer had explained in the front and jotted down some notes.

Once the class was over, I rushed out to the garden once more to find nerdy but still, she’s not there. I was about to give up and walked away from the garden when I saw her leisurely walking towards the garden.

“HEY, NERDY HWANG!” I shouted.

She saw me and she’s frowning. She turned her body around and walked away quickly from me.

“Hey, Nerdy! Wait for me!”

She ran after that.

“YAH! HWANG MIYOUNG! STOP RUNNING AWAY FROM ME!!”

She ran, I ran and we both ran. I quickly grasped her wrist once I was closed to her and stopped her instantly. I turned her around but she was looking down.

“Let me go,” she whispered.

“Not until you explained to me why you’re avoiding yourself away from me,” I replied.

“We can’t be seen together. Please, let me go,” she looked up with teary eyes.

What the hell? Why is she crying? What does she mean by that we can’t be seen together?

“That’s not a valid reason, Nerdy. You need to give me a valid reason of why you’re avoiding me. I wanna be friend with you, Nerdy. I mean it,” I said softly.

She stood in silence and holds herself from crying, “We just can’t be friend. You’re a singer and you’re famous, Sunny. I’m just a nobody. People… Please just let me go and I’m sorry!”

“Did they threaten you? I don’t care if you’re nobody. No one can make me not to be friend with you. No one can change my decision of who I wanna be friend with. I don’t care if they’re judging me because they don’t know who I am and what I want in my life. Stop listening to them, nerdy! And look at me when I’m talking to you, my face aren’t down there at the floor. Or do you find that floor is far more attractive than me?”

She looked up with a sad smile and tears were on the bridge to fall but I wiped it away, “There! Please smile. You look beautiful when you smile, nerdy. Ignore what people around you said about us and if they happen to threaten you, tell me!” I said while wiping her tears away.

After settling down, I dragged her to the garden and we sat. Both of us were in silence enjoying the warmth of each other and the serene environment.

“Why do you want to be my friend?” she asked breaking the silence, “What do you see in me that you want to be my friend? Every time people see me, they’ll immediately retract themselves the other way around and avoid me. And why didn’t you tell me you’re a singer in the first place? Saying that you forgot is not the legitimate reason, Lee Soonkyu! I demand an answer now.”

I gazed at her and she pretended to be serious. Still cute though a serious face! I retorted back, “You’re asking a lot as a nerd, don’t you?”

“Yah! You’re not answering my questions! Answer my question or else I’ll go right now,” she responded.

“You’re beautiful!” I blurted out.

“I beg your pardon?” she asked a little bit surprise with my answer.

“You’re beautiful! That’s why I wanna be friend with you. People don’t see you like how I see you, Nerdy! I’m grateful for that actually. And I didn’t tell you that I’m a singer because I don’t want you to treat me differently like how the others do when they see me. I want you to treat me like we’re real friend. Now that I’ve given you the answer, will you be my friend, Nerdy?” I looked at her expectantly.

She looked at me like she’s in daze before she smiled widely showing off her megawatt smile and her eye-smile. There she goes again! The smile that attract me like how the bee is attract to honey. I lend out my hand and asked, “Friend?”

She didn’t waste a minute to think and grabbed my hand and shook them, “Friend!”

“Yeahhhhh!!! Nerdy Hwang is my friend now,” I jumped in joyfulness after we shook hand while Nerdy sat at the bench giggling at my action.

I grabbed her hand and make her jump too. At first she refused but she joined me a minute after. We jumped in joy as if we’re celebrating something big. After jumping for few minutes, we stopped for lungful of air.

“We need to do some makeover on you, Nerdy!” I said after that.

“What? Why? I’m comfortable the way I am,” she replied.

“Yeah but let’s prove people that you’re beautiful like the other girls too,” I grinned.

She pouted to ponder about it. Why are people too blind to see her beauty despite the nerd appearances she has put up? She’s so cute! I unconsciously pinched her cheek and said, “So cute!”

“Yah! Don’t pinch my cheek like that,” she said while her hand rubs the cheek where I’d pinched.

“So? What do you think?”

“I don’t know truthfully,” she replied honestly.

“It’s alright. Just tell me when you’re ready. You look beautiful as it is right now,” I complimented her.

I can see the visible tint of pink blush on her cheek and decided to more, “Why are you blushing?”

“Huh? Uhhh… Nothing!” she looked down.

“You like it when I complimented you, don’t you, Nerdy?” I bent down to look at her face.

“No, I did not!” she retorted back looking back into me.

“Yes, you did!”

“No!”

“Yes!!! Nerdy like it when I complimented her!”

I more and soon, she was chasing me around while I kept on teasing her but something unexpected happened. While running towards me, she accidentally tripped on the root of the tree and fell on top of me. Loud thud could be heard when we both fell onto the ground.

We stayed still while staring into each others’ eyes intensely until I groaned in pain. My was in pain. She quickly stood up and helped me.

“Are you okay? Are you hurt anyway?” she asked worriedly.

“I’m fine! It’s just a bit sore on my .”

“Yah! Do you have to say it out loud?” Nerdy was once again seen in blushed.

“Well, you asked me if I’m hurt anyway so I tell you. You shouldn’t have asked that question in the first place, you know?” I smirked.

She slapped my arm, “You’re unbelievable! Come on, let’s get you treat at the clinic.”

She then accompanied me to the clinic to get treated by the nurse. That day, we sealed a promise to become a friend. 

 

~.~.~.~.~.~

Happy Reading and enjoy your weekend! ^_~ v