Flashback

My Girlfriend's Nosy Parents

Flashback

Nana was walking around the Pledis Hall building and as usual people were staring at her. It's not that Nana didn't like people in her dorm, but she was just really shy around people. Like her cousin, Jessica, Nana is known as a goddess in her dorm. It's safe to say that practically every upperclassmen and underclassmen, both male and female, either adored her or respected her.

'All these people are staring at me again. Aigo...' The blonde sighed and tried her best to not let the stares of others scare her.

When she finally got to the front door of the dorm, Nana took out her phone to call Jessica. She was about to dial Jessica's number, but then remembered that Jessica had to deliver a speech for freshmen orientation. Jin Ah checked the time and put her phone back into her bag.

10:37 A.M

It was still too early to bother Jessica because the orientation starts at 11 and ends at around 1PM.

'I'm bored.'

"Hokshi neo byeol byeol byeol iyuro. Nareul suelpeuge hamyeon. Neoui nunuel ttagapge halgeoya"

Nana heard her ringtone and reached into her bag to get her phone.

"Yoboseyo?" Nana asked through the phone.

"Yah Jin Ah. How could you come back and not find me or at least greet me?" The voice on the other line whined.

"Haha... Mianhe Raina Unnie. Where are you right now?" 

"At A.S Café. You want to get some brunch with me?"

"Oh sure. I'll be there in 20 minutes."

"Bye Jin Ah!"

Nana put her phone into her sweater's pocket and started jogging to A.S Café.

~~

Lizzy finally finished unpacking all the items in her luggage and hopped onto her bed. The girl was tired, but who wouldn't be after unloading two bags of clothes, and other necessities? 

"Aish! I don't even remember bringing or buying all those outfits! Now more importantly, why are all my shirts long sleeves and why are all my pants only up to my knee at highest? Jooyeon Appa must've snuck into my luggage the night before my flight and repacked all my stuff. " Lizzy mumbled into her pillow.

Flashback

Lizzy was in the shower and getting ready to go to bed early. The young girl has a flight bound for Seoul tomorrow morning. Her cousin, Tiffany, will be picking her up and driving her to their university.

Jooyeon snuck into her oldest daughter's room and looked at the luggage to see what clothes Lizzy packed. Luckily their bathroom was downstairs and Lizzy usually takes long showers.

"What the?!" Jooyeon screamed like she just saw her worst nightmare, which it probably was her nightmare because the woman pulled out some tank tops and short shorts.

"Oh hell no! I am NOT letting my daughter wear these outfits! Those erted boys in her school would hound her like evil, erted, wild dogs!!! She might not be a baby anymore, but she is still a baby in my eyes!" Jooyeon screamed. Being the protective Appa she is, Jooyeon quickly changed all the somewhat revealing clothes in Lizzy's luggage with comfortable clothes that showed little to no skin.

"Hmph.. I will kill any guy that tries to touch my baby!" Jooyeon pouts.

"Umma! I found Appa!" Yi Young shouts and points to a frowning Jooyeon that was sitting on the floor and in front of Lizzy's luggage.

"Yah! Lee Jooyeon what are you doing in Sooyoung's room?"

"N-Nothing" Jooyeon stuttered. 

"You idiot. Did you do something to our daughter's luggage?" Uee asked while glancing at the baggage on the floor. Jooyeon faked a laugh and shook her head innocently.

“Now why would I do that?” Jooyeon pouted and batted her eyes.

“Because you’re an idiot?” Uee answered and giggled. Jooyeon heard this and was not amused.

“You’re always so mean to me.” Jooyeon faked a laugh in hopes of changing the topic.

“Appa is so dumb” Yi Young shook her head.

“Come on Yi Young. Let’s go get some ice cream.” Uee sighed and held her daughter’s hand. The mother realized that it was no use questioning her wife because Jooyeon has always been crazy and protective of Lizzy. Although Jooyeon teased Lizzy a lot, it was quite obvious that the woman loved Lizzy a lot.

“Yeobo! Yi Young! Wait for me!” Jooyeon got off the floor and ran downstairs.

Sooyoung walked into her room in shorts, a loose t-shirt and with a towel around her neck to dry her wet hair. The incoming freshmen put her bottle of water on her desk, next to her lamp and charging phone.

“Hm.. I could’ve sworn I heard Appa here.” Lizzy murmured.

Lizzy checked the time on her phone and noticed that it was already 10 at night.

She decided not to question any further because it was already pretty late into the evening and she has a really early flight to catch. The freshmen hooked up the blow dryer to a power outlet to dry her hair. When she finished she moved the luggage and went to bed.

‘That’s weird. I don’t remember my luggage being that heavy’ Lizzy thought and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Meanwhile in the other room, Jooyeon was smiling proudly to herself.

'No one can have my daughter. Over my dead body'

Flashback End

“Aish.. Jooyeon Appa deserves to win ‘dumbest Appa of the year’ award. I swear.”

Suddenly the young girl’s phone started ringing.

“Neo ttaemune manhido ureosseo, maeil bam nan
Neo ttaemune manhido useosseo, geudae ttaemune
Neo ttaemune sarangeul mideosseo, oh boy
Neo ttaemune, neo ttaemune, moduda ilheosseo”

Lizzy looked at the caller ID and chuckled.

“And speak of the devil.”

The freshmen accepted the call and grinned even though the person on the other side of the line can’t see her.

“Hello Appa” Lizzy said.

“Is my Lizzy doing well?” Jooyeon asked.

“Aha.. I’m fine Appa. Now I have a question for you.”

“What is it?”

“Appa… did you change the clothes in my luggage?” Lizzy asked seriously. The girl heard a gulp and the sound of someone else shouting.

“Yah! Lee Jooyeon! I knew you went through our daughter’s luggage! Aish!” Uee shouted and gently hit Jooyeon’s head.

“Appa deserves to get hit.” Yi Young laughed.

“Well forgive me for caring about Lizzy! I just don’t want erts to be around my daughter! You know how adorable and beautiful our girl is!” Jooyeon said to defend herself.

“Appa is that sarcasm?”

“What do you mean Sooyoung?”

“How many times have you told me that I’m pretty and then say you’re joking” Lizzy pouted.

“Awww my baby is the cutest okay?”

“Okay Appa. And don’t worry. I’m not mad that you changed my clothes. I know you love me. I love you too Appa”

"See Uee!!"

“Yah! Lee Jooyeon, give me the phone! She’s my daughter too!” Uee whined.

“I called her first!”

“Please jagiya?” Uee did her aegyo. Jooyeon quickly handed her phone to Uee who smirked in victory. Yi Young watched and laughed at her Appa.

“Sooyoung-Ah”

“Yes Umma?”

“Are you fitting in well in University?”

“It’s a little scary. Seoul is nothing like it was in Busan, but I’ll manage.”

“That’s good. If you ever feel like calling home just tell us. We love you.”

“I love you too Umma. Tell Appa and Yi Young I love them okay? Bye Umma.”

“Bye Sooyoung!”

Lizzy hanged up on the phone and put it on the nightstand to charge. She looked at the picture in her wallet and smiled.

Flashback

The 3rd graders and 4th graders at Pledis Elementary were in the school’s playground and getting ready for a day in the amusement park. Lizzy was playing alone in the swings while the other kids discussed their plans for the day. Sooyoung looked at the ground while rocking back and forth on the swing. None of the other kids wanted to even look at the girl. Lizzy could hear the other kids talking amongst themselves and making fun of her as usual.

“She has no friends”

“Of course. Who would be friends with her?”

“Her family is weird. I bet she will be just as weird when she grows up”

Lizzy heard all the usual insults and questioned why she decided to even show up today. It wasn’t mandatory for the kids to go. The girl was wondering why she didn’t stay home.

‘You don’t even know anything about me. Why are you talking about my family and me that way? What have I done wrong?’ Lizzy was so close to crying until she felt someone embrace her from behind. Lizzy gasped, but loosened up when she realized who was hugging her. She snuggled closer to the girl and felt her tighten the hug.

“Jin Unnie..” Lizzy mumbled while rubbing her red eyes.

“It’s okay Sooyoung. I’m here. I won’t let them hurt you.” 9-year-old Nana whispered and glared at the other kids. None of the other children in Lizzy’s class dared to look Nana in the eyes.

Suddenly a teacher came and ended the tension.

“Alright. It’s time to board the buses. 4th graders in that bus and 3rd graders in the other bus.” Lizzy’s 3rd grade teacher instructed.

The kids slowly lined up, but Nana refused to let go of Lizzy’s hand. Lizzy’s teacher noticed this and smiled.

“Jin Ah.. this is the bus for 3rd graders.” Ms. Kim said.

“I know seonsaengnim, but I’m not leaving Sooyoung alone with those bullies” Jin Ah said firmly. Lizzy looked at the older girl and hid behind her to hide her blush.

“You’re a good girl Jin Ah. How about this, you board your bus and I’ll sit with Sooyoung so they can’t bother her. Okay?” Ms. Kim smiled at the kids.

“Sooyoung is that okay with you?” Nana asked her favorite dongsaeng.

The 8 year old looked at Nana and her teacher then shyly nodded.

“Okay. I’ll board my bus now. I promise I’ll play with you when we get there. Okay?” Jin Ah smiled.

“Okay Jin Unnie” Lizzy let go of Nana’s hand and slowly held her teacher’s. Before the 2 of them left for the bus, Lizzy ran back and kissed Nana on the cheek.

“Thank you Unnie” Lizzy muttered and ran back to hold her teacher’s hand.

At the amusement park

As soon as the 4th grade bus came to a stop. Nana ran out the door and waited for the 3rd grade bus. When she saw Lizzy come out with her teacher holding her hand, Nana smiled.

The younger girl saw her favorite Unnie and ran to hug her.

“Lets go get our tickets okay Soo?”

“Okay Unnie!” the 8 year old cutely responded and nodded excitedly.

Once they got into the park, Lizzy dragged Nana onto every ride, much to the older’s disdain.

“Sooyoung. Lets go there.” Nana said and pointed to the scary maze house.

“Lets NOT!” Sooyoung shook her head furiously.

“What? Are you scared?” Nana smirked.

“N-No..”

“Then let’s go!” This time Nana dragged the younger and the two of them made their way to the scary maze house. The attraction was darkish and greenish. You could barely see who was behind or in front of you. Lizzy stayed very close to Nana and refused to let go of the older’s hand. Nana felt Lizzy shaking and sighed.

‘You could have just told me that you’re scared. Sooyoung. How do you expect to protect yourself if you can’t even stand up to something like this? All you had to say was that you didn’t want to come’ Nana thought. She wanted to see how passive the younger was and, as expected, Lizzy was incredibly passive. It was no wonder little Sooyoung was such an easy target for bullies. Not only would she not fight back or talk back, she wouldn’t even go and tell a teacher that the other kids were harassing her. The only times Sooyoung felt safe were when Nana was around and when their teacher sees the other kids picking on the poor child.

Nana heard Lizzy scream every time a ghoul or a monster would pop up. Being the calm and composed person she was, Nana didn’t scream that much. She had to be strong for Lizzy. Suddenly a random monster scared Lizzy from her right.

“Kyaaaa!! I’ll be your friend if you don’t scare me!” Lizzy shouted.

Nana couldn’t stop laughing when she heard this.

“Ahaha Sooyoung oh my goodness. That’s too funny” Nana laughed. The actor pretending to be a monster also stopped to laugh. He has never seen such a cute pair of children. One was barely scared while the other was screaming her lungs out.

“Hmph!” Lizzy got tired of them laughing at her and stormed out of the exit. Nana quickly followed her.

“Sooyoung-Ah.. Are you mad?” Nana asked.

“Unnie you’re so mean. You know I don’t like scary things, and you still made me go. On top of that you laughed at me” Sooyoung pouted.

“Mianhe. I’ll make it up to you” Nana smiled.

“I want a picture with you.”

Nana wanted to say no, but when she saw the cute frown on little Sooyoung’s face she sighed and nodded.

“Okay lets take one.” Nana crossed her arms while Lizzy smiled at the camera. The two of them each had their own copy of the picture.

"I'll keep this always Unnie." Lizzy smiled and hugged the older girl.

"Me too."

Nana pinched the younger's cheeks and pecked her forehead.

“Now, lets go get some food. I'll pay.” Nana said.

“Yay! I love you Unnie.”

“I love you too Sooyoung.”

Flashback End

“Jin Unnie. How are you doing? Do you still remember me?”

‘My new roommate really reminds me of you, Unnie. I hope I can see you again. I really miss you. I love you.’

~~

Nana walked into the A.S Café, a popular café in the Pledis Dormitory area. The ice princess saw her friend Raina sitting in one of the booths and sat down with her.

“Nana!!” The older, but shorter, girl cheerfully shouted and hugged her.

“Hi Raina.” Nana replied while smiling.

“How was your break?” Raina asked while sipping her coffee.

“It was alright” Nana said and ordered a cup of coffee.

“So who’s the lucky person to be your roommate this year?”

“This freshmen that’s majoring in music and minoring in English”

“Is she interesting?”

“What do you mean interesting?”

“Like how is she?”

“She’s.... kind of cute. She is definitely a very pretty and adorable girl. I don’t really know her personality yet, but she seems really dorky. When I first saw her, she was standing outside our door and zoning out.”

“Aww.. she sounds adorable!” Raina squealed.

“I guess. But something about her is kind of strange.”

“How so?”

“She really reminds me of Sooyoung.”

“That childhood friend of yours?”

“Yeah. The two of them give off the same aura.”

“Maybe it’s her?” Raina gasped.

Nana raised her eyebrow and chuckled.

“What are the odds of that? Come on Raina. This isn’t some cliché Korean drama. The chances of that happening are probably one out of a million. Like how can such a coincidence be possible? We get separated and then 10 years later we end up in the same university and even become roommates? The whole thing just seems like a fantasy that is too hackneyed.” Nana coolly replied and drank her ice-cold coffee.

Raina hears her friend’s explanation and pouts.

“You’re such a kill joy Nana. Like you said, one in a million, that still means there’s that one. Who knows maybe it is that one. If it is then you must be the luckiest person alive.”

Nana looked at Raina with a sad smile.

“I just don’t want to get my hopes up.”

‘Deep down I really do wish that it’s you, Sooyoung’

TBC

Thank you all for reading. I think from now on I’ll update every Saturday to make your week feel so much longer. Mwahaha. /Arrogance

@ renminki PillowSica is the true OTP. And Sica x AC XD Who wouldn’t be shocked by Nana’s beauty? And LOL Fany is such a fangirl!
@ Jung-JiWoo They’ll find out eventually :3
@ vitaamor Aha, thank you. I’m glad you think my plot is decent. Although I get writer’s block a lot. Lets how that doesn’t happen to this story ><
@ mondachan keke NaLiz living together ;D and Fangirl Fany xD
@ JeTiLoveJeNy Yay we have the same OTPs ;D. Fany is always cute <33 And NaLiz miss each other a lot
@ Seiitsu Thank you! I’m glad NaLiz shippers like this. I wasn’t expecting much readers tbh. And LOL I realized I made the character bios like that, but no. Bekah isn’t Sica’s mom. If she was then Bekah had Sica when she was like 11 and that’s too weird for me xD Sica is JungAh’s sister’s daughter.

@ AsukaEnergetic JeTi are always cute, but don’t expect too much JeTi and YoonYul considering this is mainly a NaLiz story xD JeTi maybe once every few chapters. NaLiz don’t recognize each other because they did not have those nicknames before. Those names were given after they separated.
@ AS-VIP those are my OTPs <3 and thank you for reading
@ playgirlz_school Once a week sound good? xD
@ nalizforever thank you ^_^ NaLiz really is the perfect couple.