I Don't Know

My Girlfriend's Nosy Parents

I Don't Know

"Me or Soojung? If you had to choose, who would you rather date?" The goddess of pledis' hall questioned her roommate while staring and anticipating the answer. 

Lizzy had no idea how to respond at the moment. Both answers seem to be wrong in her opinion.

"W-why do you want to know Unnie?" Lizzy stuttered.

"No real reason. I just want to know" Nana answered nonchalantly. 

Sooyoung blink in response and bit her lower lip. She wanted to answer 'neither' because in her heart was only Park Jin Ah, but she felt that would've been a really rude answer.

"You're not answering, is that because you'd pick Soojung?" The blonde asked and Lizzy could sense a hint of disappointment in the girl's tone.

"No! I-I mean... I don't know. You both are really different but you both have qualities that I like in someone" Lizzy finally answered and looked over at Nana. The older girl gave her usual unreadable expression, but she honestly felt disappointed in the answer. It's true that comparing herself to her cousin is like night and day because of all their contradicting personalities, but Jin Ah was childish. She hated losing, even if it's for something that's not a big deal to others. It was just in her nature to be like this. The only thing Park Jin Ah hated more than losing is sharing something she has interests in.

"Whatever..." Nana mumbled and went back to sipping her coffee. The younger girl sighed knew it was going to be a long night.

'Every time I think we're getting along, something happens. Why is she so childish? It's kind of cute though. Nana Unnie really reminds me of Jin Ah Unnie in a lot of ways' The brunette thought.

Flashback

"Soo-ah, are you ready to go home?" 9 year old Jin Ah asked her best friend since she walks the younger home every day. The older girl finished packing as soon as the bell rang and quickly ran to the third grader's room. Jin Ah noticed there was another girl who appeared to be waiting for her best friend. Nana looked at the girl coldly and then looked at Sooyoung, who had a face of guilt.

"Sorry Jin Unnie. I have to do something with my classmate Naeun today." 8 year Sooyoung explained and bowed to her best friend.

Nana frowned in response and turned away from her friend.

"Whatever..." the 9 year old replied and made her way home.

"Jin Ah, you're home?" Jin Ah's mother, Jungah asked from the kitchen.

"Yes Omma" the child answered.

"Can you check up on Kaeun to see if she needs to change her diaper?" Jungah asked her daughter.

"Okay Omma."

The first born ran upstairs to the infant's room and walked towards the crib. The baby was sleeping soundly and Nana watched her patiently. She checked the baby to see if she needed new diapers and she didn't. Jin Ah leaned over the crib and sighed. She couldn't get the weird feeling off her chest. She should be happy that Sooyoung has classmates that won't bully her, but she didn't like the idea of the girl getting close to anyone but her. To get some things off her chest, the girl began talking to the sleeping child.

"Kaeun-ah, is your unnie a bad person? She should be happy for Sooyoung right? What is this weird feeling on my chest? It hurts seeing Sooyoung with someone else." Nana mumbled even though she knew the baby didn't hear her at all. 

Suddenly she saw her little sister squirm around before waking up. The baby looked at her older sister and slowly started crying. Jin Ah quickly reacted by carrying the crying infant downstairs to their mother.

"Omma! Kaeun woke up and started crying!" Jin Ah screamed in a panic. Jungah watched her innocent first born and smiled. 

"She must need a diaper change." The woman replied and carried the baby into her arms.

"Jin Ah, you know where her diapers are right? Can you go grab me one?"

"Okay Omma!" The little girl quickly ran to the storage room and brought out the diaper and some baby wipes.

"Thanks sweetie" Jungah said and began changing the second born. Nana watched carefully as her mother took care of her little sister.

"So how was school?" The woman asked.

"It was alright" Nana answered, but Jungah could sense something was bothering her child.

"Is something wrong sweetie?"

Young Nana simply shook her head, but her mother was not convinced.

"Park Jin Ah, no lying to mommy. Now tell me what's wrong."

"..." Jin Ah turned away and wondered what would be the right thing to ask. Meanwhile Jungah finished changing the infant and slowly lulled her back to sleep.

"Omma..." Jin Ah shyly called out.

"Yes?"

"What is it called when you have a bad feeling on your chest because you see someone being taken away from you?" The little girl asked her mother.

"It's called jealousy sweetie. Why do you ask?"

"Because I hate this feeling" Nana replied.

"Did something happen?"

"Sooyoung had to go with someone else today." Nana pouted and Jungah smiled at her adorable and innocent child.

"Aww sweetie. You shouldn't be jealous. You know Sooyoung is your friend" Said Jungah as she put Kaeun down on the baby carriage and then hug her first child.

"What should I do then? I don't want to seem like a bad Unnie. I don't want her to think that she can't have other friends"

"I guess if she is playing with other kids then you can too"

Nana thought hard for a second and then smiled.

"You're right Omma! Thank you!"

~~

The next day Jin Ah walked to school and saw young Lizzy playing with that Naeun girl once again. Nana frowned, but tried to ignore them. She didn't want her best friend to notice that she was sad. The two younger girls were by the swings and smiling to each other, which just fueled the young girl's jealousy even more. Nana sat on the table by the trees for shade and noticed a girl there also staring at the pair with obvious looks of jealousy. Each time the two smiled to each other, the two by the trees frowned.

The two kids unknowingly sighed in sync and then looked at each other surprised.

"Why are you sighing unnie?" The girl asked Nana.

"Same reason you are" Nana answered and pointed to the two girls.

The girl pouted and then nodded.

"What is your name?" Jin Ah asked the younger. 

"Jung Eunji. I'm in 3A" The younger replied.

"Park Jin Ah. 4A" replied the older of the two and then shook her hand.

"So you're Sooyoung's friend?" Eunji asked and Nana nodded.

"And you're Naeun's friend?"

The other girl also nodded in response.

"We must be in the same boat." Nana chuckled.

"Yeah. Naeun left without me yesterday and went to school without me today." Eunji sadly laughed.

"So since we're lonely, you want to do something somewhere else?" Nana asked.

"Okay Unnie"

The two walked inside the school to the library and slowly read each other stories before class started and they had to report to their classes. Once it was lunch, Nana packed up her stuff and walked down to the third graders' hallway like always, the only thing that was different this time is that she stopped at 3A instead of the usual 3B.

Eunji walked out and was surprised by the taller girl there.

"You want to eat lunch with me?" Nana asked.

"Sure Unnie. I think Naeun and Sooyoung might be eating together so yeah. I don't want to interrupt them" said Eunji and the two made their way to the cafeteria. Meanwhile in 3B, Naeun and Lizzy were waiting for their usual friends to come. After about 5 minutes, they felt weird to not have seen their friends.

"You want to go to the lunchroom together Sooyoung?" Naeun asked.

"Okay" 

The two walked to the cafeteria and looked around. After a while, they spotted Nana and Eunji sitting together and sharing food. The two girls looked at the pair and began to feel sad.

"Sooyoung-ah, I didn't know Eunji was friends with Jin Ah Unnie" Naeun said and crossed her arms. She was not happy seeing her best friend giving Jin Ah her beaming eye-smile.

"Me too"

Lizzy wanted to cry when she saw Nana pampering the young Busan girl. The 9 year old was not only feeding Eunji, but also wiping her face. Lizzy looked at Naeun and realized the girl was no longer next to her, but in front of the unexpected pair.

Naeun glared at Eunji who was wondering what she had done wrong. Lizzy knew her classmate could not express herself well and would probably do something she'd regret so she quickly walked up to Naeun to calm down the younger girl. Naeun looked like she was going to cry any moment from her red eyes. Eunji noticed and quickly sat up.

"What's wrong Naeun?" Eunji worriedly asked.

"You should know!" Naeun screamed at Eunji.

"W-What?" Poor innocent Eunji was just so confused and clueless of her friend's jealousy.

Naeun couldn't understand why she was so mad so she just stormed away from the shocked Eunji. Once the girl snapped out of it, she ran after the younger. Nana and Lizzy quickly followed, but they weren't talking or even looking at each other.

Once they caught up to Naeun, they saw the girl sitting by the edge of the fountain and crying.

Eunji was just so confused. She had no idea what was happening and scratched her head from frustration. Lizzy put her hand on the girl's shoulder and smiled.

"You should talk to Naeun."

Eunji nodded and carefully walked up to the girl before crouching in front of the crying child.

"Naeunnie... don't cry. Unnie hates seeing Naeunnie cry"

"Go away. Go play with Jin Ah Unnie" Naeun said, but she was secretly happy to see Eunji making an effort to cheer her up.

"Why? Naeunnie is Eunnie's best friend. Shouldn't Naeunnie be playing with Eunnie?" Eunji cutely asked.

Nana watched and realized that Naeun was jealous. She slowly smiled because she now knows that jealousy is a common feeling that a lot of people experience. It was a perfectly normal thing that she should not feel ashamed for feeling. Someone will only be jealous if they care. This made Nana wonder about Lizzy. If Naeun was jealous seeing Eunji with her, was Sooyoung jealous seeing her with Eunji? Nana glanced at her best friend who was standing next to her shyly with a little blush.

"Why were you playing with Jin Ah Unnie then?" Naeun pouted.

"Because Naeunnie was ignoring me..." Eunji replied and looked away to hide her sad face. Little Naeun had a shock expression before realizing that she had been ignoring Eunji.

"I'm sorry Eunji!" Naeun apologized and hugged the older girl. Eunji grinned and returned the hug.

Nana smiled at the two fixing their problem and then looked at Lizzy. Neither of them spoke until finally Lizzy called Nana for attention.

"Jin Unnie..."

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry" Lizzy said.

"For what?"

"For ignoring you. I didn't mean to." Lizzy answered as tears fell from her eyes. The older turned around and wiped the younger's tears.

"Don't cry Soo-ah... it's okay" Nana comforted the girl and pat her head.

"I'm really sorry. I ignored you and then I was not happy seeing you play with someone else. I must be a really bad girl" Sooyoung continued crying.

"You're not bad Soo-ah. It's called jealousy and it is a perfectly normal thing. You only feel this if you really care about someone" Jin Ah explained to the younger, hoping she would understand and feel better.

"R-Really Unnie?"

"Yes really." Nana said and kissed Sooyoung's cheek.

"Now let's go play okay?" The older said as she held the brunette's hands and walked away.

Jin Ah learned something new today. Not only does jealousy happen to everyone and is a sign of caring, it can be something that brings both problems and solutions.

Sooyoung was still trying to grasp the concept of jealousy before it finally hits her.

"Unnie were you jealous?" The younger curiously asked.

Nana blushed in response and furiously shook her head.

"No way!!"

"Aha Unnie don't lie."

"I really wasn't!" Nana argued.

"Fine! This means you don't love me!" Sooyoung pretended to be angry and walked from the older girl. Jin Ah took a while to understand the situation before she finally got it.

"Wait!! Soo!! Yes I was jealous!!" Nana screamed as she chased after the younger girl.

Flashback End

Lizzy stared at Nana for a while until a light bulb lit up in her head.

'Is Nana Unnie jealous of Krystal?'

~~

"This idiot is my sister" Jessica sighed as she was explaining.

"Sister?!" Tiffany shouted.

"Yes sister." Krystal laughed. She couldn't believe how gullible the girl was, but she was definitely entertaining.

"Ahaha, your friend is hilarious Unnie." The younger Jung continued laughing while Jessica was obviously annoyed.

Once Krystal calmed down, she walked up to Tiffany and properly introduced herself this time.

"Let me introduce myself. I'm Jung Soojung or you can call me Krystal. I am Jessica's younger sister from New York. I'm in Pledis hall and I'm actually 2 years younger than you, I skipped a grade. Nice to meet you" Krystal said as she reached out her hand.

Tiffany carefully shook the girl's hand, but she was relieved to know that Jessica was not engaged to anyone.

The pre-med major could not believe how contradicting but similar the two Jungs were at the same time. Jessica was more closed, quiet and hard to read, but warm if you get to know her better. Krystal on the other hand is out going and social, but also hard to read and she seemed to be a much more mysterious person than she appears. She could tell that every movement she was doing was getting analyzed by the younger Jung so she had to be careful to make a good first impression.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Hwang Miyoung, but please call me Tiffany. I'm the same age as your sister and majoring in pre-medical." Tiffany said and gave Krystal a warm eye-smile.

The younger girl watched Tiffany closely and didn't think the girl was a bad person.

"Wow you're pretty. You're Sica Unnie's girlfriend right? Lemme tell you to be careful though, Sica might seem cool and mysterious, but she's actually a big dork and a -OW!!" Krystal was being her usual self and embarrassing her beloved sister until Jessica hits her in the head to shut her up. 

"Unnie-Yah, that hurt!" Krystal whined.

"Good. It was supposed to." Jessica replied uncaring. 

Tiffany watched the siblings interact and smiled. She could tell the two had a really special bond, even for sisters.

"One, she's not my girlfriend. And two, you're an idiot Krys. I'm going out for a jog" Jessica said and walked out the door.

"Phew... Unnie is as cold as usual. Actually she's even colder now because of that b*tch" Krystal sighed.

"Who?" Tiffany curiously asked.

Krystal looked at Tiffany smirked.

"You have a crush on my Unnie don't you?" Krystal teased.

"What?! N-No!!"

"Unnie please... I'm not stupid. Aha. It's cute and you're way better than her stupid exes. I'll just tell you now, don't give up on my Unnie. She'll give in eventually. And if she doesn't, I'm free." Krystal joked and playfully winked at the shorter girl.

"Am I that obvious?" Tiffany shyly questioned.

"Yes... yes you are. And also, I'm talking about her stupid ex, Goo Hara. Actually all her exes have been stupid." Krystal answered and flopped down on her sister's bed.

"Krystal-ssi"

"Just Krystal is fine"

"Okay Krystal, do you think your sister will like me back?"

"I don't know Unnie, but I believe if something is meant to happen, it will. For now just keep trying. If it doesn't work out, it just means it wasn't meant to happen in the first place."

~~ 

Nana opened the door to her dorm and walked in without waiting for her roommate. She took off her shoes and walked to the bathroom to get ready for bed.

Lizzy could only sigh at how bipolar her roommate was. One moment she's so nice to her, and then the next she ignores her. She was wondering why Nana had such an effect on her. She barely knows this girl after all.

Once Nana finished with the bathroom, the freshman quickly did her nightly routines and got ready for bed. When she walked out, Nana was already in her bed and with her back turned away from her. The younger silently sighed and turned off all the lights in the room before crawling into her bed.

'I just want to be friends with her. Why is she is hard to read?' Lizzy asked herself before slowly drifting off to sleep.

Nana looked outside the window in their dorm and could only stare at the bright moon.

'I only love Lee Sooyoung. I promised both her and myself that, so why is this new girl making me feel so weird? I never cared for anyone else before.' Nana couldn't sleep so she took out her headphones and slowly played music hoping it could clear her head. Suddenly the song, I Don't Know, by APink came on.

I Don't Know

Don’t do this
Baby you don’t know
You don’t know my heart
Don’t stop
We don’t have time
You don’t know
My heart grows
Hundred times a day
I think about you but you don’t know,

How can you not know my heart?
What you have to do
I’ll confess,
If I step closer, you’ll step back
I want you closer,
Close to me so I can’t let go
I want to show you my everything
How come you’re so Cuckoo?

Many times I’ve given you hints
You still don’t know my heart
I’m always saying this but
How can you not know?
I get nervous,
Everytime I think of you

You don’t know
My heart grows
Hundred times a day
I think about you but you don’t know
How can you not know my heart?
What you have to do
I’ll confess,
If I step closer, you’ll step back
I want you closer,
Close to me so I can’t let go
I want to show you my everything
How come you’re so Cuckoo?

Many times I’ve given you hints
I’m always saying this but
How can you not know?

Now I can’t sleep
Look back and look at me now
I’m going to go closer
You’re worthy for my love
But you don’t know

How come you’re so Cuckoo?
Many times I’ve given you hints
You don’t know my heart
I’m always saying this but
How can you not know?

Nana listened to the song's lyrics closely and then quietly turned around to look at the sleeping freshman. The older girl groaned at the thought of how uncanny and cliche the timing for the song was, but also felt curious. Nana was not one to be superstitious or believe in stuff like signs and fate, but just this once she wondered if this is destiny.

'I can't be falling for that freshman... can I?'

The sophomore slowly fell asleep with millions of questions racing inside her head, but she knew none of them would be answered anyways.

TBC
Sorry I have not updated in such a long time. I've been having writer's block because of some personal problems. If anyone is wondering, you can kinda get a good idea here Miracles in December. Thank you to all 133 of you who subscribed to this story, all 11 upvoters, all those who comment. I'm truly sorry that I'm such a disappointing author. I will try to update as soon as possible.

@ lizzy_as almost 3 months... I
@ imhyorin I'm an unnie? omg... :| and I will try to incorporate more of the side pairings
@ mondchan even more jealousy this chapter~
@ Coiste I think Krystal is my favorite character here
@ vitaamor thank you *bows* and yes, Krystal is a weirdo ^^  
@ AsukaEnergetic jealous nana is cute and Krystal is the best
@ AsianTofu oh awks. Aha
@ anais1387 soon... they will find out soon :)
@ SueNASOO aha my story isn't really cool but thank you. They'll find out soon.