Wishlist

My Girlfriend's Nosy Parents

Wishlist

Lizzy woke up earlier than her alarm clock the next morning. The girl yawned and slowly got off her bed to freshen herself up in the bathroom. She did her morning routines quietly to avoid waking up her roommate. After all those bipolar and awkward moments between the two, Sooyoung knew that Nana was not someone who was easy to handle. Maybe her cousin Tiffany was right to advise her to stay clear of Park Nana.

While she was brushing her teeth in the bathroom, the sophomore in the bedroom was tossing and turning in her bed before finally giving up on going back to sleep. Nana was tired and barely slept at all last night.

'Everything was fine before this freshman came along. She just randomly came into my life and make me think so differently now.' Nana thought and frowned. The tall blonde hugged her pillow and closed her eyes as she deeply sighed.

She heard the bathroom door open and quickly pretended to be asleep again so her roommate would not be aware that she is actually awake. Lizzy walked out and quietly got her clothes from her closet to change into. Nana watched the girl carefully change and felt herself getting hot from the sight.

' Park Jin Ah. Why are you staring? Wait what's wrong with that? I've dated plenty of people anyway. I can stare at whoever I want'

Once Lizzy finished changing, she made her way out the dorm. When the coast was clear, Nana got off her bed and stared at the white door. She ruffled her messy bed head and heaved a long sigh.

'What is wrong with me?'

  ~~

"Morning Lizzy" Krystal greeted as she saw Lizzy walking to the main lobby of the pledis dormitory.

"Good morning Krystal" the older girl replied while smiling at her friend.

"You want to go get breakfast?" the younger asked.

"Sure" replied Lizzy.

The two freshmen started walking and talking about random things. When they reached the nearest restaurant by their dorm, they sat in a table for two and ordered their food. Both of their classes don't start until an hour and a half later so they had the morning to relax.

Lizzy sipped her caramel latte and listened to Krystal retell the story of how she messed with her sister and her friend last night. The older brunette almost choked on her drink when she realized that Krystal was describing her cousin, Tiffany, and the hot girl whom they almost got into a car accident with on the first day of school. She had no idea those two are friends now.

"That's your Unnie?!"

"Yeah! We don't really look related but people say we have some similar traits. I don't really see it though. I'm tall, cute, hot, smart and pretty" the girl boasted jokingly, which made Lizzy laugh in response.

"You're so modest you know that? And I don't know what you're saying because your Unnie is hot!" Lizzy said.

"What?! Jessica Unnie?! Hot?! No way" the girl shook her head furious and crossed her arms to make a giant 'X' to illustrate her intense disapproval of Lizzy's statement.

"Your family has amazing genes. Like everyone in your family all seem so good looking. Jessica Unnie, Nana Unnie... oh wait there's you. Never mind. Although there are outliers in every family I guess." Sooyoung teased and giggled when she saw the frown on the younger's face.

"Yah! I'll have you know that I'm the hottest in my family! You'd drool if you saw my abs!"

"Yeah... sure." Lizzy rolled her eyes.

"Hmph." Krystal pouted, but then playfully grinned when she thought of a way to get back at the girl.

"Are you sure Tiffany Unnie is your cousin? She's so sweet and cute. She's nothing like you... thank god. I can't imagine how unfortunate her life would be if she was like y-mmmfh!"

Lizzy angrily stuffed a big piece of french toast into the girl's mouth and then cutely pouted.

Krystal gulped down the french toast and drank her milk to prevent herself from choking.

Both girl looked at each other seriously before breaking out into laughter. They enjoyed each other's company a lot. Although they barely knew each other, they could tell that they would get along very well.

'She's really so different from Nana Unnie'

Suddenly Lizzy overheard the conversation behind her and lost her train of thought.

"Naeun-ah, you want to come over to my dorm tonight?" Lizzy heard someone ask, the voice sounded like a male.

"For the last time Taemin, no. We're dating but we don't have to take it so fast you know" the girl replied.

'Naeun?' Lizzy thought to herself and wondered why that name sounded so familiar.

"God Son Naeun, why are you so uptight? You should relax every so often you know?" the guy, Taemin, asked.

"Lee Taemin, I am not having this conversation. You either respect my decision or you don't. If it's the latter then we can just break up right here and right now" the girl coldly answered.

"S-Sorry babe. I went over the line. I'll wait. I have class now, bye. I'll text you later." The guy apologized and left money on the table to pay for the bill, leaving Naeun alone. 

Naeun leaned back on the chair and sighed from frustration. She felt someone tap her shoulder and coldly glared in response because she assumed it was her boyfriend. She was surprised when she saw a girl staring at her with obvious looks of confusion and curiosity.

"Can I help you?" Naeun asked and tried her best to be as polite as possible.

"Are you Son Naeun?"

"Yes I am. And you are?"

"Naeun, it's me. Lee Sooyoung."

Naeun's eyes widened in surprise and she quickly got off her seat to hug her old friend.

"Sooyoung Unnie?! I thought you moved to Busan!" Naeun excitedly questioned.

"I did! I'm back in Seoul now for University." Lizzy answered.

"It's great to see you again. Are you eating alone?"

"No, I'm eating with my friend Krystal. Let me introduce you to her" Lizzy smiled.

Naeun and Lizzy went back to the table and saw Krystal checking her phone.

"Soojung-ah" Lizzy called out.

"Yeah?" Krystal replied and put away her phone. She saw a pretty girl around her age next to Lizzy.

"This is Son Naeun, an old friend and classmate of mine. Naeun, this is Krystal Jung SooJung, she's in my English class"

"Nice to meet you. I'm Son Naeun"

"Likewise, I'm Krystal Jung"

Naeun sat next to Lizzy and the three began to hold a conversation.

"So what dormitory and major are you in Naeun-ssi?" Krystal asked.

"SM Hall. I'm majoring in Chemistry" Naeun replied and gave a small smile.

"Woah. Chem? I always knew you were smart, but wow Naeun." Lizzy complimented the girl.

Krystal stared at Naeun and the latter looked at her awkwardly. She could feel the girl staring intensely at her. Even though Naeun is used to people staring, since she gained the nickname of "SM dormitory's Goddess", just under "SM's Ice Queen" Jessica Jung, it was still rather uncomfortable to have someone watch you so intensely.

"Is there something on my face Krystal-ssi?"

"Oh my apologies. It's just that you seem awfully familiar."

"I do?"

Krystal thought long and hard before it finally clicked in her head, and she was not thrilled when she realized who the girl in front of her was.

"Oh my god... you're Son Naeun. I remember you now." Krystal mumbled while rolling her eyes in disgust.

Sooyoung felt something was wrong with Krystal's tone and reaction. The girl rarely ever spoke to anyone so coldly or harshly. She usually treated everyone with respect.

"H-Have we met before?" Naeun awkwardly asked. She was honestly scared by Krystal's sudden shift in attitude.

"You're the girl who broke my cousin's heart." Krystal angrily stated and avoided looking at the girl.

"W-Who is your cousin?"

"Jung Eunji. She's my uncle's daughter from my dad's side. I'm sure you remember her, don't you, you coldhearted witch?"

"Krystal!" Lizzy shouted.

Naeun's eyes widened at the name and looked down in shame. Lizzy on the other hand was beyond surprised. Is this the same dorky girl who greeted her on the first day by flirting with her? What has Naeun done to evoke such a response and bad impression on Krystal. Sooyoung noticed how Krystal didn't even flinch a little when she yelled at her. The younger girl was obviously adamant about her opinions on Son Naeun.

"Y-You're Eunji Unnie's cousin?"

"Yes." Krystal sharply answered.

"I-I'm sorry." Naeun apologized.

"Sorry won't change the past. What's done is done"

"I-I hope she is well right now"

"Whatever. It's none of your concern anymore Son Naeun. Lizzy, I'll see you in class. I'm going to go for a jog and clear my head." Krystal said and excused herself from the other two girls. Sooyoung remained silent the whole time and didn't even say goodbye to Krystal because she was too dumbfounded at the moment. The girl had no idea what was going on so she looked at Naeun hoping to get answers as to why Krystal is suddenly so different.

"Eunji... wasn't she your best friend?" Lizzy hesitantly asked. She could tell that something had happened while she was in Busan, something big between the two previous best friends.

"She was, until I broke her heart and sent her away. I'm so horrible" Naeun answered and wiped the tears off her face.

Lizzy watched and felt so useless at the moment.

~~

Nana was watching television because she didn't have any classes for the day. She was focused on the show until the sound of her phone's ringtone broke her train of thought.

The girl looked at the phone and saw an incoming call from her cousin, Jessica.

"Hey Sica. What's up?" Nana asked as she picked up the phone.

"Guess who's back!" Jessica questioned loudly.

"Who?"

"Eunji!" The older girl answered.

"Really?!" Nana smiled.

"Yeah! She's going to be in your dormitory since she's majoring in music according to my uncle and aunt. She called me earlier to inform that she's here now and I gave her your dorm number so she could go visit you. Krys was out and I'm busy at the moment so I can't see her yet. She should be there anytime soon. I just wanted you to know." Jessica explained.

"Thanks Jess!"

As if on cue, Nana heard a knock on her door. The blonde quickly ran to the door and opened it. She was greeted by a cute eye-smile.

"Eunji!" Nana shouted and hugged her friend. Although Eunji is Jessica's cousin, the three of them spent their childhood together a lot. Nana didn't know Eunji was Jessica's cousin until after Lizzy left. The three became rather close, but then Eunji moved away during her second year of junior high school.

"Nana Unnie!" Eunji hugged the older girl.

Nana led Eunji into her room and the two began to catch up.

"So how have you been Eun?" 

"I'm fine. And you Unnie?"

"Alright I guess. So, how does it feel to be in Seoul again?"

"Weird I guess. I was away for only about 5 years, but I feel like I've been gone for over 10 years."

"It's great to have you back. You were the happy virus you know?"

"Aha, thanks Unnie."

The two chatted for a little more until Nana decided it was time to ask the more serious questions.

"Have you talked to Naeun since that incident?"

Eunji gave a small smile and shook her head.

"Eunji-Yah..."

"Yes Unnie?"

"Naeun goes to this school. You know that right?" Nana carefully asked.

"I know. I won't let her get in the way of my goals in life." Eunji replied.

"Have you thought about forgiving her?"

Eunji thought for a bit and then nodded.

"I mean if I bump into her, I won't just ignore her. We were best friends before the whole thing and it would be nice to be friends with her again. I'll do this if she shows me that she's sincerely sorry"

"That's good. Don't hold a grudge out for too long Eun" Nana told the younger and pat her head.

"Thanks Unnie"

~~

"Sooyoung Unnie"

"Yes Naeun?"

"Can you do me a favor?"

"What kind of favor?"

"I heard that Eunji Unnie is now in this school and in your dorm. If you find her, can you please tell her meet with me. I really want to talk to her about everything I did wrong."

"Sure. I'll help" Lizzy said.

"I just hope she'll forgive me" Naeun sadly sighed.

"Think positive Naeun. Look at it this way, after all that, you two still managed to end up in the same school once again. It must be saying something. I'm sure everything will work out."

"Thanks Unnie. I hope you find Jin Ah Unnie again too." Naeun smiled and hugged her friend before walking again.

'I hope I find Jin too. If Naeun was able to find Eunji again, I should be able to find Jin again right?'

~~

"So have you found Sooyoung yet?" Eunji asked her friend.

Nana shook her head.

"Don't give up unnie! You two will find each other again! I know you will!"

"Aha... I hope we do, but I just feel like losing hope now" Nana sadly admitted.

Eunji pouted at her friend's pessimism and gently hit the older girl's head.

"Yah! Be positive Unnie!"

"I don't even know if she's in Seoul. We haven't seen each other in 10 years Jung Eunji. You expect me to remain hopeful?" Nana frowned.

"Yes!"

"Geez Eunji, you're too optimistic sometimes" Nana groaned.

"Let me sing you a song to cheer you up!" Eunji stated. She looked through Nana's laptop to find a song suitable. She smiled when she found the perfect song and began to sing.

Wishlist

I’m not sure yet but
I remember you in my dreams
My only one
You you you you
I always think about it to myself
Waking me up in the morning as the sun rises
Holding both of my hands
Looking at each other in the eyes
Smiling with me at my words
Like a drama, like a movie
The one, single person who’ll be beside with me and guard me

Come, come to me
Approach me, step by step
I’ve had dreams like this where you appear
Bye bye bye, sadness
You’ll make me smile
I’ve been waiting for so long
You you you, come into my heart
aaaaaaaa oh
My wishlist
My a aaaaaaa oh
My wishlist

There’s one person
Who’ll secretly come to me
Into my dreams and make me smile
You you you you
Always make me laugh
You’ll make me fall into the sweetest dreams
I don’t know love

I haven’t been behaving too badly
So someone will give me a warm smile
Whispering words sweetly to me
A person who’ll be by my side, giving me light

Come, come to me
Approach me, step by step
I’ve had dreams like this where you appear
Bye bye bye, sadness
You’ll make me smile
I’ve been waiting for so long
You you you, come into my heart

Even if I try and picture it,
My heart flutters so much
The person who’ll love me more than anything
More than anyone

Why why why is love
Still not appearing in my eyes
When will it come to me

Come, come to me
Approach me, step by step
You you you, I’ve been waiting forever
come to my side
aaaaaaaa oh
My wishlist
My a aaaaaaa oh
My wishlist

The younger girl finished singing and gave her friend a big grin and her famous, million dollar eye-smile that could brighten up anyone's day.

"Always remain positive Unnie!"

Nana chuckled at her friend's positive attitude and ruffled the bubbly girl's hair again.

"You're so cute Eunji"

"I know I am." Eunji jokingly said and hugged her friend.

The two suddenly heard the door open. Nana and Eunji looked up and saw a brunette staring at them as they were hugging intently. Nana could swore that she saw a pained expression on the girl's face for a short second.

"S-Sorry for the intrusion!" The girl panicked and ran out of the room.

"Who was that?" Eunji asked.

"My roommate" Nana answered with her usual, cold face, but she felt a strange feeling in her stomach. The sight of Lizzy's hurt expression was running through Jin Ah's mind like a video that's being constantly replayed. Why did it matter to her? Why did she suddenly feel a rush of guilt inside of her? It's not like she was just caught cheating right? It's not like Lizzy is anything to Nana, except her roommate.

So why does she feel like this?

Why does Nana want to run and chase after Lizzy as if she needed to provide some kind of explanation to the younger so she wouldn't think something was happening between her and Eunji?

'What is wrong with me?Nana asked herself.

Lizzy ran out of her room with a mix of confusion and pain in her. The sight of Nana hugging another girl hit her hard and she didn't know why. Who is Nana to her anyway? She's just a roommate.

The girl tried to go to Krystal's room, but the girl was out at the moment. The only other place she could think of at the moment was her cousin's dorm.

Taking out her phone in haste, Lizzy dialed Tiffany's number and waited for her to pick up.

"Hello? Lizzy? What's wrong?"

"U-Unnie" Sooyoung stuttered.

"What is it?! Are you okay?!"

"I-I'm fine. I-I just suddenly feel really lonely right now" the girl mumbled.

"I'm coming over right now. Where are you?"

"Outside my dorm."

"I'll be there soon. Don't leave okay."

"Okay Unnie"

Lizzy put her phone in her bag and turned around to look at the building. She still can't get rid of that image in her head.

'I don't understand what's going on with me.'

TBC

Let's welcome Apink's Naeun and Eunji!
Thank you so much to all those who read, commented, subscribed and upvoted my story. I typed this 1/2 asleep so chances are you will find typos. I'm sorry I'm such a crappy author. :( Until next update! Happy Pi-Day and white day ^^
@ imhyorin thank you so much. That's really an honor for me
@babujjung Krys is my f(x) bias and fav character here.
@ dumb-iljin you're too nice ><
@ Icylips hopefully there will be Jooee in the next chapter.
@ anais1387 2eun
@ AsukaEnergetic Eunji and Naeun are members of Apink. And NaLiz, will find out... eventually
@ ShieshaN we have the same biases ^~^ aha I ship HaJoo. HaJi is like more like father unnie-dongsaeng relationship to me.

Edit: would anyone be interested in making a poster for me? >_<