Insane

My Girlfriend's Nosy Parents

Insane

Eunji's POV

After I took my shower I got ready for my only class for the day, singing.  Since I'm not really a person who cares much about my looks, I just wore the first outfit that was on top of my drawer. It was dark blue T-Shirt and black shorts. I had a messenger bag around my shoulders to carry all my papers, materials and other necessities. My conversation with Naeun earlier was still stuck in my head, but I just tried to shrug it off. It's not that I don't care, because I do, but I've always been someone who just accepts everything the way they are. Stressing about it won't change anything after all. I'm not like my cousins or Nana.

'Naeun told me she loves me. I should believe in her.'

When I finished, I locked up my room and made my way out the door. On the way to the cafeteria, I saw my cousin Krystal with a familiar girl. I got a closer look and realized it was Nana's roommate. The two of them were holding hands and walking the other way so they didn't notice me. I watched them from afar as Krystal was smiling and appeared to be telling jokes to Nana's roommate.

'What's going on?'

Suddenly my phone vibrated in my pocket and I rummaged through my baggy shorts until I found it. I checked the caller ID and it was my other cousin, Jessica. Sliding the green option, I picked up on the call and greeted my cousin.

"Good Morning Unnie. What's up? It's weird to see you up so early"

"Shut up Eun. I have a morning class today, that's why. Do you want to get breakfast with me? Soo Jung is eating breakfast with her girlfriend" my cousin nonchalantly told me. I almost choked hearing the word 'girlfriend'. Not that there's something wrong with that because I'm gay too but I never expected Krystal to get a girlfriend. She always seemed straight to me. 

"Woah what?! Soo Jung has a girlfriend?!" I shouted into the phone.

"Oh right. Oops I should've known that you weren't aware of that. But yeah, she's dating Lee Lizzy"

"Nana Unnie's roommate" I commented.

"You know?"

"Yeah, I saw her before."

"Alright, so do you want to meet up or something?" Jessica Unnie went back to the original reason for calling.

"Oh sure. Where?" I asked.

"The cafe by my dormitory. I'll come pick you up."

"Thanks Unnie. I'll wait outside."

I hung up on the call and walked out of the building to wait for my cousin to pick me up. She arrived in like 5 minutes and I got into her car. She started driving to the cafe that we're going to.

"Morning" I mumbled and then sneezed.

"Bless you. You're catching a cold?"

I shrugged.

"Guess it was a bad idea to go out in the rain last night." I murmured. 

"Why were you out in the rain?" she asked me and raised her eyebrow. I sighed and then proceeded to explain what happened between me and Naeun last night. I carefully looked at my cousin as her face darkened.

"Eunji-Yah"

​"Y-Yes?!" I stuttered.

"So you forgave her and now you're dating her even though she's dating a boy already?" She didn't seem mad or confused, just disappointed and I can understand why. I know I'm just going to end up hurt again.

I didn't want to speak so I just nodded.

She sighed and we stopped by the cafe. My cousin got out of the car and opened the door for me. I was still in a daze and thinking over the choices I've made. Was I too rash? Should I really have accepted Naeun? The two of us got a table for two and ordered some food and coffee. Jessica sipped on her coffee quietly and I was awkwardly trying to not look at my cousin.

"Eun-Ah"

​"Yes Unnie?" I mumbled.

"I'm not saying what you did is wrong, but you need to think what is best for yourself. Just because she told you she doesn't love him doesn't mean it's true."

"I know Unnie. I'm stupid"

"Aigo, my cute little baby cousin" Jessica Unnie said and pat my head. I looked up at her and she ruffled my hair. I pouted and she giggled.

"You're a good girl Eun. I just don't want you to get hurt again."

I know Unnie." I gave her my eye-smile and proceeded to eating my waffles. My phone rang again and I picked up, only to see an unknown number.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Is this Miss Jung Eunji?"

"Yes it is. Who is this?"

"It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Jung. I'm a talent scout from Dream Cube Entertainment. We have taken an interest in you for a while and want you to sign under our company as an artist.

"Really? Dream Cube?" Dream Cube is a renowned company in South Korea. Many famous idols and artists debuted under them, such as B2ST, 4Minute, Apink, BtoB, Girl's Day, 2PM, etc.

"Yes. We've heard your singing and we really would be honored to have someone as talented as you under our company." the man explained.

Jessica looked at me wondering who was calling me.

"I'm not sure right now. I don't even know if this is legitimate."

"No problem Miss Jung. This is my business number you're calling right now. We will send 2 talent scouts over later today to meet up with you and give you more information. We have already informed your school's department to hold a mini stage for some other potential future artists. We hope you will really consider this."

"... I will sir"

"Thank you Miss Jung."

He hung up and I was left dumbfounded. The most popular company in South Korea just scouted me. I have been scouted previous by smaller companies like Jelly Tea, Empire Ship, and others, but this is the first time such a major company contacted me.

"Who was that?" Jessica asked me.

"A... a talent agent from Dream Cube." I softly said and Jessica almost spat out her coffee. She was choking and I quickly pat my clumsy cousin's back to help her.

"D-Dream Cube?!"

"Yes! Shh!! Not so loud."

"So you're scouted?"

"They have an interest in me and want me to perform in this mini talent show for my major today."

"What song are you going to do?"

"I'm not too sure. Should I dance too?"

She gave me a blank expression and I pouted in response.

"Yah, I know I'm not the best dancer in the world Unnie, but you don't have to be so sassy."

"Well pick a song soon. It's today."

"I know"

I sighed and looked to my right. From afar I saw Naeun and a boy together. The guy was feeding Naeun who was happily eating. The sight just broke my heart but I forced a smile and silently scoffed.

'You don't love him. Yeah right. Jung Eunji, once again you proved you're too nice.'

She suddenly looked over here and saw me. We made eye contact, but I quickly broke it and just shook my head. I don't want to cry. Not again. She looked like she had something to tell me but I just ignored her and turned my attention back to my cousin.

"Unnie I think I know what song to perform, but can you help me with the dance? You're lazy, but you know how to dance." I begged.

"Alright Alright. We'll practice after we both finish our classes, so noon?"

"Sounds good. Let's go now, we have class."

Jessica waited for the check and my phone beeped.

From: Naeun

​- It's not what you think. I don't love him. Please trust me.

I read the message and sighed. I didn't want to deal with this right now so I just turned off my phone and left for class.

~~

Nana's POV

My text messages with Krystal had left me in the bad mood. I angrily did all my routines in the morning and then left to get breakfast. I sat alone in the table and had my coffee and toast. Two people walked into the cafe and I almost dropped my coffee. Lizzy and Krystal were holding hands and sitting in the table in front of me.

'What a ty day'

The two started flirting and I frowned every time Krystal fed her.

"I have to go. I have a really early class today. I'll just pay for the bill, you can stay and enjoy your meal." Soo Jung told Lizzy.

"Okay Jungie" Lizzy replied.

"Bye babe" Krystal said.

'Jungie? Babe? Ew... that sounds so gross.' I frowned.

All of the sudden my cousin bravely pecked Lizzy on the lips. My roommate was blushing and Krystal smirked and walked away. I clenched my fist to avoid chasing after my bratty cousin and giving her a beating. Then it hits me, she's alone right now. I walked to her table and boldly sat where Krystal sat. She looked at me, surprised that I was here.

"H-Hi Nana Unnie."

"..."

She looked down and I just stayed silent until I greeted her back.

"Hi" I coldly said.

"U-Uhm.."

"I see you and Krys have been getting along nicely" I cut her off.

"That's-"

"You're really over me? In a day?" I asked, but this time I was softer, more gentle with my tone.

Lizzy looked down again and it looked like she was about to cry. I didn't want to make her cry, but this whole thing was just irritating me.

"I'm not over you, but it's clear that you don't like me."

"So you're using Krystal as a replacement?" I frowned.

"No! It's not like that!"

"Then what is it?" I had to be careful to not raise my voice.

"I want to return her feelings. I can't keep holding onto you. I might not like Krystal the way she wants me to, but that doesn't mean I can't learn to love her."

"That's bull. You're just kidding yourself" I scoffed.

"How do you know huh?! And why are you even talking to me?! Don't you have a girlfriend too?! That cute girl yesterday!" She shouted at me and I was shocked. She has never shouted at me before. But I didn't want to lose my ground so I stood up and stared down at her. I glanced over at the other customers and they were all watching us.

I didn't want to make a scene so I just dropped a bunch of cash on my table to pay for my meal. Then I pulled her by the arm.

"What are you doing?!"

"Taking you somewhere else to talk. You were making a scene there." I calmly explained without looking at her.

"Me again?! Really?! You don't think this is even a bit your fault?!"

I had enough of her complaining so once we stopped by the Pledis Dorm Park, I pushed her against a huge tree and trapped her between my arms.

"Yah! Leggo of me! You're just a playgirl who wants to play with my feelings! My cousin was right about you!"

I've heard that before but this was the first time it has actually hurt me.

No One's POV

Lizzy looked up at Nana and was confused to see a hurt expression on the girl's face. It wasn't cold or harsh like before, more like sad, something Lizzy has never seen from the older girl. Unconsciously, Lizzy placed both her hands on the older girl's cheeks.

"Worried about me now?" Nana asked and a smirk returned to her face.

Lizzy let go and glared at Nana, assuming that the latter had tricked her as usual.

"You're such a brat! Why do you keep playing with me?!"

"Doesn't this position remind you of all those times in the bathroom at our dorm?" Nana completely ignored Lizzy's question.

"What are you trying to do now you jerk?" Sooyoung coldly asked Jin Ah. 

Nana leaned forward and swiftly placed her lips on Lizzy's. The shorter girl's eyes widened from the surprise and tried to push Nana away, but the senior was stronger and held both of the younger's arms as she explored . Lizzy was still struggling, but Nana was persistent. She stuck her tongue inside the freshmen's mouth to deepen the kiss. As much as Lizzy did not want to admit it, Nana was a good kisser, but Lizzy refused to give up so easily. She finally managed to push Nana away and glared at her while Nana had her trademark smirk on her face.

"What was that for?!" Lizzy screamed and wiped with the back of her hand.

Nana got off the floor and smirked before replying.

"I was taking back that kiss my bratty cousin stole from you."

"W-What?" Lizzy blushed.

"We'll see how long you can keep this up. I will win you back from Krystal. Now I got to leave, I have class. Bye" Nana said and waved.

Lizzy had some tears welled up but wiped them away with her sleeves and left for class.

'People here are crazy!'

~~

Once Tiffany finished her class for the day, she packed up and got ready to leave and study at her dorm. A girl walked up to her, she was around her height and pretty and had a pretty small waist.

"Can I help you?" Tiffany politely asked.

The girl remained silent but glared at her. The American girl heard the other girl mumble something.

"Excuse me miss?"

"You're the who's trying to steal Jessica from me." The girl said. Tiffany's jaw dropped and she shook her head.

"N-No I'm not. Nothing's going on between us!"

"Don't lie. I saw how you purposely bumped into my Jessica so you could pretend to 'treat' her wounds."

"What are you even saying?"

"Stay away from Jessica you hear?"

"We're friends!"

"You bit-" the girl raised her hand to try and hit Tiffany. The latter closed her eyes and expected to feel pain but didn't feel or hear anything. She slowly opened her eyes and saw Jessica holding the unknown girl's wrist while staring coldly at her.

"Jessica..."

"What are you doing Hara?" Jessica coldly demanded answers.

'Hara? Isn't that Jessica's ex-girlfriend's name'

"She's tricking you Jessica!" Hara yelled.

"Whatever happened between us is just between us. Don't involve other people Hara. If you bother Tiffany again I will hurt you" 

Hara left but both California girls knew she would do something again in the future.

'Just you watch Fany. I will teach you a lesson!'

"Are you okay Tiffany? I'm sorry she's crazy" Jessica apologized.

"I-I'm fine."

"If she returns please tell me." Jessica sighed and pat Tiffany's head, making the pre-med student blush.

"She is very irrational. I don't even know why she thinks you're trying to 'steal' me. I'm sorry"

"I-It's okay"

'She's not completely wrong. I do like you' Tiffany thought.

"S-So why are you here? You don't take this course"

"I have a friend here."

"And why are you sweaty?"

"Oh that? I was helping my cousin Eunj-"

The school's loud speaker started sounding and Jessica and Tiffany both stopped to listen to the announcement. 

Ladies and Gentlemen. Today at 3pm there will be a performance by the top talents in Pledis Dormitory. Please come and enjoy the show and some of our students might have the honors of joining the famous Dream Cube Entertainment. That is all.

"So yeah, I was helping my cousin Eunji prepare for her performance."

"Your cousin is going to be in it?!"

Jessica nodded.

"It's 2:30! Come on let's go and support her!" Tiffany excitedly said like a child and pulled her crush out the door. She was holding Jessica's hand, but the blonde didn't really hate it. She wasn't one for skinship, but it didn't feel wrong to have Tiffany by her side.

~~

It was now 3pm and many students from the entire university gathered in Pledis Dorm's biggest concert hall. Two scouts from Dream Cube sat in the front row, ready to evaluate the performances. Eunji was one of the last to perform, but she couldn't help but be nervous. She had perform plenty of times, however this time there were talent agents from a major company. Everyone was scared and excited knowing that they could join such a famous company. Most of the performances were average or forgettable, only a few stood out. She looked at the talent agents holding the evaluation paper and many were unimpressed. 

'I'm going to end up disappointing too.' Eunji sighed.

Just as she was about to just turn away, she received several text messages for encouragement. 

From: Jessica

- You can do you my baby cousin!

From: Krystal

- Unnie Hwaiting!

From: Nana

- Good luck kid.

Eunji took a deep breath and felt more relaxed knowing that her friend and cousins were supporting her.

"Our next performer is Jung Eunji!"

The crowd cheered very loudly. Eunji was famous in the freshmen year for being one, if not the most talented in the music major.

Eunji walked center stage and looked around the room. She spotted Naeun staring at her. Eunji felt a bit guilty for the song she was about to perform, but she knew this song was necessary. She didn't want to continue getting hurt. 

"Good Afternoon. I'm Jung Eunji. 18 years old. I will be singing a song and dancing. My dancing is still lacking so please forgive me." Eunji chuckled and gave the crowd her beaming eye-smile that captivated everyone. She truly had star quality because of her charisma.

The crowd became more quiet as the song started playing. 

Insane

(Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh Baby without you)

When I walked you back home, it was the house of another guy
I felt like you always walked a bit farther from me when there were a lot of people
Just like a big balloon shrinking down, we have cooled down
I can’t hide my frustrated heart
What went wrong?

It’s always the same as last night – you turn away from me
I’m so tired of me always being the clingy one
Because to me, it was always you – I always trusted you
So every night it’s lonely, miserable, tiring

I will leave for you so I will get to hate you
Now I won’t cling onto you anymore
I’m gonna be better – it’s better if I’m not here
Especially today, you have so many secrets

You make me go insane
She gives me so much pain
I won’t be back again I wanna hate you
(You always pretend nothing is wrong
Did you have to pick up the phone right now?)
You make me go insane
She gives me so much pain
I won’t be back again

Every night, you always turn away from me
(Going back before I met you – ridin now, say goodbye)
Although it’s hard to let you go without regret

It still hasn’t hit me yet about you
The promises we made are gone with the wind
The only remaining thing is your cold eyes
Like a wretch, I still miss your smile
I hate myself for that -
I still can’t acknowledge that it’s the end for you and me
I wish I could die

I will leave for you so I will get to hate you
Now I won’t cling onto you anymore
I’m gonna be better – it’s better if I’m not here
Especially today, you have so many secrets

You make me go insane
She gives me so much pain
I won’t be back again I wanna hate you
(You always pretend nothing is wrong
Did you have to pick up the phone right now?)
You make me go insane
She gives me so much pain
I won’t be back again

The memories of when I first saw you become faint
The love swing has stopped
I board the train that will never come back
I’ll let you go I’ll let you go…

I’ll throw it all away, now I’ll let it all go
You can leave now
Don’t ever look for me – though my heart hurts
So I can forget you

I will leave for you so I will get to hate you
Now I won’t cling onto you anymore
I’m gonna be better – it’s better if I’m not here
Especially today, you have so many secrets

You make me go insane
She gives me so much pain
I won’t be back again I wanna hate you
(You always pretend nothing is wrong
Did you have to pick up the phone right now?)
You make me go insane
She gives me so much pain
I won’t be back again

Eunji finished her performance and bowed to the crowd politely. She looked at Naeun and the girl was wiping away tears. Eunji went back stage and everyone hugged her and clapped.

Her celebration was cut short by a text message.

From: Naeun

- We need to talk. NOW.

TBC
Sorry  for such a late chapter. Thank you all for reading, commenting, upvoting and subscribing ^_^ I will be doing personal replies because there were quite a lot. See you next update. And awww so many people chose Eunji as their ideal gf. Sorry for typos... watching fifa LOL