Like a Dream

My Girlfriend's Nosy Parents

Warning: 2eun chapter and I mean ONLY 2eun

Like a Dream

Eunji's POV

"I'm not the best at giving advice, but you should do what is best for you. Don't do something that will make you regret later okay?"

My cousin's words kept replaying inside my mind. I know she has a point, but how can I know what is best for me when I don't even know what I want? I stared at the wall and closed my eyes.

'Why did things turn out like this?'

Naeun and I were best friends before this. But all that changed when I admitted to her that I liked her as more than a friend. It's not like I had expected her to accept me, but I at least thought she would be understanding and still be my best friend. My wallet was on the drawer next to my bed and I reached over for it. Inside my wallet was a picture of Naeun and me back when we were kids. Even after all these years, I still hold onto this picture.

I might have told Nana Unnie that I am over Naeun, but I was just lying. How can I get over her if we ended in such a horrible note?

2008

I was busy eating my lunch when my best friend, Naeun, suddenly ran up to me all excited. I looked at her weirdly while she looked all happy like she had news to tell me. It was very unusual for her to ever be this overjoyed or crazy.

"What's up?" I asked her.

"Guess what?!"

"What?" I replied, not really interested.

She pouted at lack of enthusiasm and then slapped my arm. I groaned in pain and rubbed my arm, but just let it go as usual.

"Can't you at least act excited when I have news to tell you?!" she complained.

"Sorry, so what is it?"

"Myungsoo Oppa asked me to go to the movies with him this weekend!" she celebrated and started jumping up and down.

I looked at her and bit my lower lip. She stopped celebrating when she noticed that I was strangely quiet.

"Unnie? Is something wrong?" she asked me while looking concerned.

"N-Nothing. I'm happy for you Naeun." I answered and gave her a forced smile.

She smiled at me and pecked my cheek.

"Thank you Unnie"

~~

I went home by myself later that day. Naeun had asked me to go hang out with her after school, but I turned her down and told her that I had homework to do.

"You're home Eun?" my cousin, Jessica, shouted from the kitchen. I was going to answer her, but then all of sudden I heard the smoke alarm go off.

"Oh god, please tell me you're not cooking!" I screamed in a panic and ran into the kitchen. I rubbed my temples from frustration when I saw Unnie burning whatever she was cooking.

"Yah! Your mom called me over to watch over you. I figured you'd be hungry so I decided to cook you something! You ungrateful brat"

"Unnie! Scream at me later! You're burning whatever you're cooking!"

"Oh crap I am!" my cousin shouted and I shook my head.

"Let me cook Unnie. What do you want to eat?" I asked while sighing. I threw out her burnt food and then cooked on a new pan.

She leaned against the table and yawned.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm older than her.

"So how was school?" 

I remained silent and pretend to be focused on cooking, something that did not go unnoticed by my cousin.

"Eun-ah, you okay?" she sat on the counter next to me and pinched my left cheek.

I heaved a sigh and then shook my head.

"Can I tell you after we eat?" I weakly asked. She nodded and went back to the table. The two of us shared the omelette that I made and she helped me cleaned the dishes once we finished. My heart was beating faster as each second passed because I was dreading the idea of telling my cousin about my problems.

"Unnie I'll tell you upstairs in my room" I said and walked up with my stuff.

Jessica Unnie came in a few minutes later. She closed the door behind her and locked it so no one would disturb us if they came home. I was sitting on my bed and staring down at the floor.

I heard light footsteps as my cousin walked up to me and sat next to me.  She pulled me closer so I could lean on her shoulder for comfort. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, ready to tell her the truth.

"Unnie-yah..." I mumbled.

"Yes Eun?"

"I... I have a crush on someone"

"... okay. Continue?"

"A-and... this person likes someone else." I continued explaining my situation.

My cousin listened carefully and I saw her nodding, but she was giving me looks of pity.

"Can I ask who your crush is?" she carefully asked me.

I gave her a weak smile and shook my head.

"I'm sorry Unnie, but I'm not ready to tell you who I like. I just want some advice right now"

"It's okay Eun, I understand, so this person likes another person. How does it make you feel?"

I fidgeted my fingers and bit my lip.

"It really hurts unnie...I don't want to feel jealous, but it hurts seeing my crush so happy around this person. The worst part is it makes me feel like a horrible person because I just can't feel happy for her at all"

"I see... wait... HER? Your crush is a girl?!" my cousin screamed and got off her seat. She looked at me completely flabbergasted.

'Oh . I messed up everything' I mentally scolded myself and slowly started crying. The tears that I held back in school finally came out and I soon transitioned from crying to intense sobbing.

"! No Eun-ah I didn't mean it like that!" Jessica loudly said and embraced me tightly. She rubbed my back and whispered into my ear as I cried on her shoulder, soaking her shirt with my tears.

"I'm sorry Eun. Unnie is so sorry. Please don't cry" she whispered to me soothingly.

"U-Unnie..." I tried to speak but I was choking from my own tears.

"Shh... just let it out. I'm really really sorry. Your Unnie is so stupid and bad for making her Eunnie cry. I'm a bad Unnie so please don't think you did something wrong. My Eunnie didn't do anything wrong." she murmured. Jessica Unnie released me and placed her hands on my cheeks. My tears were still flowing, but I could tell that she was truly apologetic.

"Don't cry okay. There's nothing wrong with your crush being a girl." she firmly told me and wiped off my tears with her thumb and then kissed my forehead. She then hugged me again and her warmth helped me calm down a bit. Knowing that she was here for me and is okay with me liking a girl at least took some weight off my shoulders.

I finally calmed down enough to catch my breath and speak again. Her arms were still around my shoulders and she gave me a warm smile that she only gives to me. Seeing her smile made me feel better.

"So this girl...is she Naeun?" she carefully asked.

I looked at her surprised because she had guessed correctly.

"H-How did you know?"

"Eun-ah, she's the only person who could have this effect on you"

I looked away and nodded.

"I don't know what to do Unnie. She's my best friend, I want to tell her, but what if she finds me disgusting?" I hopelessly asked.

"Then she should be ashamed because you liking her doesn't change who you are as a person" she stated in a serious tone.

"B-But, things could still get awkward"

"Well, what would happen if you don't tell her?"

"I... I don't know. I think I'll go insane seeing her so happy with another guy"

"If I were you, I'd tell her just to get it off my chest. She's your best friend, she should be able to understand"

"I hope so..."

"No matter what, I'm on your side Eun. If she hurts you, I will hurt her back" she threatened.

~~

2009

A year has passed since I came out to my cousin. I still never found the courage to tell Naeun my feelings. Instead, I started hanging around her less, she didn't seem to mind because this meant she would have more time with her boyfriend. 

The two of us were paired up for a project for our science class. We were doing our work in silence until she asked me the question that I have been dreading.

"Unnie, why does it seem like you have been ignoring me lately?" she questioned and stared at me.

I stared at her speechless.

"I-I'm not. Y-You've just been busy with your boyfriend. I don't want to be a third wheel"

She didn't seem satisfied with my answered so she walked up to me and pushed me against the wall. She trapped me between her arms so I couldn't escape.

"Give me a real answer" she coldly said.

I looked away.

"Why can't you look at me? Did I do something wrong to make you hate me? This isn't like you Unnie. You used to give me so much attention. Aren't we best friends?"

Best Friends

That label is exactly what is hurting me. I know we'll never be anything more than best friends.

"I don't hate you" I mumbled.

"Don't lie to me. You hate me don't you? Or do you hate my boyfriend?"

"N-Naeun-ah, I-..."

"Or is it because you like my boyfriend, so you're jealous?"

I looked at her, dumbfounded because of her last question.

'Does she really want me to do this?'

Tears were beginning to build up and I tried to blink them away.

"So I was right. You do like my boyfriend." she sarcastically scoffed.

I remained silent as she relentlessly hurt me with words.

'Is this really the person I fell for? Is this really my best friend since I was a child?'

"If you really like Myungsoo, you could've told me. I would've spent less time with him if it hurts you so much. You can't blame me for doing that when I had no idea. It's not my fault he likes me too"

I gave up trying to stop the tears. I clenched my fist and tried to prevent myself from losing control.

"How can we be best friends if you're like this?"

"Enough! Stop! Shut up! Just shut up!" I snapped and shouted at her.

She looked at me surprised. I have never shouted at her like that before.

"You don't even know what the real problem is, but you're blaming me! Fine you want the truth?! I do like someone, but it's not your boyfriend! The person I am in love with is you!"

Her eyes widened at my response.

"Yes, I love you! I've always loved you! I have been in love with you since even before Myungsoo asked you out! And guess what, I regret every ty second of every ty hour of every ty day that I fell for you! The reason why I've been avoiding you is because it ing hurts seeing you so close to him! It feels like someone is stabbing my heart! But do you know why I never did anything?! It's because I wanted to be a good friend! I wanted you to be happy so I let you continue seeing him because I didn't want to be the reason why your relationship is ruined! You want to know how many tears I've shed because of you?! How many nights I had to cry myself to sleep?! I endured all this pain alone and never once blamed you because I told myself that as long as you're happy, I'm happy! I've done so much just to make sure that you're happy and that we can still be friends, but all you do is put the blame on me! Okay fine! I'm at fault! Everything is my fault! It's always my fault! It was my fault for falling in love with you! It's my mistake for meeting you! It's my blunder for being a ing messed up piece of ! It's all my mistake for being a worthless and hopeless lesbian who is madly in love with her best friend! Are you happy now Son Naeun?! You did nothing wrong! I'm the one who is wrong! Everything about me is wrong! I wasn't born right!" I screamed and finally let out all the emotions that I have been holding back.

She didn't know what to say. Instead she gathered all her stuff. I watched as she was getting ready to leave.

Just when I thought she couldn't hurt me anymore, she told me what I have been fearing for so long.

"You disgust me"

She said and left.

I stood there dumbly, silent after my own outburst.

'I'm so pathetic' 

I thought to myself as tears fell onto the floor.

~~

After that, we never spoke again. I tried to apologize but she just ignores me.

My cousins and Nana Unnie found out and they were so close to killing her, but I stopped them because I didn't want to have any more problems. I've just had enough of problems.

My grades started to slip because I had no interest in school anymore. I can't focus with her in the same room. Every time I look at her, she looks away. She doesn't even acknowledge me the least bit.

After a few weeks, my parents got really worried. I didn't let them know what was bothering me, so they thought it was just stress from school. They decided maybe it would be a good idea to move away for a while. Maybe a new environment would help me.

"You're moving Unnie?" Krystal asked me and frowned.

I nodded because I was too busy packing.

"Is it because of that ?" my younger cousin asked.

"Soo Jung-ah, don't use that kind of language" Jessica Unnie scolded.

"No, it's just my parents think I should have a change in environment. That's all"

The elder of the Jung sisters knew that I was lying, but she also knew that there's nothing she could do to change it.

"We'll miss you Unnie" Krystal mumbled as she hugged me.

I returned the hug and gave her a weak eye-smile.

"I'll miss you too"

~~

My cousins and Nana Unnie watched my parents and I leave for our new home. I waved goodbye to them one last time as I got inside the car. Once we started driving, I rested my head on the window and watched as we drove past house after house.

'I hate you Son Naeun'

No One's POV

Jessica, Nana and Krystal were all eating their lunches together in school when they noticed Naeun walking up to them. The girl seemed really intimidated.

The Jung sisters and their cousin glared at the girl coldly, sending shivers up her spine.

"U-Uhm.. H-Hi" Naeun said.

"What do you want?" Krystal harshly asked.

"I-I..I haven't see Eunji Unnie in a while. I was wondering where she is."

"It's none of your business Son Naeun" Nana answered.

"P-Please. I know I made a mistake bu-"

"She's not in Seoul anymore. My cousin moved away" Jessica interrupted her.

"What?!"

"She moved to another city. And listen Son, it's all your fault. She didn't change her contacts, but please do her and everyone else a favor and never try to talk to her ever again." Jessica said.

"I-I'm really sorry" Naeun replied and wiped away some tears that were going to fall any second.

Krystal wanted to punch Naeun because she thought Naeun had a lot of audacity to cry and feel bad when she was the one who drove her cousin away. Nana noticed Krystal was about to snap so she held the younger back before she could hurt her.

Jessica walked up to Naeun and whispered to her.

"What kind of best friend were you? Honestly, thank you for showing your true colors to my cousin. She doesn't need someone like you in her life. Now that you're out of her life, I'd appreciate it if you never try to go back into her life."

~~

Present 

Eunji still remembers the entire thing vividly and she honestly had every right to loathe Son Naeun, but she just couldn't. She still loved her.

The girl sighed into her pillow and was about to drift off to sleep until a text stopped her. The singer groaned and checked to see who had texted her and noticed that it was an unknown number.

From: Unknown

- Eunji Unnie, it's me, Naeun. I know you probably don't want to see me, but please, can you just hear me out? I'll be waiting for you by the large fountain in front of the school's main building.

Eunji got up and checked the time. It was almost 8 at night, so it was dark outside.

'J-Just ignore her Eunji. She'll go back to her dorm if I don't show up right? She's not that stupid.'

The freshman told herself that and listened to the clock tic.

"Aish! She IS that stupid! I know she'll be waiting all night!" Eunji shouted and got off her bed. She grabbed her coat and shoes and then ran out of her dorm. As soon as she walked out, she realized that it was raining heavily. Eunji ignored the rain and ran to the fountain that Naeun was waiting by. It took about 15 minutes and she was completely soaked by the time she finally arrived, but she didn't let it bother her. Eunji searched the area and didn't see Naeun. She felt relieved not seeing Naeun because she vaguely remembered that the younger was gravely afraid of thunder. She was about to leave, but stopped when she noticed a small figure huddled onto the the floor.

'This stupid girl!'

Eunji ran up to Naeun with heavy footsteps and soaked her pants even more because of the puddles.

The younger slowly looked up and saw a soaked Eunji breathing heavily. The chemistry student was shaking from both the cold and her fear of thunder, but seeing Eunji brought a small smile to her face.

The two looked at each other and all they could hear were the sounds of pouring rain and roaring thunder.

"Yah! What are you doing here! It's raining you idiot!" Eunji scolded her.

"I was waiting for you..."

"I know that! But what if I didn't show up? Were you going to spend all night here?!"

"Eunji-"

"God damn it Son Naeun! Why do you still make me worry for you?! Do you think it'll make me happy to see you hurt or sick?! Well, guess what, it doesn't! I'm not that kind of person! Just because you hurt me doesn't mean I hope you get hurt!" Eunji continued scolding the girl.

"I'm sorry" Naeun mumbled in guilt.

"Apologize later. You'll get sick like this. Follow me to my dorm." Eunji ordered.

"I can't..." Naeun said and shook her head.

"Why not?"

Naeun looked away, embarrassed, and muttered, "I slipped and sprained my ankle"

Eunji sighed loudly and then bent down. Naeun watched and was bewildered by the older's actions.

"Get on my back. I'll carry you" the singer explained.

Naeun blushed and shook her head furiously.

"Why are you so nice to me?"

Eunji didn't answer, but took off her coat and put it around Naeun to cover her body and prevent any more rain from soaking her. Naeun finally agreed and shyly got on the older's back. She wrapped her arms tightly around Eunji as the latter began to walk to her dorm.

"A-Aren't I heavy?"

"No."

They arrived at Pledis Dorm and Eunji took the elevator to her room. Once they got to Eunji's room, the girl unlocked the door. Eunji gave Naeun a towel and a change of clothing.

The two took turns showering and sat on Eunji's bed when they both finished. They sat in awkward silence. Naeun bravely intertwined her hand with Eunji's, and the latter didn't refuse.

"So you don't hate me?"

"No, I don't" Eunji answered without looking at her.

"Why not?"

"..."

"Well?"

"How could I hate you if I'm still in love with you?" Eunji questioned her back.

Naeun felt her heart beat faster at the response. She bit her lip and held Eunji's hand even tighter. Eunji turned to Naeun since the girl was too quiet and felt something warm on her lips.

The younger had her eyes closed as she enjoyed the sweet kiss while Eunji stood still. However, she slowly returned the kiss. The kiss got more heated as Eunji became more aggressive and gently push Naeun down on the bed. Naeun broke the kiss and pulled the older closer to her so she could hug her.

"That's what I should've done 4 years ago, not push you away."

Eunji listened as the girl continued to speak.

"The truth is... I always did feel something for you."

"..."

"I-I... I was just too scared so I dated Myungsoo hoping that I could change how I felt about you."

"..."

"But when you started drifting away, I felt hurt. When you confessed, I realized I liked you more than I thought I did. And finally, when you left, it felt like I lost a big part of my world"

"N-Naeun-ah..." Eunji stuttered.

"You were never the one at fault. You were never stupid. I was the stupid person. I was a careless, cruel, heartless, worthless, evil bit-"

Eunji had enough of Naeun talking so she silenced her with another kiss. The singer broke the kiss and stared deeply into Naeun's brown orbs.

"Don't say that."

"But..."

"Just don't. I get it, we both messed up and misunderstood each other."

"Unnie..."

"I'm still angry and a little hurt, but I still love you."

"..."

"So, maybe we can make this work. If you prove that you really love do me back."

Naeun smiled and hugged Eunji tightly, making the latter flustered.

"T-Thank you Unnie" Naeun mumbled.

"You're welcome. Also, Naeun-ah..."

"Yes Unnie?"

"I heard you sing earlier today. You sounded pretty good"

"T-Thanks."

"Why don't you sing for me again?" Eunji teased the girl under her.

"U-Unnie..."

"Please?" Eunji pouted.

"O-Okay"

Like A Dream

Hope that everything is a dream,
that everything is a lie
Saying I'm sorry, saying be well,
don't say anymore

(I already know) You're not going to comeback
(Even though I know) But I'll still wait for you

Like a dream I have met you, like a dream we loved
Our love was as happy as a dream
Like a dream you have appeared,
like a dream you have left
Comeback to me again, since I'll be waiting here for you

My throat keeps clogging so I couldn't say anything
Because your two eyes didn't look at me but looked away from me

(I can't yet) I can't let you go
(Even now) I'm crying because of you

Like a dream I have met you, like a dream we loved
Our love was as happy as a dream
Like a dream you have appeared,
like a dream you have left
Comeback to me again, since I'll be waiting here for you

None of this happened, this is all a dream, that is what I wanted to believe
I miss you, I love you, I want to tell my heart to you

Like a dream I have met you, like a dream we loved
Our love was as happy as a dream
Like a dream you have appeared,
like a dream you have left
Comeback to me again, since I'll be waiting here for you

"I love you Jung Eunji"

Eunji beamed and leaned forward to kiss her long-time crush again.

"I love you too Son Naeun"

Eunji got off Naeun and lay down next to her. The two made eye-contact and smiles formed on both their faces. Eunji pulled Naeun closer to her so the younger rested against her chest. Naeun closed her eyes and sighed when Eunji rubbed her back softly.

"Let's sleep Naeunnie" Eunji sweetly said and Naeun blushed hearing the nickname that Eunji hasn't used in a long time.

"Sing me a lullaby Unnie" Naeun shyly ordered.

"Anything for my princess..."

So Long

Do you remember how you and I were so young and small?
We were always together, do you remember our friends who were jealous of us?

You held my small hand and protected me, always smiling only at me
Baby, we didn’t know back then, we were too young

You came to me, into my heart, as something more than a friend
Next to you, I hid my heart, hiding behind the friend label

Do you think of those days like I do sometimes? Do you remember
The nice breeze, the warm sunlight that shone on us? Do you remember

We resembled each other so much and you were my precious friend
Baby, that’s what I believed but you came to me and it was so strange

You came to me, into my heart, as something more than a friend
Next to you, I hid my heart, hiding behind the friend label

Honestly, I was afraid, I wasn’t used to my trembling heart when I saw you
Actually, I resented you for acting like everything was normal
Why didn’t you know my heart?

Feel me, feel me, tell me, tell me, love me, love me (though it’s too late)
Feel me, feel me, tell me, tell me, love me, love me (though it’s too late)

You came to me, into my heart, as something more than a friend
Next to you, I hid my heart, hiding behind the friend label

Eunji finished the song and heard light snoring from the girl beside her. She carefully turned off the light from the lamp next to her bed and cuddled closer to Naeun.

"Good night Naeunnie." Eunji whispered and kissed her forehead before slowly falling asleep herself.

TBC? (IDK if this counts as a chapter since this is like a filler)

Sorry, we'll pick up on Nana x Lizzy x Krystal in the next chapter ;D Just think of this a filler? Thank you so much to my 24 upvoters, my 164 subscribers and all the people who comments ; u ; You guys are all amazing. I'll be starting my IB exams soon (props to anyone who knows what the IB is) so I most likely won't be able to update until mid-May. Psst, I might update tomorrow since it's the last day of my spring break. MIGHT!!! BAIII omigat, so many comments for the last chapter I am not worthy ;__; I'm so sorry for any typos.
@ Abstract09 thank you! Wow in one go? O_O 
@ akumatsubasa aha thank you for reading
@ SueNASOO makes the story interesting doesn't it? xD *dodges rock*
@ babujjung kryzy is adorbs omg ; u ; this wasn't a legit update, sorry >< but Krys will find someone. I promise!
@ datmao every day I shock!!! sorry for the bad kpop pun
@ Angelmae13 I'm so honored T__T 
@ Icylips not sure if Sica will tell Nana when Lizzy is dating her SISTER :\ and LOL I hope you liked the 2eun BTS
@ novelone 'lethal' ahahahaha
@ nivar345 I think we all did >_< that was the plan poor sica. Everyone is having love problems but her
@ girlsgeneration- Sica was beyond late and maybe? D: Bad Lizzy! Jk jk
@ vitaamor you're so right, I wouldn't if I were sica tbh *plays This Is War by MBLAQ*
@ EunMinJi sorry this wasn't the update you were expecting aha
@ Heyyooim good luck to Nana indeed
@ anais1387 I love them too and poor Sica, she has to pick between her precious sister or beloved cousin ;;
@ ShieshaN ahahaha! I'm so sorry. Please don't hurt me :< 
@ dumb-iljin I'll try to give a real update next time ><

 

You guys should definitely listen to the songs I mentioned in this chapter ^_^, they're both Apink songs.