Chapter 7

What Am I?

 

~minho POV~
It's been a week and I still haven't found sleep. I stay up at night reading anything the family has. Many of these books have taught me how to further communicate with other people. I can now hold a conversation on almost any topic. Onew and I became fast friends he even taught me how to play that thing called an xbox. Amber I guess doesnt mind me. We haven't talked since that night. Key would sit me down and talk to me about anything I remember and had me draw pictures to possibly interpret. 
 
The  police showed up and asked several questions but I couldn't answer any. For hours they asked question after question regarding anything they thought might be connected. They were going to come back again and bring a hypnotist. 
 
The boy next door, Taemin, he would come over Every now and then and would Play games with Onew. I sat toward the back of the room and watched till Taemin patted the seat next to him. From then on I sat next to him and sometimes talked to him. 
 
Today was different Onew was out when Taemin came over. His auburn hair was combed to the side and he wore a green hoodie with a pair of jeans. "hey Minho." he said politely when I opened the door. 
 
"He-hello. Onew isn't here at the moment." I say with a blush.
 
"That's alright. Do you want to hang out at my house for now?" he asked and I nodded. He took my hand and led me to his house. "Would you like something to drink?" shaking my head I look around. There was a big piece of wood I read about once called a piano it made a sort of melody. I walked over to it and looked it over running my hands over its finished wood. "Do you know how to play?" he asked and I shook my head. "Come here." he said pulling out the little bench and sitting on one edge. I sat down on the other side as he lifted up the top revealing the piano keys. Looking down at them I pressed a key and a low note played. Taemin giggles a little. "here press this key and this key down and count to 4. Then press down again. Repeat that and I'll play a melody." I nodded pressing down on those two keys while he made a beautiful soft melody. Pressing down again he went up and down the keys playing the most wonderful sound I had ever heard. As the song came to an end he leaned back into nothing taking his hands off the piano. 
 
"That was beautiful." I spoke quietly giving him a smile. He smiled back before we heard the front door open. Taemin jumped up and Bowed as his umma walked in. 
 
"Hello. I didn't know we had company." she said emotionlessly. I stood up and bowed to her as she walked toward a different room. 
 
"I think it's time for you to go." Taemin mumbled taking my hand and pulling me toward the door. "thanks for coming over." he said quietly shutting the door. I nodded and waves goodbye before heading back to keys house.