Chapter 2

What Am I?

 

"We have no record of him. No amber alerts nothing. He doesn't talk he just stares at you trying to comprehend what is going on. He's a very good artist though. We found him wandering in the city. Had to give him clothes." officer choi said bringing me into a room where in the middle a boy no older than 17 in blue scrubs was tapping a crayon onto a piece of paper. Mr. Choi wasn't skinny but wasn't fat either. His hairline was receding and his mustache took over most of his upper lip. His uniform looked a little too tight for comfort. 
 
"Does he have a name?" I asked looking him over. His black hair was too long and almost touched his shoulders. He had some muscle and broad shoulders. 
 
"He's file says John Doe. No age possibly 16. He reminds me of my brother Minho though. Smart child very artistic. Got all the looks." hmmmm
 
"Minho." I say looking over at him. He stopped tapping and looked Up. His eyes innocent and confused with a hit of fear. His lip was busted and had a cut on it. It looked like it recently had stopped bleeding.  "I think he likes that name. What happened to his face?"
 
"another inmate took a swing at him making a Commotion about it."  
 
Does he have a place to stay?" I asked and officer choi shook his head. The boy started tapping the crayon again. 
 
"all foster houses are full. We're keeping him in Isolation so he won't get hurt around the others."
 
"Alright then. I guess I'll take him for a few days.  give me the papers to fill out. I'll take him in till you find a home for him." 
 
"Yes sir." he said leaving. Walking over to Minho I sat down in a chair as looking at him draw. He stopped and looked up at me. Up close he was a very handsome boy. His features were those many would die for. He was too pale though. 
 
"Please continue." I say softly with a smile. He hesitantly smiled and continued tapping. Looking at his other work I saw how precise he was. It's like it took a photograph of it with his mind and is replicating it onto here. His skill was magnificent.  "Minho?" I asks and he looks up at me. "do you remember anything from before now?" he shook his head sadly just as Officer choi walked in. 
 
After filling out all the paperwork I brought him to the car. He seemed nervous about everything but also fascinated at the same time. Getting him in and driving back I decided to cancel all my appointments for the rest of the day. His case might be interesting.