Chapter 13

What Am I?

 

~key POV~ 
"Will he be okay?" I asked as jonghyun and I talked to the doctor.  We were having a great time at the fair till we got a call from Taemin saying Minho had some sort of seizure and was taken to the hospital. Amber and Onew met us there. 
 
"Yes he should make a quick recovery. More than a recovery actually. His scans show eccentric activity in the brain." the doctor replied writing stuff down on his board before looking into the window at minho who currently was resting in a bed. 
 
"what does that mean?" jonghyun asked. 
 
"well humans use only a third of their brain all their life. He is using all of it."
 
"could this have been a cause of the seizure?" I questioned looking at the man in the lab coat. 
 
"it is possible. No one knows the damages of full use of the brain. Maybe he had a flash back or a vision. Were gong to keep him here overnight to the doctor said before his name was called over the intercom. "If you will excuse me."
 
"incredible. I bet that's why he was able to learn to communicate that quickly. He probably could pass the ACT or any other test. After this we should get him a test." I said to jonghyun before we went  into go see him. Minho was laying on the hospital bed watching the heart monitor with fascination. "Hey Minho." he looked over and smiled at familiar faces. "How you feeling?"
 
"My head hurts a little but I feel fine." he replied as amber poked her head in and called jonghyun out of the room. 
 
"They're gonna keep you here overnight. But you should be alrightree." I said with a smile. His face showed distraction something I was used to seeing in my office.
 
"Key. Can I tell you something?" 
 
"Sure thing. What's up?" I asked pulling a chair up to his bed. 
 
"When I out. I sort of saw something. Then some flashbacks." he started. 
 
"the doctor did say that could have been a cause of your seizure. Do you remember what you saw?" 
 
"That's the thing. I can only remember one part but I know there was more." he replied quietly. 
 
"What do you remember about what happened just before?" he nodded. 
 
" I had a feeling that someone was watching me and when Taemin and I got on the carousel I saw him again. The man that was watching me. I thought I recognized him and I saw a flashback of where I remember his face. Then he pulled out a gun and I froze.  There was pain in my head and that's all I remember before waking up here." he told as jonghyun stuck his head in. 
 
"Time to go Kibum."  I nodded before standing up. 
 
"Why don't you get some sleep well be back in the morning to pick you up. We can continue our discussion when you come home okay?" I said and he nodded  before I kissed him on the forehead then leaving. 
 
In the waiting room amber, Onew and Henry, ambers boyfriend, we're sitting patiently in the chairs. Taemin, on the other hand, was pacing back in forth anxiously. When he saw us he quickly walked over. "Is he Alrght?" he asked scared. 
 
"He Will be alright. he's going to stay the night." jonghyun said  but that didn't calm down Taemin. 
 
"This is all my fault. If I hadn't wanted to go on the ride he would never have had that seizure." Taemin whipsered quietly tears starting to form. 
 
"No it isn't your fault Taemin. In fact I think you might have helped him. He's starting to remember slowly." I said putting a hand on his shoulder. Everyone but Henry looked up at the same time. 
 
"Really? That's great to hear. Do you think I could maybe see him? To. To give him this." he asked quietly holding up a plastic bag with a blue fish in it swimming around happily. I nodded and he went in. 
 
"Alright guys. Let's get home. Henry would you like to stay for dinner?" I asked him. 
 
"yes please." he said eagerly.