Chapter 9

What Am I?

 

~key POV~
I wonder why minho isn't down yet? He's normally the first person down granted he doesn't sleep. He's getting there though. He says his body aches and he has dark bags under his eyes but he can't sleep. Maybe today we will be lucky. "Onew honey will you go get Minho. Breakfast is almost ready." I told Onew who nodded and ran upstairs. Maybe it is time for Minho to find a foster home. But he's made such progress here if we take him away now he might relapse. Then the officers would be stuck on the case. 
 
"Umma! Umma! He's not here." Onew shouted down. 
 
"What do you mean he isn't here?" jonghyun called back. 
 
"He's not in the house. I looked everywhere." Oh god.
 
"He must have heard us talking and decided to leave. We have to find him." I said dropping everything and grabbing my keys. "I'll take the car you guys ask around the neighborhood." we all ran around looking everywhere. For hours and hours we searched. Finally we all had but given up when Taemin and ms lee pulled into their driveway. "Taemin have you seen minho?" 
 
He had gotten out of the car as we ran over to him. "Yeah I saw him this morning when he left."
 
"did he say where he was going?" amber asked fear evident in her voice. 
 
"He just smiled and said 'I'm going home." Taemin replied as ms lee ushered him into the house. 
 
"Home. That must be where he was found. In the woods across town. Let's go now." I said as we ran to the car quickly getting in and starting it. 
 
When we got to the forest night was almost upon us as we took our flashlights and searched around the area calling his name. Onew shouted I found him and we all headed over that way. Minho was still in his pajamas sitting on a tree trunk looking up at the stars. It looked like he had been like that for hours. 
 
"Minho?" I called out and he turned to look at us. Smiling he turned back to the sky. "Minho what are you doing?"
 
"I'm waiting." he replied as I walked over to him. 
 
"Waiting for what?"
 
"my family." he said confidently. I looked back at jonghyun who smiled slightly before walking up to we're I was and taking my hand. 
 
"I think they found you." jonghyun said and Minho turned around to look at us as Onew and amber joined us. Studying us for a minute he finally smiled as he stood up. We all returned to the car happy and feeling a sense of family.