Chapter 12

What Am I?

*terribly sorry for not updating in a while. I have been working on my essay about conversion therapy and had no time to update. Now that it's done here's another chapter. 

 

 

The festival had lots of bright colorful things. From games to rides. Allow around we're children running around laughing and having fun. Was I ever a child like that? Did I ever have fun? "Minho. Come on we're supposed to meet amber and her friends by the ski ball." Onew said as he and Taemin walked ahead. Running to catch up we eventually saw amber with her group of friends. "Hello ladies." Onew said trying to be smooth placing his hand out and leaning against the tent. Unfortunately there was no support behind it and he fell through causing several of the girls to laugh. "Um I meant to do that of course." amber rolled her eyes before turning to me and Taemin. 
 
"I'm going to go hang out with Henry. You two don't get lost and had fun. Here's some money for games and food." she said handing Taemin a few dollars before running off. Onew had occupied himself talking with the other girls leaving Taemin and I to do whatever. 
 
"Have you ever been to a festival?" he asked and I shook my head. "Well lets start with some games." Nodding my head I follow him continuously looking over my shoulder. I could feel someone's eyes on me. it made me uncomfortable. "Minho. Let's play this one." turning back to look at him I nodded again. He showed me how to play where you take a water gun and spray it at a rotating disk going in a randomized pattern. It all looked like numbers to me which made it easy for me to win. "I didn't think you'd do so well." Taemin said in disbelief. The man working the booth give me a prize. It was a small bag with a fish in it. "Now you have a friend." walking to the next game I looked back again seeing a man standing by the side of the booth then nothing. Something was definitely watching me. "hey Minho." Taemin called and I turned to catch up with him fish in hand. "Can we ride the carousel? It's always been my favorite ride. I know it's for little kids but I love it." he asked pointing to it. Many different plastic animals were on it that went in a circle while they rotated up and down. Mathematically it made sense. Giving him another smile I nodded receiving an excited expression from him. Taking my hand he led me over to the line. As we entered I set the fish to the side and climbed on with him. "here there's two-" he said just as a little it climbed on one. Looking around all the others were filled up. 
 
"It's okay. I'll stand." I told him helping him on the carousel horse. 
 
"Are you sure? We can find somewhere else." I shook my head and the ride started. The animals rotated going up and down. I held on to the pole that was attached to his horse and looked around. 
 
That's when I saw him. The man from before. Each time we went around he was looking right at me. My heart sped up as some flashes ran through my head. Letting out a small groan I held onto the pole tighter. "Minho are you okay?" I nodded and looked out again. He was still there. This time images went through my head. Some were of him. Other were of water and blood I think. The next time we went around I saw something metallic showing through fro under his jacket he held. A gun. Oh god he was going to shot. One last shot of pain through my head and I was on the floor of the ride. My body started shaking and I gasped for air. The pain was intense as more images flashed before me. "Minho!" Taemin screamed getting off the carousel horse and getting on the ground next to me. "Help! Someone call 911!" he screamed trying to keep my awake as the ride slowed to a stop. I couldn't control my body and returned to darkness.