Chapter 6

What Am I?

 

~Minho POV~
This probably wasn't the place where sleep was. It was a large house with a pool and colorful lights. Loud sounds came for all over and many people were around. Several were doing what I think was a mating dance. 
 
I couldn't find amber anywhere. Maybe she was near the pool. Making my way there several girls tried to do their mating dance toward me or grab my arm but I kept going pulling my body away for them. They looked disgusted for a moment before going back to dancing. Looking around I couldn't find her there either till I felt an arm on mine. Looking over I saw amber pulling me out of the swarm of people. "What are you doing here? Did umma send you to spy on me?" she asked over the noise. I looked at her confused. Suddenly the crowd of people dispersed to the house as a man in a black uniform showed up. 
 
"I've got a disturbance call from the neighbors. If you don't leave now I'll have to bring you in." his deep voice said as he pulled out a long black object that zapped at the end. Amber ran to her friends while I stood there. I stood looking at him. All these numbers were floating around him from the shiny objects on him to his zapper. 
 
"Minho!" amber yelled but I stood eye to eye with this man. I could take him. The numbers told me so. 
 
"Well looks like we have here. Some vigilante. Trying to impress you're girlfriend? Come at me." he growled. I didn't move if we were going to fight he was going to have to make the first move. He lunged at me with the zapper swinging it toward me. Stepping back it misses my face by a few inches. "why you little." he growled as he swung it over and over. Everyone I dodged I took a step closer to the pool till I was on the edge. He ran at me but I grabbed the zapper and flipped him over my shoulder into the pool as he let go of the zapper. 
 
Several others laughed while others gasped in shock. The man pulled himself out of the pool with Flames built in his eyes. He should know better than to continue fighting me. Especially since he is wet. I have the zapper and it wouldn't end well for him. He examined his situation before sighing. Turning on his heels he quickly left the area. The others cheered loudly as the noise started again. Amber grabbed my arm and pulled me away. "That was great. Don't do it again. Why did you follow me?"
 
Opening my mouth up I tried to say something but some girl grabbed onto my other arm trying to continue the mating dance. Amber had to forcefully push her away. Leading me away we head back toward the direction of the keys house. "Amber?" I asked. She looked up at me with another surprised look on her face but nodded. "Who is sleep?" 
 
For the first time since I met her today she genuinely smiled and let out a laugh. "Sleep isn't a person. Sleep is a dormant state our bodies have to go into to rest so we are refreshed the next day." 
 
"How do I find it?" I asked as we neared the house. 
 
"get comfortable and close your eyes  and count to a million." she advised carefully opening the door and shutting it softly. It's like she didn't want to wake up key and the man named Jonghyun. Unfortunately as the door shut the light behind us came on and we both quickly turned. "." she muttered under her breath. 
 
"Where have you been? Minho are you ok? Neither of you should have gone out at this time of night." key started rambling. Amber argued how she's old enough to do what she wants while jonghyun and I stood to the side not knowing what to do. 
 
"Key sir." I said softly. He turned to look at me as I continued. "it wasn't ambers fault. I didn't know Who sleep was so I went out to find him. Amber came to find me and tell me sleep wasn't a person." 
 
"So you're telling me amber wasn't out at a party?" key asked and I shook my head. Amber looked at me shocked I saved her skin. "Alright. Amber head to bed i need to talk with Minho. Jonghyun you can go too. I'll be up in a bit." they quickly left as key walked me into the kitchen sitting me on a tall chair at the counter. "Tell me the truth now. She was at a party." I hesitated before he continued. "I won't do anything. I need to know." slowly I nodded. He was silent for a minute. "That was very noble of you Minho. why don't I heat up some tea to help you sleep tonight." giving him a small smile I nod.